Thread: PKing a Monarch

PKing a Monarch

If you kill the monarch, do you win the war? I seem to have read somewhere on the forums that this is the case but I can't find that thread anywhere.

I am not particularly keen to adopt this as a standard tactic, but we are in a war with a kingdom full of guys who seem to have gone on holiday until age end. Being +4500 acres and keen to end the war ASAP I remembered this so I thought I would ask around.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ...no. That's never been a thing lol

If you've been warring for 7 days and you get them to 50% of your nw, you auto-win. That's the only auto-win feature.

Fair enough, I did wonder if I had misread something.

Oh well - we won't be able to take them down to sub-50% NW of us before age end.

Needs to get out more
    Chess style. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    There seems to be an idea in the really lower tier tha attacking a monarch helps win wars. It worked only once for me this age, but that might've been a coincidence.

??remember when monarch had +10% bonus and no steward, wasn't that a thing. back with older rules killing monarch had its place in the game. now with a steward it doesn't really matter.
    The monarch is who chooses if and when to withdraw from the war so beating up on his/her province "could" influence a monarch into giving up.

The only benefit to beating down a Monarch like that I see is if He/She is a fairly new Monarch and feels the pressure to jump out of war in fear of being destroyed. A good Monarch however if in that situation will stick with the war if He/She believe "The Kingdom" can win the war. It's always possible that someone can die =D

Enthusiast
    During 2 wars this age I intentionally opened up myself as a monarch to invite hits against KD who tried to pull off that trick. For instance vs FWB I suicided on a dragon at 2K acres. At that point I was perhaps 30% populated, had only 2 tpa left and about 20 opa. I got hit down to 600, my tpa was up and running for offensive ops and I could do better hits on peeps in range again. A real monarch sacrifices himself before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaExpert View Post
    A real monarch sacrifices himself before anyone else.
    A real monarch plans out the conflict so no sacrafices have to be made by anyone :P
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    A real monarch plans out the conflict so no sacrafices have to be made by anyone :P

Yup! No sacrifices had to be made, but part of my plan usually included the possibility of my being chained, since I got chained almost every war. I'll just say that attentiveness to one's province when chained makes a HUGE difference and can really burn up a pile of an opponent's energy while the rest of the kingdom does well because of it.

being in the pit is the best feeling , knowing your province news page will be filled up everytime you log on ..loll and having to battle back

Enthusiast
    As a monarch who has been pked in many ghetto wars it does notbing but poss thenrest of the kingdom off to fight harder... Ive beem.in wars that were relatively even for a few weeks with tje enemy slightly ahead in acres and networth the whole time.. eventually they thought killing me off or trying to would pressure me into withdrawling from the war... 400 hits later on my province they decide tonwithdrawl adter losong alot focusing all tbeir energy trying to pk our small guys

Thread Information