Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Godly vs Elit

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Yeah the reasoning behind it is simple. I don't think it applies to a kingdom from 15 years ago when that location isn't legally possible anymore.

Hey let's try to illustrate it with something bold:

I once played in (1000000:1000000). Let's see if KorpBot or PalemBot picks up on this one.

Come on Korp... you can do it. I believe in you. Resist the urge to report it. This is the ultimate test on whether or not Korp is a bot. Can he feel like humans? Or is that string parsed as a violation and thus must be destroyed?
    But that isn't a loc any nub knows that utopia never had more than two digits and the we have Godly... Its easier to have a blanket rule rather against all local rather than have a mod check each post for potential rule break.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem, must suck to have a job that you can't make a judgement call -- like maybe the locs of a kingdom from 15 years ago aren't relevant anymore considering they're not legally obtainable anymore. No threat (0.00%) of someone walking in here and thinking that would be a good target.
    I don't call things I don't get paid for "jobs".

It's a simple rule (no locs, ever, for any reason at all) that exists for a very good reason.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

It's a simple rule (no locs, ever, for any reason at all) that exists for a very good reason.
    Lol@very good reason

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I would consider target sharing to be a very good reason, yes.

What is the difference between these strings:

(10000000:10000000)
    (5000:5000)
    (200:200)
    (50:50)
    and the one I posted?

Answer: They are different numbers encompassing a colon.

What's the same? Other than the X & the Y portion being identical, none of those kingdoms are actual kingdoms. You cannot accidentally hurt a kingdom for posting a "loc" that is legally impossible in the game. I totally understand posting a loc from 3 rounds ago that is STILL a legally active kingdom in utopia because someone could come in and see it and think it's a good/funny idea to hit that kingdom.

Since that above is 100% factual, your rule seems to be outdated to me at least...

Now queue up the KorpBot with the stock response "but... it's the rule... cannot... comprehend... rule... break...) before he just starts spinning in a circle and fumes come out of his body.

If the argument is that "it's easier to just have a blanket rule that the string (number:number) is not allowed on this forum no matter how ridiculous it is" then OK... I'm not in charge. But I mean you guys have to understand how silly it is, right?

(I'm obviously super bored btw)
    Last edited by Godly; 18-05-2015 at 15:58.

Godly thinks this is silly but at the same argues with lines like "Ive written books about Utopia.."

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    What is the difference between these strings:

(10000000:10000000)
    (5000:5000)
    (200:200)
    (50:50)
    and the one I posted?

Answer: They are different numbers encompassing a colon.

What's the same? Other than the X & the Y portion being identical, none of those kingdoms are actual kingdoms. You cannot accidentally hurt a kingdom for posting a "loc" that is legally impossible in the game. I totally understand posting a loc from 3 rounds ago that is STILL a legally active kingdom in utopia because someone could come in and see it and think it's a good/funny idea to hit that kingdom.

Since that above is 100% factual, your rule seems to be outdated to me at least...

Now queue up the KorpBot with the stock response "but... it's the rule... cannot... comprehend... rule... break...) before he just starts spinning in a circle and fumes come out of his body.

If the argument is that "it's easier to just have a blanket rule that the string (number:number) is not allowed on this forum no matter how ridiculous it is" then OK... I'm not in charge. But I mean you guys have to understand how silly it is, right?

(I'm obviously super bored btw)
    If one kingdom can't post their loc from 15 ages ago, then no one can.

Needs to get out more
    It's very simple. We may not have discovered time travel in the real world, but it's not out of the question in Utopia. Players from the past could see the future and change the world as we know it.

See TOS Star Trek - The Alternative Factor. It might explain the winking out phenomena of the forum beginning of age.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-05-2015 at 17:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Stratocastle, your post has been reported for being too funny.

I just realized strat0 edited his post in order to display his loc from 8 years ago via "timestamp." Nice edit you sneaky bastard.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I don't know why you are doing it for free. I mean do you really enjoy to read all our post day after day :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Utopia's Mayweather vs Manny?!?

Who will win?
    Godly, after the fair play alliance hands him the province crown.

Who will end up larger?
    First Godly, then Elit after dealbreaking Godly when he found out he couldnt beat him fair and square, then Godly again after the fair play alliance razed Elit

Who will ragequit first?
    Elit, after the fair play alliance stepped in

Who will call in allies to hit his 'friend' first?
    Godly, after Elit dealbroke him and can't beat him on his own anymore.

Who will intra who?
    Godly will intra spy on Elit. Elit got the excuse he was praying for, claims dealbreak, trains up big time and intra hits Godly, claiming Godly started it all. Godly cries to his friends and gets half the server to raze an otherwise unstoppable Elit while godly intra hits for the extra acres to get him the crown.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Needs to get out more
    I'm not sure how ghetto these two are ghettoing. I think they'll enjoy the freedom to flex without bumping greasy muscles in the top. If more top players would experiment with this type of vacation I think they'd stem the burnout to negligible.

Down here you can bang heads with other province managers without the pesky meter getting in the way.

@ Ball of Heroes. Just knowing this could change the course of time. My inbox just reloaded PMs from the misty past as if, these were the zenith points where history has changed. All par for the course.....in the StratO Zone.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-05-2015 at 21:36.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    I don't know why you are doing it for free. I mean do you really enjoy to read all our post day after day :P

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm not sure how ghetto these two are ghettoing. I think they'll enjoy the freedom to flex without bumping greasy muscles in the top. If more top players would experiment with this type of vacation I think they'd stem the burnout to negligible.

Down here you can bang heads with other province managers without the pesky meter getting in the way.

@ Ball of Heroes. Just knowing this could change the course of time. My inbox just reloaded PMs from the misty past as if, these were the zenith points where history has changed. All par for the course.....in the StratO Zone.
    Sometimes I wonder just how crazy you are, other times I wonder how many garlic breads there are.

As for the ghettoing. Those two aren't legit ghettoing you know they have a group around them and are going to be/are big. Probably trying just as hard as if they were core in a crowning kd.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information