Thread: Conquest question

Conquest question

Conquest

This attack, like Traditional March, will, if successful, take away a portion of the target's land and give it to the attacker.However, the attacker is only required to send 51% of the target's defence to be successful.The land gained, on the other hand, will be significantly lower than Traditional March.
    Sending more than 51% will return higher gains up to a certain limit.

My question is does anyone know the % of land gained in each attack and what is the LIMIT in which the gains are cut off by sending additional offense as mentioned in the last sentence of the conquest description
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Conquest

Base gains are 6.8% land for a full hit, gains are decreased in proportion to the relative offense sent vs. targets defence.

Traditional March

Base gains are 12% and Traditional March gains are capped at 20% of your or your opponent's land, whichever is smaller.
    I have not checked the exact formula. I thought you get 1 acre at 51% of the defense. I assumed the rest was linear. So 75% would be 3.4% of target land.

Enthusiast
    Conquest

Base gains are 6.8% land for a full hit, gains are decreased in proportion to the relative offense sent vs. targets defence.

Now, if i remember correctly there are 3 msgs for CQ. We broke initial lines of def, moderate success one and gained all land we targeted? Based on the 3 msg i'd guess 2-2.5% 4-4.5% and 6.8%
    Use of CQ is situational btw

Is it true that Bounce Waving is better than Conquest Waves in war? Taking into account that you have a single target that say 15 attackers can conquest. I also read that losses on conquest are higher so id like to know if this is true OR if you just lose the same amount as if you would do a TM but gain half the land so it seems like the losses are "worse".
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Also say I have 1,000 acres and 140k nw and I conquest a province with 1100 acres and 152k nw in war with no GS. Can someone give me an estimate on a return I can be looking to recieve from this hit.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    Also say I have 1,000 acres and 140k nw and I conquest a province with 1100 acres and 152k nw in war with no GS. Can someone give me an estimate on a return I can be looking to recieve from this hit.
    As mentioned, conquest gains are tied to offense sent, so can not really work anything out without that. And I don't think how the offense is tied in to it is known exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    Is it true that Bounce Waving is better than Conquest Waves in war? Taking into account that you have a single target that say 15 attackers can conquest. I also read that losses on conquest are higher so id like to know if this is true OR if you just lose the same amount as if you would do a TM but gain half the land so it seems like the losses are "worse".
    Attacker losses on conquests are higher.

Defender losses are tied to offense sent I think, so to kill a high amount of defense I imagine you would need to send a decent amount of offense. So in that case I would think conquest would be better as you gain land which will help against chaining.

Enthusiast
    I'd consider bounces and CQs in war only if my kd had completely destroyed the core of the enemy kd and there was left 1 stubborn big guy.
    An 1k attacker should be able to break any 1100 acre province. If not he is doing something very wrong

Thread Information