Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Name Your Best 8

Needs to get out more
    Respect all around.

Piggy was in HRS with me.
    She was the best core player there and reportedly an even better t/m.

I just ran across Syele and friends in DFZ the other day.

@ Burkharistan, I couldn't run The Virtual Kingdom. I tried to make some things simple, but the strat would best be served by a complex thinker. What I had considered was inviting 7-8 players to my lonely abode and going through exercises to work on divisional tactics.

I've attached title to player type just to make relating kingdom design easier. The monarch position is intended to represent the goal setter and diplomacy initiator. Council would have intimate knowledge of their divisions to convey the likelihood of goal objectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    I like the idea of your virtual kd, and placing people into rolls and i even get the 3 groups as there are 8 races/personalities. Active players shouldn't matter what timezone but im curious as to why you chose the SAME race/personalities for each group and why u went with the exact setup u did. I mean mixing and matching the races/personalities differently would give you a MUCH stonger kd.

i.e. say u went with an attacker core of human/war hero, dwarf sage, avain clearic, undead tact, orc warrior, and then mix and matched the t/m's as 2 elf mechants, 1 elf mystic, 1 feary mystic, 2 feary rogues, 1 halfer rogue, 1 halfer mystic, 1 halfer merchant,+monarch's choice. You'd end up with a much more balanced kd. I mean most kds cant run so many race/personaliteis simply because the 'leader" has to micro manage the builds/#'s on each prov. However, as your initial post is "best 8" varied race choices lets you fill those rolls with anyone and each person can tweak their builds to size/location in kd. Its best 8 just "assume" they are run perfectly and u got a much stronger kd.
    Last edited by Persain; 25-11-2014 at 11:02.

Team Girls Only

Dena
    Pachie
    Stella
    Clarey (not played with)
    Starr
    Rocky
    Eystia
    Princess

Only counted on the highest activity/skill peak over the ages for each player.
    Dena should be the leader cause of her social skill, great organization skill and game understanding.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Needs to get out more
    @ Persain.
    The alignment I chose was my personal choice and a matter of judicious use of time. The short answer is yes, you can mix and match at your convenience. The reason I didn't emphasize that aspect here is because that subject is addressed in the RPG thread: The Amber Room.

The philosophy in The Virtual Kingdom is playeresque; probably influenced by my lower tier heritage and mission quest. If we step back a moment, the intent of this template is to assemble fragments of pulverized kingdoms.

- Bring your best 8 and join forces with 2 other kingdoms best 8.
    - Chose your role in the template that is designed to allow each player to shine.
    - Respecting each kingdom dynamic we utilize divisions to retain intimate culture.
    - Compete with respective divisions to hone your skills.
    - Cooperate with respective divisions to operate as a viable kingdom.
    - The template is the kingdoms character as TFC was faery exclusive in it's prime.

Work begins. See you guys later.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Lol its funny how a guy like toffe being good one age or two in the beginning of the game still get a lot more respect then some people that have been around and been doing solid rankings for maybe 40 ages now :D

The respect for "old school" is so high that one age between age 1 - 10 probably rank as 6-10 ages now. I always found that pretty funny.

Veteran
    It's really strange, because past greats coming back have a pretty awful track record. It doesn't translate when the mechanics, playstyles, and diplomatic standards have changed so much.

EDIT: To be fair, on the kingdom level, I would say 30s-40s was the highlight of strategy, activity, and ability to pull off stuff that was never possible before (activity, smartphones becoming widespread) or after (people getting lazier). Mostly because of activity. Now, of course we know how to do it, but we just too damn old
    Last edited by Meeni; 27-11-2014 at 06:28.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by vir View Post
    Lol its funny how a guy like toffe being good one age or two in the beginning of the game still get a lot more respect then some people that have been around and been doing solid rankings for maybe 40 ages now :D

The respect for "old school" is so high that one age between age 1 - 10 probably rank as 6-10 ages now. I always found that pretty funny.
    Since I think I'm the only one who mentioned Toffe I guess I could explain that very example. The heydays of the people mentioned coincide with my own in terms of whoring. Roughly. After that I was gone from the game for 8 years - and only been in two kingdoms since I got back a while ago. That and I've kept a relatively low profile and externally a quite anti-social play style.

That said, I agree in general. I think the game knowledge out there today most likely supersedes many of the "ancient greats". I also mentioned that I didn't want to create a list of exclusion, and therefore didn't take my own two recent kds into account - automatically excluding all great players today that weren't "great" back when.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

@strat0

I've warred DFZ too. My impression was Champion Havoc/Syele are a tight leadership. :)

Good little kd, VERY on target. When they learn the value of ub's and how to load honor/Sci on those key positions they will jump the rankings.

Just where they were when I warred them. They were active and disciplined. Just exposed their tm/econ/ played a slightly out of date strat.
    Over chained in the war I had against them too. :)

Sir Postalot
    I would like to introduce you to a fellow named FAIR who once had his resume spit and then proceeded to bounce don proteus 4 times in one war.

Enthusiast
    killer/mela
    elit
    keyser
    wartague
    flip
    flogger
    matty
    ryan

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I would like to introduce you to a fellow named FAIR who once had his resume spit and then proceeded to bounce don proteus 4 times in one war.
    Even nubs like me have bounced a kd 7-8 per war via nb, soldier aid,mp.

That was f*kn funny though. :)

1. SkyRacerJean (StrategyLostCBC)
    2. Ragnar (RevelationUM)
    3. Tysim ( DDL )
    4. Boli ( CandyStore )
    5. YF ( 4got what kd )
    6. ASF ( XXXRated )
    7. Denise ( Plaidovian Monarch :P )

8. and lastly... The Legendary "Sid" one of the best player in Utopian History, Horses riding Horses yea :P
    P L A I D O V I A

Post Fiend
    greatMORBO
    kushout

Quote Originally Posted by yadnus View Post
    4. Boli ( CandyStore )
    This is a typical example. While CandyStore had Buliwyf that in his own greatness executed next to perfected strategy during waves and lead CandyStore aka SodaMachine to one of the best warring kds on the server. With the help of ppl like RealFatBoy, Grytfot and Ferg. Maybe my memory fails me, but i dont even remember Boli much. From what i know RFB, Ferg and Grytfot was the sidekicks of Buliwyf that ultimately was the dictating hand of CS/SM. Personal attachement to players can give a biased pov from many in here. What i am trying to say here is that i dont know exactly how core players can be praised above its leaders and council members pulling out an extremely good work in thier prime time. I dont want to underestimate typical core players that runs like a perfect clockwork age after age thou. Just saying... :)
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Needs to get out more
    I guess I could refocus the aim of The Virtual Kingdom.

Objective: load kingdom with as much leadership talent as possible.

Goal: to lose every war by auto-WD because kingdom argues through entire age.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information