Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside Hits into War

Outside Hits into War

Recently was in a war that involved outside hits (razing) into the kingdom we were warring (quite obvious who if you browse the forums at all).

I'd like to suggest some kind of adjusted mechanic to dissuade this. I realize we can't just make kingdoms unable to hit into warring kingdoms due to abuse potential.

What about something like honor loss, severe reduction in gains beyond what exists, massive +% to troop loss on those hitting into the kingdom, or remove the 15 acre minimum for razing. For the last one (suggestion from kdmate) offenders would still be able to hit into wars but not mass create new accounts and kill off chained sub 200 acre provinces.

It doesn't make sense to allow outside bullying or bad blood to spill into wars between legitimately warring groups.

Happy to hear arguments for/against, or other ideas others may have on this.

Regular
    Just remove land-razing and make building-razing the default (with no minimum). Deleting land isn't fun.

Post Fiend
    How about:
    Disable the ability to hit into a war which is not your own for the first 7 days since a prov was created?

I see no problem with the ability to hit into wars. I believe there is a problem with new prov spamming for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyOverdosed View Post
    How about:
    Disable the ability to hit into a war which is not your own for the first 7 days since a prov was created?

I see no problem with the ability to hit into wars. I believe there is a problem with new prov spamming for that purpose.
    Not a bad idea.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyOverdosed View Post
    How about:

This is a good suggestion.

I also liked the one about razing only buildings like how raze functions inside war.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'll keep my comments brief to avoid showing my cards, but in general I don't have a problem with the current system.

Post Demon
    or remove the 15 acre minimum for razing. For the last one (suggestion from kdmate)
    My idea. It's just retarded you basically use outside provinces to kill off chained provinces like that. IMO there should be only 2 options of prov killing:

1. Peasant kill.
    2. Make use of the conquest minimum 2 acre-gains.

Another thing I would like to see is provinces killed in war only respawn AFTER the war is done. It's retarded that a 15K NW prov on 70 acres can just let himself die off through PK, then restart as a faery/human, ToG for 72 hours and fund a dragon...

Post Demon
    Btw, congrats Palem to you 17,000th post :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    Btw, congrats Palem to you 17,000th post :D
    lol right. congrats.
    #magi

Palem I'm honestly curious as to your acceptance of current state of razing into others wars. Do you feel the mechanic is sound and it is just through abuse that it has become an issue? I ask due to the nature of the war. I honestly would have expected you on side with this one.

because the mechanic is sound. This game involves 230+ outside of the two warring. You have to be diplomatic in this game in all aspects. Razes are a good reminder to mind your play.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by revivemorrison View Post
    Palem I'm honestly curious as to your acceptance of current state of razing into others wars. Do you feel the mechanic is sound and it is just through abuse that it has become an issue? I ask due to the nature of the war. I honestly would have expected you on side with this one.
    Because all those times I was telling Elit he needed to work on his diplo to avoid all of the fallout from his decisions, I wasn't just trying to up my post count.

Diplo is important. If you make enemies and they feel they need to use their time razing into your wars, that's their right to do so. It's unfortunate that our particular razers are just griefing and aren't willing to diplo at all, but c'est la vie. There's no need to overhaul mechanics that have some built-in repercussions because a couple people got mad.

Post Demon
    It's unfortunate that our particular razers are just griefing and aren't willing to diplo at all, but c'est la vie.
    But that was exactly what you did to FREE aswell...

These razes only lead to anger. Games should be fun. Less anger = more fun.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    But that was exactly what you did to FREE aswell...
    If that were true wouldn't I still be razing FREE?
    I did diplo, we agreed on terms, I resumed playing.

Diplomacy is part of the game, allowing and encouraging diplomacy between players is a lot fun, but when there are mad players hell bent on griefing and refuse diplomacy, having game mechanics that prevent the spread of abuse is still a necessity.

What's stopping a person who was razed oow, from being so upset at being razed, that he or she now goes and create a bunch of random prov and raze into random wars just out of spite to vent his/her frustrations, and thus creating a snowball of a toxic environment for every utopians? You only need one crazy fellow to start it, and spread it to a handful of upset players to kill this game.

Thread Information