Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Restart the age

Quote Originally Posted by Heady View Post
    Remove khronnoschotty from Utopia
    lolz <3
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 13-05-2015 at 17:23.
    #magi

Palem, you have the power to read the forums of other kds. And you try to play at a high level.
    The same ideas get tossed around all the time but cause they are from no one important they get tossed aside

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddemon View Post
    Palem, you have the power to read the forums of other kds. And you try to play at a high level.
    The same ideas get tossed around all the time but cause they are from no one important they get tossed aside
    Palem has no ingame power at all. He is a moderator for these forums you see here, there aint no secret hideouts.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You said two things here and neither are correct.

I intentionally run a kingdom of Faeries and try to do our best against middle of the pack kingdoms. That is by no definition playing at a high level lol

Forum Fanatic
    was it because of a bug that this happened or was it intended changes?
    if the latter, were the changes in the list of changes?

The Jerks.

The age won't be restarted because they really don't care that some people had a negative user experience. One person quits, one person joins, 50 people are unhappy for a week then forget about it, some complain on the forum and end up banned for dissenting against the authority (probably me and this post). At the end of the day, this incident will cost them nothing to their bottom line. Customer service at its finest.

I will say though that we make plans in a strategy game based on what we perceive to be the framework of the game-- we enter a contract: these are the rules, the bonuses, the penalties: GO. See who can do the best!

So, I will say that coming from a player like myself that fine tunes and optimizes EVERYTHING in protection down to the gc, it is a huge blow for something to not be working. For example, I personally picked a setup that would leave me with about 600k gc ready to receive soldier aid have a massive OOP which would snowball into the kingdom being in a dominant position (reverse banking). The aid didn't happen, the gold was robbed (couldn't even send it away), and it was pretty much 24 hrs of constantly clicking on the aid page while someone in Ireland was either afk, asleep or didn't care enough to fix it for over a day. Days of planning thrown in the dumpster on a coding error.

I hope this will shed some light into people who are saying "we all had the same playing field" argument. It is a terrible argument because people pick different strategies and some are less affected than others.

Now, I work in the gaming industry and I fully understand that there will be bugs. However, when we fix bugs, we fix the problem and reward users for their inconvenience. At the very least the game should have been paused when the incident was reported. It surely would have been paused if something like.. oh I dont know.. attacks weren't working adn explorers could run amok.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Godly; 13-05-2015 at 20:51.

Amen godly. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    The age won't be restarted because they really don't care that some people had a negative user experience. One person quits, one person joins, 50 people are unhappy for a week then forget about it, some complain on the forum and end up banned for dissenting against the authority (probably me and this post). At the end of the day, this incident will cost them nothing to their bottom line. Customer service at its finest.

I will say though that we make plans in a strategy game based on what we perceive to be the framework of the game-- we enter a contract: these are the rules, the bonuses, the penalties: GO. See who can do the best!

So, I will say that coming from a player like myself that fine tunes and optimizes EVERYTHING in protection down to the gc, it is a huge blow for something to not be working. For example, I personally picked a setup that would leave me with about 600k gc ready to receive soldier aid have a massive OOP which would snowball into the kingdom being in a dominant position (reverse banking). The aid didn't happen, the gold was robbed (couldn't even send it away), and it was pretty much 24 hrs of constantly clicking on the aid page while someone in Ireland was either afk, asleep or didn't care enough to fix it for over a day. Days of planning thrown in the dumpster on a coding error.

I hope this will shed some light into people who are saying "we all had the same playing field" argument. It is a terrible argument because people pick different strategies and some are less affected than others.

Now, I work in the gaming industry and I fully understand that there will be bugs. However, when we fix bugs, we fix the problem and reward users for their inconvenience. At the very least the game should have been paused when the incident was reported. It surely would have been paused if something like.. oh I dont know.. attacks weren't working adn explorers could run amok.

Hope this helps!
    Finally some one with some common sense!

Amen godly. Well said.
    Agreed!
    #magi

Forum Addict
    Don't forget ad hominem!

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Don't forget ad hominem!
    don't forget the bad m&ms

Regular
    Saying 'ad hominem' so often means youre a feggit

Enthusiast
    not a fan of restarting . however have to say we did have some nubs who picked a race and personality they were not going to keep just to start and discuss strat in game and than they seemed to have issues getting the changes info in the forum which was down for a number of days i think. Now have started with an unintentional race/personality for their prov 1 decided to pay to change 1 rage quit and 2 other will probably leave the game

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    not a fan of restarting . however have to say we did have some nubs who picked a race and personality they were not going to keep just to start and discuss strat in game and than they seemed to have issues getting the changes info in the forum which was down for a number of days i think. Now have started with an unintentional race/personality for their prov 1 decided to pay to change 1 rage quit and 2 other will probably leave the game
    The changes were also posted in the blog on the Utopia home page. Forums aren't the only location for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Needs to get out more
    It's a littley not a biggie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Finally some one with some common sense!

Agreed!
    My age 65 Goal start give results already ;)
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information