Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need more resonsebility from the top.. (Player base debate)

Post Fiend
    @UtopiaExpert: Maybe you are right, I haven't been doing this for very long since my last break and never lead before. But to me it seems like group 3 is really a myth, they are either part of group 2 or 4 but I suppose my experience ATM has a short sample size.

In terms of GBP, I guess on Trad Marchs it works well. It doesn't work well on learns.. it basically doesn't fire at all frankly.
    Last edited by mordon44; 20-12-2014 at 18:45.

IS the thing Just a thing made up me, becourse I am such a sucky king and I cant get my **** in the same spot, and Boho to that(wird having sponced players to jerks and some other kingdoms).

Or Is there something about this ? IF so can we focus on a solution - is there any at all?

The out side war effect of GBP interesting - I have to give it that.. IF it works I am not sure.. but will it just not change the system and come a new kind of waving out of that ? and if so, is that bad?

But IS the game Primacy focus The top end, and the ones that KNOW well how to play the system or the middel or the rest that got no clue and build 30% GS and Forts on a feary like I did se this week.

For me to look its getting ever more Pro the top and thouse that can handle the fiteling with the rules, and thats cool - I just feel that the rest get left out, or to some degree - Feed on, for the sake of personal (kingdom) gain(as started in the OP).

This game got a lot of potential, But it needs some flavor, I once had these things (like killing a generel, or dragon burning farms at random base and so on) - but all of these are long gone - Plz bring em back, and something new flavor!!

The biggest reword to the once a day logging system was that it reworded once a day logger - vs now where the more active you are, the better. Or like my freind - ONCE a day - AS the ENTIRE day online! this is his fix!

And I feel if this problem is not solved on a short them it will one of the reasons with uto will go lower then it can uphold the system - The metta is allready hurtting alot of ever incresing numbers of kingdoms.

To sum it up

1 Am I just a ****ty player, and get my **** one spot and focus it?
    2 IS the game PRO elitism?
    3 What can we do as players? I train new peaple ? with the risk of getting feed on, HYPER aggressive kingdoms - So some kind or reword had been nice.(I know all are to some degree, since the player base is tiny these days and forced to it).
    4 Can the meta be fixed ? (I agree with the diffent kinds of kingdom types, a bit powerfraced - but with a degree of truth in them.

Post Fiend
    IN response to the OP's most recent post.

Utopia does have a problem in general right now in that new players get **** on so hard at first that most of them quit right away, I think most of us can agree on that.

Utopia is suppose to be a really thought provoking and hard game. If you are suppose to be able to get beat up if you get out played.

Its a harsh game in that in most video games you don't lose your progress if you don't do well, you just fail to advance. IN utopia you literally can lose your ass.

So the issue to me is, should we reduce how harsh this game is somewhat (and also reduce some of the benefits to hyper aggressiveness/activity) to encourage new players to give it more of a chance?

Should we remove some of the benefits of hyper activity so that more casual players have incentive to play?

@ 4k Players the answer to me is clearly yes.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The game is pro-"play well".

There are two responses to getting your ass handed to you

1. Complain that the game is too mean and demand that things be nicer
    2. Learn to play better and start handing people their asses.

I say this from the bottom of my heart, I'd rather have the game die than turn into some fluffy piece of crap game that has no consequences for failure. It's supposed to be a hard, challenging game that cuts you deep when you fail terribly.

Enthusiast
    But to me it seems like group 3 is really a myth, they are either part of group 2 or 4 but I suppose my experience ATM has a short sample size.
    They exist, and I could give you a whole list of those KDs (Plaidovia, Starcraft, Stronghold, Spartans, Monumental Revolution, Firestorm etc.)

IS the thing Just a thing made up me, becourse I am such a sucky king and I cant get my **** in the same spot, and Boho to that(wird having sponced players to jerks and some other kingdoms).
    I think it's partially your own fault, but not something you can easily remedy. Maintaining good relations with other KDs is a day-job, as you have to react and respond each time to each situation. It also takes a lot of diplomatic skills, whereby giving the receiver of message a feeling they're speaking with an interested party/real individual rather than receiving short standard messages like "stay out please".

Should we remove some of the benefits of hyper activity so that more casual players have incentive to play?
    Yes. These past 2 ages I've had to remove/or seen removed quite a few of former friends from the KD, simply because they could not keep up with the demands of utopia. It would be great to have a way to integrate more casual players into competitive play.

Post Fiend
    Palem's response explains why the mechanics are the way they are..stubborn folks who want things to stay the same so they can have THEIR fun while thousands of other players leave.. obviously too selfish in regards to the game to think about it properly, which the response proves.

The game is already a fluffy POS because of how many KDs land drop all day. If they didn't land drop all day, bad players would be out of range of them. But Bad players can't stay out of range of the Bushleague tier because THE BUSHLEAGUE TIER LAND DROPS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

So you don't want to make this game fluffy, yet you give artificial WW bonuses so that the War Spammers can better compete against those that properly pump in between. Oh your in the tier that spams war over and over again.. i wonder why you like those fluffy bonuses that make the game easier for you.

Basically, Palem just wants it to be the fluffy BS bastardization of Utopia that her prefers, and he has put on the blinders to the fact that the majority of past and current players disagree with him.

Sorry Palem, but im saying it out loud. YOU HAVE NO CLOTHES.
    Last edited by mordon44; 20-12-2014 at 20:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The game is pro-"play well".

There are two responses to getting your ass handed to you

1. Complain that the game is too mean and demand that things be nicer
    2. Learn to play better and start handing people their asses.

I say this from the bottom of my heart, I'd rather have the game die than turn into some fluffy piece of crap game that has no consequences for failure. It's supposed to be a hard, challenging game that cuts you deep when you fail terribly.
    Well As I can join some well known kingdoms any secound I want to - if they have room, I hardly fit into this "claim and wow atityde your speaking of! There is alot of them yes, but most dont even reach the forums(or I just se them mostly).

Well, make the Game hard, or keep it hard, BUT in the very begining and at the optimal size of uto, there where things to reword peaple who did more then once a login a day (as 9/12 hours NOT logged on). - Make the game where there is flavor AND you care for the noobs, the trying and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by mordon44 View Post
    Text

BUSHLEAGUE = Bull****leage ?
    TEXT
    Sorry Palem, but im saying it out loud. YOU HAVE NO CLOTHE.
    Im sorry ? you have no... Clue ??

Veteran
    To be honest, it's an exercise in futility; whatever changes you hint at or suggest require too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    Im sorry ? you have no... Clue ??
    CLOTHES

Post Fiend
    Clearly I am worst typist + speller all time.

Post Fiend
    I call it the Bush League because the players in it think they are hot **** when in reality they are just OK. They just land drop over and over to avoid having to do real pumps, advocate for things like WW bonuses so they don't have to do real pumps, and stay at a size where they can fight other bushleague KDs or, Ideally, Other KDs who have picked up a few WWs and didn't know that everyone in their size land dropped to get there.

Frankly, land dropping should be treated like a FW. ( It should result in deletion of of leadership.)

Enthusiast
    Chalsdk you have no room to speak about your so called ghetto being raped... As i recall when yiunwere 25 man kingdom picking on smaller kingdoms all age long hitting into their war...

Veteran
    The reason this game dies has nothing to do with with kingdoms raping ghetto's, bottomfeeding or any other ****ty tactic in the game. It is simply at the end of its lifespan and can no longer attract new player s en mass. The new generation simply does not feel attracted to a text base game. Why play silly old stuff when you can have flashy new stuf. Furthermore, Utopia cannot compete with all the other games out on the internet, social media and smarthphones. It simply failed to anticipate and addapt to how we play games today when the playerbase was still strong. Now there is no longer proper budget to invest in smartphone/social media addaptation and promoting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TerricK View Post
    Chalsdk you have no room to speak about your so called ghetto being raped... As i recall when yiunwere 25 man kingdom picking on smaller kingdoms all age long hitting into their war...
    I got no clue what your talking about and I dont think you know what kingdom I run. Plz tell me what kingdom I run - and when this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TerricK View Post
    I got no clue what your talking about and I dont think you know what kingdom I run. Plz tell me what kingdom I run - and when this war.

Thread Information