Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gensis on utopia

Veteran

Gensis on utopia

Now I know im not the most popular person around here. Nor do i claim to be something special or grand.

But as someone who has played this game long term there are two things that I miss: 1) Dark Elves, 2) Genesis server.

I understand Dark Elves will never come back to utopia i have accepted that fact, but what I do not understand is genesis. That is where you learn to polish your own individual growth and how to better play your province in world of legends, I remember using Genesis as an experimental server for personal growth with my real province in WoL -- a lot of times thats how i used to do my research into what race/personality I wanted to pick and play.

What did you guys use genesis for?

Would you like to see it come back, why or why not?

What other changes would you like to see?

Forum Addict
    I used genesis to play casually when for various reasons I couldn't be active enough for the main game.

That was when there were tens of thousands of players.

Now the game is down to 4.3k provinces (not players). That number is simply not big enough to split onto two servers IMO.

Why not get genesis as a "new" utopia with a simpler gameform where there is more help for new players and make kingdoms 12 provinces, advertise it and get new players in.

The kingdoms that finish in top10 or top20 gets merged with another 1 from the top and then moved into WoL as a 24 player kingdom with the option of picking a player themselves to become 25...

Then take WoL kingdoms finishing bottom 10 or has less then 18 players and move them into genesis for a chance of getting merged with another, if they can make it back to top10 or top20 depending what is dicided.

It will give a nice rotation, it will add new players and it will bring back more competition and it will make sure the new players dont get discourage and leave before they actually learn the game.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Veteran
    The genesis server used to be only 4 provs per KD its literally invidiual growth and personal development.

Kemia, hence i suggested 12 to make it more interesting, and also to add a bit of competition to it, so we hopefully see more new players trying to improve to be able to get on to the "pro server".
    War is what happens when language fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    The genesis server used to be only 4 provs per KD its literally invidiual growth and personal development.
    is it said i remember when Genesis was 20 provinces? miss w00t :(

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I think it was 15, but my memory of Gen is foggy at best

was 20 for a long time. may have been different some ages. Kingdoms who traded just farmed kingdoms who didn't. Genesis with 0 invites would certianly be fun. Playing with strangers each age adds a cool twist to game
    My life is better then yours.

In my mind genesis was a bit to easy, but I did enjoy it a quite a lot. Have some of my best utopiamemories from that server.
    http://www.viktorsvantesson.net/utopia/topv-censur.jpg here is a screenshot from when I thought that just running the nr1 prov was to small of a challenge.
    Last edited by vir; 15-11-2014 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    was 20 for a long time. may have been different some ages. Kingdoms who traded just farmed kingdoms who didn't. Genesis with 0 invites would certianly be fun. Playing with strangers each age adds a cool twist to game
    yea but it kinda evened out at the end and youd see those kingdoms battle a lot more openly than in wol/bf servers since it was only genesis

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Can't post images with locations in them.

Paint -> Scribbles over locs -> We're all good.

Post Demon
    Genesis with 0 invites would certianly be fun. Playing with strangers each age adds a cool twist to game
    Yeah I remember that twist from the first 35 ages I played utopia :D

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Can't post images with locations in them.

Paint -> Scribbles over locs -> We're all good.
    Even if teh locations are 7 years old? That sounds quite ridicules..

PamBot has only certain parameters. :/

While it can target share on kingdoms by name itself, it does not yet have the time functionality where it can discern between old and new locs and hence must maintain a no locs rule. :/
    That function is too difficult to maintain hence it defaults to " No locs, no exceptions " sub routine.

Any overflow can be passed to " No mod discussion " higher Bishop Mainframe if needed. :/

Veteran
    it would be ni(e to see some legit (hanges... maybe bring ba(k shepard and give it dragon immune and plague immune and bring ba(k DE but these will never happen... oh well heres to hoping, i really would like to see genesis re-open though, i wonder if it will happen? I doubt that... but its all for good wishes right?

Thread Information