Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need more resonsebility from the top.. (Player base debate)

Needs to get out more
    MALEVA:* The way you walked was thorny, through no fault of your own, but as the rain enters the soil, the river enters the sea, so tears run to a predestined end. Your suffering is over. Now you will find peace.

Even a man who is pure in heart
    And says his prayers by night
    May become a troll when the troll bane blooms
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-12-2014 at 15:24.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    So Palem if it's so easy for a smaller KD to fight back when being bullied, why did your KD leader threaten to emoquit the game, followed by you abandoning province to go make a prov in another KD when you were bullied by a bigger KD just a few weeks ago?

Seems like your own KD couldn't hack it, maybe you should set an example before being your usual pretentious yes clueless-about-the-game self.
    I'm confused how anything I've done doesn't set an example of what I'm saying. The FREE incident wasn't a matter of bullying, but even assuming it was for the sake of argument, I fought them until we came to an agreement.

I don't lead Friends with Benefits so suggesting it's "my" kingdom is just inaccurate, but for what it's worth we're doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaExpert View Post
    1. Stop listening to Palem's advice. He's not good at this game, for christ sake he plays in a KD who's sole aim it is to pile honor upon their Monarch to win a solo-province crown. I don't know what happened in their last war, but somehow a KD fighting them being 10K bigger in land and also in NW, surrendered --> can someone explain this to me? Kinda funny he says those LD-kingdoms are beatable while his kingdom got utterly destroyed by them. And yes, during one of those wars some of his teammates did keep army home longer than necesary and as a result were taken out of the war. In fact, any KD worth it's salt has armies ready when chain target's armies come home and try to catch him in that 1-2 minute window.
    First of all, I have no doubt that I'm a much better player than you are. The fact that you think we lost the war against Trees does all but prove that point. I would explain why Trees surrendered, but you've been acting like a **** to me, so you can get that explained elsewhere.

Second of all, having the top honor province doesn't mean you've devoted your age into pumping honor into him. The fact that you think it does is laughable. The fact that you think I'm dumb enough to devote an age to stacking honor on one province when he could get razekilled and lose it all in the next day is extra laughable.

Third, you're 3rd point was just echoing what I said. Stop crying, man up, and hand them their asses. You're arguing with me because you don't like me, not because you disagree with what I'm saying.

Enthusiast
    That moment when you said chalskd was butthurt about top-KDs feeding on him, while he explicitly said top-KDs are decent and it was about the KDs just under that.
    You did say chalskd was butthurt about being hit about top-KDs, just told him he's wrong as it weren't the top-KDs. Why do claim I said something you didn't say, while you definitely replied to something chalskd didn't say. Therefore, what I said is correct.

I also admitted my mistake in the same post you are quoting so .. whats the rest about? :)
    That's good, but it undermines your first sentence of this post. If you apologized for having said something to point out chalskd was wrong about something (which he didn't actually say), it means you did say what I said you said.

You did say chalskd was butthurt about being hit about top-KDs, just told him he's wrong as it weren't the top-KDs. Why do claim I said something you didn't say, while you definitely replied to something chalskd didn't say. Therefore, what I said is correct.

That's good, but it undermines your first sentence of this post. If you apologized for having said something to point out chalskd was wrong about something (which he didn't actually say), it means you did say what I said you said.
    You really need to improve your language skills if you get that out of my initial post in this thread. As I already pointed out I didnt mention anything you said. Back to school bro.

Enthusiast
    if you were smart which i know is asking too much of many of you already. you would see that some of the top like cr, fake abs kd, pyro are the problem. to have them police the rest of the server would be insane.
    how many times cr, fake abs or pyro hit into your kd to whore some acres when you are 1/4 or less their size and have an active hostile moving towards war. how many times they bash your t/m just for a lousy 50 acres. If you were smart you would return the favor. now pyro and fake abs dragging this out cancel your cf and swoop in for those easy acres push them to war or take their land and science.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    if you were smart which i know is asking too much of many of you already. you would see that some of the top like cr, fake abs kd, pyro are the problem. to have them police the rest of the server would be insane.
    how many times cr, fake abs or pyro hit into your kd to whore some acres when you are 1/4 or less their size and have an active hostile moving towards war. how many times they bash your t/m just for a lousy 50 acres. If you were smart you would return the favor. now pyro and fake abs dragging this out cancel your cf and swoop in for those easy acres push them to war or take their land and science.
    But thats not true, the top is hardly a issue for the majority of the server and they withhold some kind of standard in the top. While the rest holds quite some anonymity.. Also just curious, why call it "fake abs"? :o

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I'm confused how anything I've done doesn't set an example of what I'm saying. The FREE incident wasn't a matter of bullying, but even assuming it was for the sake of argument, I fought them until we came to an agreement.

I don't lead Friends with Benefits so suggesting it's "my" kingdom is just inaccurate, but for what it's worth we're doing just fine.
    You don't understand why your KD leader threatening to quit the game, and you deciding to make a new province, is in no way reflective of a smaller KDs ability to fight back against a KD bullying you?

Maybe I'm missing something but 'abandon your province, random into a new KD, and raze them from there so that KD potentially gets ****ed over too' isn't exactly a valid solution for any KD that wants to fight back.

Try again.

Post Demon
    Anyway, pretty much everyone in this thread seems to get it.

The *real* top KDs have never been unreasonable to interact with, their main concern seems to be that you don't get generosity from them while farming out to one of their competitors, which is more than reasonable.

It's all of the rank 10-40 KDs that *think* they're top KDs that deserve to be respected/feared that are more than willing to harass people because they can all age.

--

But why does anyone expect the real top KDs to do anything about that. Spending a week screwing around with the egomaniacs in that tier almost never works out in the top KDs favor.

Just take your lumps, and get back at the bullies later. Don't worry about getting back at them right now. Find them early next age. Find them after a war loss, at anywhere outside the top 10 you can pretty much double your entire KD in a week and be ready to fight someone coming off a loss.

In the end, this is a war game, and you're only entitled to hold the acres, science, and honor that you are capable of defending.

You don't understand why your KD leader threatening to quit the game, and you deciding to make a new province, is in no way reflective of a smaller KDs ability to fight back against a KD bullying you?

Maybe I'm missing something but 'abandon your province, random into a new KD, and raze them from there so that KD potentially gets ****ed over too' isn't exactly a valid solution for any KD that wants to fight back.

Try again.
    Obviously it is, since in his new kingdom he would be the only target. Since the enemy kd would know its just Palem thats the bad blood. HE did damage control pretty effectively. But you missing the point, that situation was all external based not ingame based. So its not a proper example.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Try again.
    No, I don't. FREE wasn't bullying us. I don't see any parallel at all. We just beat kingdom that was bigger and had more provinces than us in a war, am I allowed to point to that as smaller kingdoms defending themselves?

While we're on the make-believe subject of FREE bullying us, how did they "win" in that situation over myself? Our monarch didn't quit, I rejoined FwB and we seem to be doing much better this age than FREE is, so in what way does that whole situation suggest that FREE's bullying somehow destroyed FwB?

People are really coming out of the woods today lol

Smile Response til multible posts - Ever the optimist

This post have gona QUITE far from my hope and wish.. but firstly let me reply to some stuf.

If my observational skills are lacking, yours are nonexistent.
    Your Skills is lacking - But there is nothing suprising in this - You, my Good man - Are Frozen in tradition, and very biased. But at least your talkative and are doing a fair job of "policing" the forums, at least what I have seen, but I am mostly in the Ideas part, and your not - however your arguments are pritty bad, as others allready pointed out.

Kicking out good players isn't a good way to build your kingdom. You don't need to be hyperactive to be successful if you understand the mechanics well enough.
    As allready pointed out - your WRONG! If your are in the top, its simply needed if they dont have the activity. I am not in the top by any means, and I had kicked peaple out becourse of lacking activity. How this can even be debated is beyound me. Dont realy need to be in war, a once a day logger (like every morning) - will mostly be a free rider.
    /This can not be countered! Noob but HYPER active hitting wrong will do better, then perfectly hit once a day! Also the noob learns his **** and improve! (most of the time)

Typical bad player argument. Game's fault you're not successful.
    THIS is a wird argument.. I NEVER claimed anything alike that. Did you even read my post of just assumed ****? You my Good Man - shoud read it once more! And I did only commet the WAY the game works and wanted to hear peaples view if it can be fixed and their thougts, as well as a bit others stuf.

AND on this topic - YOU are Killing the game - in ALL your own right! You claim I am whining! BUT I say, I get into problems becourse I accept new peaple(randoms) and try to make em better and get into wird **** becourse of this, AND--- AND!!! I accept this!!! Even more the top kingdoms and more of the gettoes accept to loose 4 acres from this war becourse of some wird ****. BUT I get the FEEL that I shoud just kill em off, and be over with it, and invite some solid Gold over! That is the very ESSENS of the problem is it not!!!???

Blah blah blah, I'm entitled to my opinion regardless of what color my name is. I said I would rather have the game die before it's turned into a kindergarten version of Utopia where everyone gets gold stars and rainbow stickers for showing up. I've done more to help this game than you'll ever do.
    Yes plz dont go FULL retard/PLZ read the post first BEFORE you comment! Pick one

Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    chalsdk and mordon44 = the same person?
    Becourse I spell just as good as him.. And God Forbid someone might borderline agree with me.. Uhh uhh..
    /Stop Trolling! You shoud be banned/24 hours.

1. Stop listening to Palem's advice.....TEXT
    Well - Anyone that writes and does not troll shoud be heard! Even thougt its bad. They might have a good point.. (he did not this time!)

2. Everything has to do with communication. As I said before, give the person you're dealing with a feeling as if they're engaging with a real person, be nice and gentle, and don't give them a standard "STFO" reply --> this will only work counterproductive.
    Yes - but I dont know about you, but its very very rarely I se this things - mostly I se some standard - Like "Plz accept the nap"/"you got some wild people there"/"Whats going on ?" or I got a very impressive some msg from time to time.

And ofc, this hyper agressive msg. "You are gona accept our hits, and our intel, and send a nap, and sometime we will accept the NAP once we feel you have learned the lessen, IF you hit back we will Raze you off!"

3. I think better KDs should at times show a bit more mercy on weaker ones. My kingdom only punishes when it feels really wronged....
    YES! OR even better give them a few hints!

In short, a lot of what chalskd/Mordon say is true, .
    Thx

Many mechanics simply can't be found on wiki. Perhaps you can respond to my post in the strategy section if you happen to know Squee?
    Wiki is not realy a good way of doing it. The old guide is Much better for new peaple, why I have a link for it. ITs WAY WAY outdated, but usefull and ALOT more userfrendly. Wiki is not a bad tool, but the game is quite complex, I tried to make my own guide - Ended up quite MASSIVE, so not sure it can be done. /Gona be a HUGE guide, even for Wiki?s standards

Not this post, start of the topic. That moment when you said chalskd was butthurt about top-KDs feeding on him, while he explicitly said top-KDs are decent and it was about the KDs just under that.

Doubt he read my post at all. I once Played with Korp in my kingdom (Both as players) and he hated my with a firery passion, still does by the looks of it.

--->> THIS BEING SAID - Can we plz stop the attackers on Utoexpert and alike. There will come nothing productive out of this! THIS IS NOT A WOW FORUM!!

I even POWERFRAZED my OP post - so let me do it once more.

1 Am I just a ****ty player, and get my **** one spot and focus it?
    2 IS the game PRO elitism?
    3 What can we do as players? I train new people ? with the risk of getting feed on, HYPER aggressive kingdoms - So some kind or reword had been nice.(I know all are to some degree, since the player base is tiny these days and forced to it).
    4 Can the meta be fixed ? (I agree with the diffent kinds of kingdom types, a bit powerfraced - but with a degree of truth in them.
    5 NEW WILL a diffent kind of record list fix anything - like Most runes Burned/age

End note - The top kingdom is runing their thing, And why shoud they care - Well if the Ever Razing off of gettoes goes on, the Game will be DEAD, but then its to late. But by the time they care, its ALL WAY to late.

As stated before, the game is loosing 10-20% of the playerbase/age.
    THATS why they NEED to care.
    Last edited by chalsdk; 21-12-2014 at 17:33. Reason: Spelling errors - Plenty of them

Doubt he read my post at all. I once Played with Korp in my kingdom (Both as players) and he hated my with a firery passion, still does by the looks of it.
    I didnt hate you, i just dislike you for your poor argumentations skills and bad utopia skills. At leas you improved one of those at least :)

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Obviously it is, since in his new kingdom he would be the only target. Since the enemy kd would know its just Palem thats the bad blood. HE did damage control pretty effectively. But you missing the point, that situation was all external based not ingame based. So its not a proper example.
    So, leaving your KD for a new KD is a valid defense against bullying?

What am I missing here, I really don't understand what I'm missing.

Forum Fanatic
    1) Yes.
    2) No. The game mechanics are not pro elitism.
    3) You can train players. I'm not sure what you're looking for. A reward for training players? Isn't that just training them?
    4) You're not making a point here.
    5) No.

As far as this whole 'top kds razing off ghettos' thing, it doesn't really happen. Maybe you're referring to ghettos razing ghettos? That happens.

Post Demon
    No, I don't. FREE wasn't bullying us. I don't see any parallel at all. We just beat kingdom that was bigger and had more provinces than us in a war, am I allowed to point to that as smaller kingdoms defending themselves?

While we're on the make-believe subject of FREE bullying us, how did they "win" in that situation over myself? Our monarch didn't quit, I rejoined FwB and we seem to be doing much better this age than FREE is, so in what way does that whole situation suggest that FREE's bullying somehow destroyed FwB?

People are really coming out of the woods today lol
    The point is that your monarch threatened to quit and threw a hissy fit.

And yes FREE was bullying you, if I remember and I paraphrase "We're bigger than you with more provinces, CF us or get bullied"

I didn't suggest that FwB got destroyed, I suggested that you talking about fighting back is hilarious given context from earlier this age.

Thread Information