Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ferguson,mo riots, looting and arson

Sorry, but there's really no defending the violent protesters' actions. And Attero is right, this was SOLELY a race issue. I've read up extensively on this issue and that guy would have died regardless of his race or the cop's race. The ONLY reason this made the news was because it was a white killing a black. Remember all the rioting when O.J. was acquitted? Me either.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm afraid the point has also escaped you Zante

For what it's worth, white people riot as well. Usually for incredibly stupid reasons, like sporting events.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    Palem im just stating that they are prone to violence and no one speaks up about it.
    ^This right here, this is what people are protesting/rioting about.

You can call me what you will but actions speak louder than words. Let them come molotov cocktail your car or house and you will be singing a whole different tune. If its profiling you are talking about then no one is to blame but themselves. Like I said before I had a rl view of N.O and when you watch people robbing boost mobile or radio shack in waiste high water and shooting at police only to cry racism or brutality when not rescued what else do you think. Honestly I just feel sometimes esp in america that white people get blamed for everything and it gets old. I choose to hold people accountable for their actions. You can blame the media and the "reverand" for this..
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

All im saying is that yes you have the right to protest and voice your opinion but you do not have the right to destroy other people belongings or property. I waited for 2 1/2 days before really commenting on this. Also i see nothing wrong with the peaceful protest across the country. The keyword being peaceful.
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I'm afraid the point has also escaped you Zante
    Nothing has escaped me. The point is that blacks are the most vulnerable race to violence, and to demonstrate their point, protesters are burning down a city. What exactly are they accomplishing? Raising awareness for one of the most widely known facts of society? But like I said, that guy would have died regardless of his race or the officer's race because of his actions. So his situation cannot and should not be used to further the argument that blacks are prone to violence. If you threaten an officer then reach for his weapon, you subject yourself to deadly force regardless of your race. So people can protest against this violence all they want, but to use Michael Brown's case as fuel for the fire is just wrong and only proves that people are simply looking for an excuse to hate. And fighting hatred with hatred doesn't work.
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 27-11-2014 at 01:10.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Since when are blacks the most vulnerable 'race' to violence?
    PEW PEW PEW!

Forum Fanatic
    People wearing masks to hide their identity,robbing ,looting and burning people out,killing .

Am i talking about the radical protesters in Ferguson,Isis or the Klan ?

Wheres the actual difference ? Idiots have no set race ,color or religion.Extremist take opportunity to destroy for any reason.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Whether or not an injustice has been done, the people of Ferguson don't feel like they're being protected by the people who have sworn to protect them. That's a sadder state of affairs.
    Well when the police walks around in military fatigues wearing automatic rifles and driving around in military vehicles painted blue/black, which is actually makes it appear more aggressive than the standard military camo(which is there to serve a different purpose) it's easy to understand why they're feeling that way.
    You can also understand why they don't feel that the police represent them if the news feeds are correct that there are 2 coloured police officers in a city where the majority of the population are colored.

There is simply no justification for the police force driving around in MRAPs, they might as well be driving around in M1 Abram tanks except of course that the tank treads damages roads. Unless you're living in a police state of course where the stated goal of the police obviously isn't to protect and serve the public.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Palem im just stating that they are prone to violence and no one speaks up about it. I live close to New Orleans so when you see it first hand it changes your thought process.
    That is infinitely more connected to social status and income than it is to your "race" or skin color.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You can call me what you will but actions speak louder than words. Let them come molotov cocktail your car or house and you will be singing a whole different tune. If its profiling you are talking about then no one is to blame but themselves. Like I said before I had a rl view of N.O and when you watch people robbing boost mobile or radio shack in waiste high water and shooting at police only to cry racism or brutality when not rescued what else do you think. Honestly I just feel sometimes esp in america that white people get blamed for everything and it gets old. I choose to hold people accountable for their actions. You can blame the media and the "reverand" for this..
    So you're calling black people everyone violent looters because you saw black people looting and being violent?
    Does that mean you're a thief because the white people at Enron stole a bunch of money?

It's not about blaming white people. It's about acknowledging the fact that racism is a real thing that's still affecting African Americans in a significant fashion. Your attitude of black people being a shining example.

Forum Fanatic
    hah. why is it no surprise that Zantetsuken is a bloody-minded racist?

why does society tolerate that horse****, and get nervous when someone calls out what those people are? we'd be saved a lot of difficulty in life if we stopped protecting the feelings of people who want to uphold an inherently unfair and wrong system.
    Last edited by noobium; 27-11-2014 at 05:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Nothing has escaped me. The point is that blacks are the most vulnerable race to violence.
    It's exactly this sort of ignorance that fuels the fire of racism.
    It would appear that the last two centuries have indeed escaped you.
    Tovarishch
    Пусть ярость благородная Вскипает как волна.

#Settlers

Racism is ok as long as you include all races in your hate, it's when you single out one race that people tend to notice. Get with the time people it's all about equal opportunity racism these days :-p
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Violence and racism are deeply ingrained in American culture. Americans will usually try to be apathetic and ignore problems until they grow into something serious. When it becomes impossible to ignore they ask "why has this thing not been blown up yet". When dealing with outside threats we update our nuclear launch process and double check to make sure we still have the most advanced of the weird biotech. For lesser threats we have aircraft carriers and predator drones. Of course white Americans put up with paying taxes for armored vehicles that patrol other people's neighborhoods. And for poor black Americans it makes sense to burn a car nearby. The gas tank in a car is the explosive that is accessible. White police officers are also very much Americans. Respectfully trying to understand the other person's problems goes against our cultural norm. A young black man trying to remain free in his own neighborhood could try to educate officers. But there is a powerful weapon carried by that officer and it is within reach. American police officers really do have a reason to be afraid. Oppressing Americans is very dangerous.

Thread Information