Thread: Fix the in game mailing system.

Fix the in game mailing system.

The fact that you can't read the mail you just sent to someone without removing the new mail flag on it is terrible, and it seems many still don't know this, and i'm getting tired of mentioning it :P Any chance that this might get fixed at all, if yes, then why hasn't it been done, if no, why not >_<
    #CanWe-public @utonet

Veteran
    This is a little silly.

Forum Fanatic
    Why do you need to read again what you just sent ? Even my memory isn't that short to forget that fast

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Why do you need to read again what you just sent ? Even my memory isn't that short to forget that fast
    You never ever gone back and read a mail that you sent? Or in your world everyone reads your mail right of the moment you send it? Regardless, its a stupid thing that happends and should be fixed.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I like the reading sent messages "feature" myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You never ever gone back and read a mail that you sent? Or in your world everyone reads your mail right of the moment you send it? Regardless, its a stupid thing that happends and should be fixed.
    I agree with korp here.
    #magi

Forum Fanatic
    actually i keep my own copies

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    I hate when I write a freaking book IGM or for the forum and the tick comes right when I hit send. The whole thing is lost

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    I hate when I write a freaking book IGM or for the forum and the tick comes right when I hit send. The whole thing is lost
    If you use Firefox, get the Lazarus add-on. It will fix that.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Also, if you use chrome, the page is saved, so if it happens you can just wait until the tick is over and then hit the "go back" button and it will all be back. I forgot about this post, this should still be fixed :P.
    #CanWe-public @utonet

So i'm going to bump this again, because it's annoying the crap out of me to have to repeatedly check my mail to look for new mail just in case someone can't suppress the temptation to read their own sent mails before i get a chance to see a new mail flag. Some people seem to do it by instinct for some dumb reason, it can't really be THAT big of a fix can it?
    #CanWe-public @utonet

Post Fiend
    Seconded. Thirdonded or whatever.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Engman View Post
    So i'm going to bump this again, because it's annoying the crap out of me to have to repeatedly check my mail to look for new mail just in case someone can't suppress the temptation to read their own sent mails before i get a chance to see a new mail flag. Some people seem to do it by instinct for some dumb reason, it can't really be THAT big of a fix can it?
    I also support this.
    Seagulls forever

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    I have had that happen a lot in the past, so now I CTRL+A, CTRL+X, CTRL+V before I send anything to make certain it's backed up "just in case". It's developed into a reflexive action so I don't need to think about it, and it works for everything, from utopia to anything else big I want to save. =P

That way, if it goes bork, just CTRL+V and the message is right back there again. =3

(CTRL+A = select all, X = cut, V = paste. This removes the text temporarily and that way you know it "took", sometimes CTRL+C, or copy, doesn't actually store it in the buffer because it didn't count the text as selected. X, or cut, you know for a fact when it removes the text that it worked. V pastes it right back again so you're certain it works before you try to send it)

It's just a handy backup to have just in case, and it's saved me hours of effort so far from not having to rewrite stuff that died. =P

Thread Information