Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Need more resonsebility from the top.. (Player base debate)

Forum Fanatic
    what is this poop, trashtalking over a silly war?

a factor in this is the way the game encourages automatic ghettoficiation with 20 prov kingdoms and kingdom slotting, but that is a very small fraction of the issue. having less active provinces is just too much of a liability. reducing the amount of micromanagement needed to play the game efficiently could be of help, but some of those things require changing fundamental mechanics.

if the top and higher warring kingdoms didn't collude so much, it would help too. needs to be more hate in the game, too much love and sucking up.

Needs to get out more
    It's a bitter sweet symphony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    what is this poop, trashtalking over a silly war?

if the top and higher warring kingdoms didn't collude so much, it would help too. needs to be more hate in the game, too much love and sucking up.
    Fully agree...you wave a kingdom, guess what happen next....It is not war...it is their big brothers will come look for you. You dont give in, get waved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Ghettos don't random top kds.
    They do. Alot of experienced players chill out in ghettos and they do random top kds
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Enthusiast
    Dunno about other KDs, but my KD has received 0 unwanted hits from top-KDs this age (unless you count Shinra as a top-KD).

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaExpert View Post
    Dunno about other KDs, but my KD has received 0 unwanted hits from top-KDs this age (unless you count Shinra as a top-KD).
    Proxy ;-)
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Oh I was wrong, we were hit by Anri.

I have to agree with Palem here that the game actually has been watered down a lot to protect new players and you have to wonder whether watering it down more would make the game more enjoyable, or worse.

What you have to keep in mind that bullies will ALWAYS find ways to bully others and that people that are out to intentionally ruin the fun of others will do so as well. They will continue to do so, no matter how much you change the rules, as they will just figure out new ways to do what they do best.

In the mid-tier, receiving tons of learns can be a bit of a downer. However, never has the game rules ever given you this money tools to fight it or to reduce the effect of it. For instance, learn attacks now trigger GBP so it is very unlikely that you'll be hit with a learn attack more than twice in 24 hrs. Just 10%-15% Schools protect a huge chunk of your science, keeping at least attackers that are diligent enough to grab a Survey to stay out. And at least, Undead have -75% offense losses instead of No offense losses ;)

What Palem is trying to say is that instead of wanting to change every aspect of the game to suit you, to use your mind and find counter strategies. For being fed on with learns, there are plenty:

- Run schools; just make sure to remove them once you are out of war. You can opt to always run schools when your KD is not ready for war.
    - Hop back and forth in Fortified; this feels rather lame but since ghetto KD's are far more likely to get hit than to hit themselves, it is a good option
    - Reduce troop losses: Troop losses are imho the worst part of feed learns. Consider playing Cleric or Elf next time or incorporate more Hospitals in your strat
    - Fight back; but if you do fight back, do it properly and show in an efficient way they have nothing to gain by continuing. Attacking T/M's (taking lot of resources to rebuild) or having a few Amnesia cannons as Strat would call it (I prefer the term Rage Sage) will make the more reasonable KD looking for cheap shots reconsider. Fools Gold is amazing vs. the real top KD's but they are not likely to give UF to you (whoever does will most likely be kicked ;) ). This can backfire against less reasonable monarch who will order raze kills against you but you have to realize that you can always come back and building up is not THAT hard.
    - Run next to no science; a few of my KD mates are so sick of constantly being learned that they just simply run very little science. Especially pop science inflates your NW/a and PPA, indicators you are stacked on science so stay away from that one. It is personally not my favorite option but it does work and in the mid-tier range, it will not handicap you as much as you think.
    - Keep troops out at all time; this is harder nowadays with a smaller server and harder if you are a small KD with less safe targets but a reasonable option, especially if you play something with low losses.
    - Grow out of people's range: You may get fed on for land by the real top but at least you get hammer the mean land drop KD's back ;)

I am still not fond of the whole OOW raze crap, but looking back at it, back in the days far worse things happened. In the days of instant declarations, it was very common to get declared on by two KD's 115% your size, both working together and doing coordinated attacks to maximize the complete farm out and an alarming number of OOW bounces that could only be two things: multi's or someone triggered his/her ICQ list. Yet, the game thrived with over 100k+ players ;)

It is not even situations like Palem's OOW razing that I really worry about, as Squee is right that these situations can be prevented by diplomacy. I was more worried about team of players that will abuse the strat not to grieve but mainly to troll, like for instance that Incinerators KD that was first baiting wars by having one of their players defect into ghetto's and giving buttons away and later on was razing into wars just because they could. Now, eventually the server got pissed off enough to action them, but if all their players are scattered in random KD's, that will be harder :)
    My post is more right than yours because I am prettier than you.
    ♥ Katje

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    I think if they made success in the game more land centric you would have less kingdoms attempting to farm ghettos which would be better for the majority. Removing the war win and honor charts may help
    You do this and you have about 250 players left. Expect a mass exodus of everyone because the game has just died.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Remove Fort stance, GBP, intra-kd war destroying honor, and nw-based gains, and the forums and in-game mail. Now that's a game.

EDIT: And bring back Elves casting on kd members.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Thread Information