Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Avian still have -10% gains?

Veteran

Does Avian still have -10% gains?

I've felt all age that my gains have been strangely low on a regular basis, and this time round I actually bothered to do the math on what my gains were. Target no GS, no GB protection, within NW range (both province and KD). Calculated 12% base gains for land -> 90% of this value was exactly what I got, as though Avian -10% gains was still present from 2 ages ago. Obviously I need a bigger sample size to test the theory, though. Could anyone else weigh in?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I've found my gains to be ok, although the last time I didn't play a TM or a faettacker was a long time ago so maybe I'm just out of touch lol

Needs to get out more
    I just want to know if people are enjoying their avians.
    How's it going skymuscle?
    Gimme the poop on your stylin' & profilin' birdman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Other than missing my faery, yea it's fun (although creates some serious burnout keeping army in/out, I'm not too fond of that)

Post Demon
    Faery circle FTW!

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    Faery circle FTW!
    Faery is OP!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    How's it going skymuscle?
    Gimme the poop on your stylin' & profilin' birdman.
    Yeah I am - I need to run 25% barracks, but when I get my 8-hour attack time in war, it fits my schedule perfectly.

Post Demon
    Faery is OP!
    Faery is hilariously OP this age.

Post Fiend
    In running an avian core kd with 4 undead that are doing tons of randoming, it hasn't seemed like gains are 10% lower than they should be, even in war. To be fair though, we haven't really tracked it and we've been on the bad side of krng for most of the age. Maybe one of the warring tier kds with avians in their core can chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    Faery is hilariously OP this age.
    no, its not really. But sure, lets whine about faery and nerf it into oblivion again.....
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

A friend of mine is playing Avian/Warrior. He loves it. 8-hour attack times with 5 gens and 15% GS. Completely not worth it to focus him in our current war. He rose from Lord to Count in 48 hours and we're all waiting for him to get pounded lol. And the fact that Fanaticism stacks with Warrior OME bonus, he can run 110-120 opa easily.

EDIT: Just asked him about gains. He says they seem slightly lower than expected, but he hasn't tested them.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Perhaps that portion of the code wasn't removed like it should have been from that age?

I've noticed gains being lower, but I attributed it to being in a Top5 kingdom and hitting kingdoms less than half my size (which it probably is)
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    Perhaps that portion of the code wasn't removed like it should have been from that age?

I've noticed gains being lower, but I attributed it to being in a Top5 kingdom and hitting kingdoms less than half my size (which it probably is)
    Avian curb appeal?

~ these avians extend their pinky feather when they drink tiny wine ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

i normally get +25-30% gains with the tactical bird

Quote Originally Posted by Gidoza View Post
    I've felt all age that my gains have been strangely low on a regular basis, and this time round I actually bothered to do the math on what my gains were. Target no GS, no GB protection, within NW range (both province and KD). Calculated 12% base gains for land -> 90% of this value was exactly what I got, as though Avian -10% gains was still present from 2 ages ago. Obviously I need a bigger sample size to test the theory, though. Could anyone else weigh in?
    What are the KD networths?
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information