Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oopsing: need a ruling

Veteran

Oopsing: need a ruling

It has become appearant you can trigger the oops message simply by interacting with a province. As it ofcourse cant be illegal to aid/spy/op/attack a province, but the oops message can be triggered by it, it can be usable in war by just mass aiding a province to force a fog like effect during an opposing wave. However, its illegal to abuse bugs to your benefit, but surely you cant really ban aiding or spying on provinces. We are about to start a war and there is talk within the kd of trying to mess up the opposing waves with mass aid. Ofcourse, the regular soldier bouncing is part of it. So is it legal to aid provinces during waves with this bug around? Is there a limit to how much aid can be send to 1 province? How about hiding who you aid with 1 gc aid to the rest of the kd when you aid more to 1 province but can also trigger the bug? Need a ruling on this please.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I wouldn't do it unless you're ok with getting deleting.

Veteran
    Well, which part? Soldier bouncing has always been legal and hiding your aid aswell, no? Could it be made clear exactly how often you can still legally aid without getting deleted for aslong as this bug is around? (And please fix it asap, I usually play from my phone which is already slow without the bug)
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

Anything to try and cause the game to bug is ban-able. So I wouldn't recommend it.

Sending soldiers is done in larger packs, that wouldn't be illegal.
    And sending aid to hide a package would mean you send to x different provinces, which wont cause the bug. Sending 1 prov 100x 1 bushel isn't trying to hide aid, that's just trying to cause bugs.

Postaholic
    also i suggest you done send 5 gens !

Veteran
    Another question about known bugs: part of our strat would be to nm-run which will be horrible with the oopses. To counter the oopsing we could just hit the button with nightmares a bazillion times before the next page loads. But if I understand correctly, that triggers another bug in the newspaper and I believe some provinces were deleted because of it when doing it with attacks. Would it be legal to press the button for ops enough to dump all mana on 1 province as the paperbug would be visible only to the target or do we have to suffer through the delay a nm run would cause with the oops bug?
    -Nox-

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^ View Post
    also i suggest you done send 5 gens !
    Or 7...
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's very simple hoi. Are you trying to play legit or are you trying purposely trying to cause the oops bug to gain an advantage from using it? If it's the second one, the answer is no, don't do it.

Playing the game and causing the oops bug isn't against the rules. Doing it on purpose just to cause the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Another question about known bugs: part of our strat would be to nm-run which will be horrible with the oopses. To counter the oopsing we could just hit the button with nightmares a bazillion times before the next page loads. But if I understand correctly, that triggers another bug in the newspaper and I believe some provinces were deleted because of it when doing it with attacks. Would it be legal to press the button for ops enough to dump all mana on 1 province as the paperbug would be visible only to the target or do we have to suffer through the delay a nm run would cause with the oops bug?
    That bug is only related to spamming attacks, which created another news entry but no actual losses.

Personally I spam the button when ToGing, not to try to create a bug, I'm just too lazy to wait for the page load.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    How about that paper bug that'll be caused when trying to prevent the oops bug by spamming nightmares? If I understand correctly, it doesnt really have a negative effect for the opposing province and itd prevent another bug.

Edit: Elldalan, you ninja
    Last edited by Uhm hoi; 06-01-2015 at 15:58.
    -Nox-

community asked for a fix on this for a few ages now, instead we get race changes and other changes we dont really need before all flaws within the game is fixed. Such problem like this should be a prio #1 to fix. I think 9/10 people would agree, but still the game admins rather throw some numbers around and further destroy the game by bad game mechanics. Also, id say if something gets reported, any kind of abuse or something that could be bannable or cause for deletion it likely would not be checked upon before the age is over. GG again...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Would you like the game shut down 3 months while they figure out what's wrong and fix it? If they knew what was wrong they'd fix it. Take what you can get.

I wouldn't like that palem, but I'd take 0 changes this age and instead have them focus on resolving the issue at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

I just need to clarify something.....

Someone actually felt the need to ask if it was cool to exploit a limitation of the database by overloading the server with queries so that things would give error messages..... and thought the staff would be cool with it?

really?

did the guy who ran the intel bots on KD pages and getting his account deleted not clue you into the idea that the dev's don't like things that query the database too much?

really?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    These measures are taking the game out of context anyways. Game quality at the active casual level is high. I'm not saying guys pushing the limits shouldn't be disappointed, just that the game is admirably playable if you enjoy province ace bias over wave dynamics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information