Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Can Suck

Veteran

Life Can Suck

After a good chat with a Recruit to help fill some of my holes, here is what happens.

February 5 of YR0 Our kingdom is strengthened by a new province, who's leader arrives at the invitation of our monarch.
    February 5 of YR0 Staying in the darkest shadows, Birdteq slips out of Real Wolfgang unnoticed, never to be seen again.

I want my free invite back.

Veteran
    gl getting your holes filled.

Usually it costs more then an invite to fill holes...
    War is what happens when language fails.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gidoza View Post
    February 5 of YR0 Staying in the darkest shadows, Birdteq slips out of Real Wolfgang unnoticed, never to be seen again.

Birdteq fly in any weather.

Enthusiast
    After a good chat with a Recruit to help fill some of my holes, here is what happens.

February 5 of YR0 Our kingdom is strengthened by a new province, who's leader arrives at the invitation of our monarch.

Could be worse. I bought an invite, invited someone to take over one of our 2 sage provinces with 3 war wins worth of science + however much of the age accumulated.

Guy turned out to be a complete douche and then to cap off his king-douche-ness he refused to abandon prov and would log in every 4-5 days to prevent it from auto-abandoning. Made us raze the province.

So I paid for a guy to take over a prov and all I got was 2 weeks of grief and the full loss of the province.

You can add the ability to revoke invites during some sort of probation period onto the long wishlist of utopia enhancements that won't ever come.

there are many trolls nowadays..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post
    Could be worse. I bought an invite, invited someone to take over one of our 2 sage provinces with 3 war wins worth of science + however much of the age accumulated.

Guy turned out to be a complete douche and then to cap off his king-douche-ness he refused to abandon prov and would log in every 4-5 days to prevent it from auto-abandoning. Made us raze the province.

So I paid for a guy to take over a prov and all I got was 2 weeks of grief and the full loss of the province.

You can add the ability to revoke invites during some sort of probation period onto the long wishlist of utopia enhancements that won't ever come.

:/ Glad to know it isn't only me. Thanks, Cry0.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Gotta be careful who you give those invites to, but sometimes even the most reliable interviewing will still let a dud in :(

Forum Fanatic
    welcome to ghettotopia my friend. :(

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    welcome to ghettotopia my friend. :(
    Two fantastic randoms and five fantastic recruits joined so far (since last couple weeks of last age, filling all the people who need to work on family/employment/life). Only one bad egg out of the bunch. I'd say very good overall and not ghettotopian - the people who asked us to war got scared away when we waved them OOP. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Gotta be careful who you give those invites to, but sometimes even the most reliable interviewing will still let a dud in :(
    yeah you can cut out 90% of them but or if you play it safe even 99% of them, but likely you'll eventually if you play long enough, end up with at least one bad egg.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I got in palems kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    I got in palems kingdom
    I didn't :(
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thumbs up

he was too big for your holes
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I didn't :(
    And I waited to let you join. - it is interesting though; I have a 3 where my 7 use to be. I need the Dewey Decimal system to find my spells. Bizarro World attacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information