Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Restart the age

The age won't be restarted because they really don't care that some people had a negative user experience. One person quits, one person joins, 50 people are unhappy for a week then forget about it, some complain on the forum and end up banned for dissenting against the authority (probably me and this post). At the end of the day, this incident will cost them nothing to their bottom line. Customer service at its finest.

I will say though that we make plans in a strategy game based on what we perceive to be the framework of the game-- we enter a contract: these are the rules, the bonuses, the penalties: GO. See who can do the best!

So, I will say that coming from a player like myself that fine tunes and optimizes EVERYTHING in protection down to the gc, it is a huge blow for something to not be working. For example, I personally picked a setup that would leave me with about 600k gc ready to receive soldier aid have a massive OOP which would snowball into the kingdom being in a dominant position (reverse banking). The aid didn't happen, the gold was robbed (couldn't even send it away), and it was pretty much 24 hrs of constantly clicking on the aid page while someone in Ireland was either afk, asleep or didn't care enough to fix it for over a day. Days of planning thrown in the dumpster on a coding error.

I hope this will shed some light into people who are saying "we all had the same playing field" argument. It is a terrible argument because people pick different strategies and some are less affected than others.

Now, I work in the gaming industry and I fully understand that there will be bugs. However, when we fix bugs, we fix the problem and reward users for their inconvenience. At the very least the game should have been paused when the incident was reported. It surely would have been paused if something like.. oh I dont know.. attacks weren't working adn explorers could run amok.

Hope this helps!
    Lifes not fair, roll with the punches. A good strategist can adapt his strategy, maybe you shouldnt be so rigid. Start using fancy words and i'll shut up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    Lifes not fair, roll with the punches. A good strategist can adapt his strategy, maybe you shouldnt be so rigid. Start using fancy words and i'll shut up ...
    ...... ZZZzzz -_-
    #magi

I like to post
    We all know life is not fair and UTO is much worse when come to fairness... Still what say Godly is correct. This is strategy game good KDs/Players put strategy when they pick his race/kd setup. Any bug can affect them deep and kill all plans. Sure its "same" for all but its not really same because different KDs different goals/plans oop. Not all is hard affected from this age bug oop.

About advice him to adapt. I can tell you he is adapting and you don't need to worry for Godly. He wont fail this easy :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    We all know life is not fair and UTO is much worse when come to fairness... Still what say Godly is correct. This is strategy game good KDs/Players put strategy when they pick his race/kd setup. Any bug can affect them deep and kill all plans. Sure its "same" for all but its not really same because different KDs different goals/plans oop. Not all is hard affected from this age bug oop.

About advice him to adapt. I can tell you he is adapting and you don't need to worry for Godly. He wont fail this easy :P
    ^ <3
    #magi

This is strategy game
    Its also a fantasy game. Using your immagination to see how aid could be disabled for a day isnt too hard. Perhaps freak storms across the Utopian world would prevent aid caravans from leaving for a day or 2? People often get hung up on the numbers and forget that we're sending bird men to kill skeletons

Its also a fantasy game. Using your immagination to see how aid could be disabled for a day isnt too hard. Perhaps freak storms across the Utopian world would prevent aid caravans from leaving for a day or 2? People often get hung up on the numbers and forget that we're sending bird men to kill skeletons
    That position is extremely abusable.
    #magi

Na I send out:

#AvianWarHero #WheelChairJimmy
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

I like to post
    Its also a fantasy game.Using your immagination
    Yes it is. I imagine every day hit munk but he is hide so hard!
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

I'm fairly confident that people in your position have a very basic understanding of life... highlighted by quips of things that you perhaps read in a fortune cookie.

Life is perhaps not fair to some, but a competitive game or sport should almost always be. For example, a blown call in basketball is dissected in depth the following day on ESPN, the league issues an apology, refs get a talking to. Why? Because life "might not be fair" but in competition, it's paramount to at least ATTEMPT to be fair.

That said, I have of course adapted, and I'm a top prov already. Would you expect anything otherwise? My personal province is not the concern. The concern is that the developers take such a huge portion of the "strategic" component so lightly. I illustrated to you: let's say that attacks weren't working. Would they pause the game then? Would they fix it before 24 hrs? I hope so! To me, aiding is just as key strategically.

To argue AGAINST me on this point, you have to come up with something a bit more dazzling than "shucks.. life ain't fair." To me, it sounds like you want to argue just because you don't like it when people complain and not because you have a valid counterpoint. Again, very basic view of life. "Someone shot me. Well, shucks... life ain't fair." "This soup has a hair in it... well, shucks.. life ain't fair."
    Last edited by Godly; 14-05-2015 at 13:40.

come on now, theres 2 sides to every coin .... ;-)

Aid wasn't working for my KD, it wasn't working for your kd either. Sounds pretty fair to me? You'll say that aiding is more integral to you as your kd is based around that in your strategy as you guys are pro and plan everything to the utmost degree. Yes? Well then that means your competitors are also likely to use similar tactics and use aiding to an equally high degree. Your in the same boat. To have a component of the game not working for a short period isnt ideal, but do you really agree with the OP and think the age should be restarted because of it? This brings me on to your analogy - when a poor call is made in a sport I've never seen a rematch called. Theres shouting and crying but it goes on.

let's say that attacks weren't working. Would they pause the game then? Would they fix it before 24 hrs? I hope so!
    I doubt they would pause the game, and im sure they'd fix it whenever possible

To me, it sounds like you want to argue just because you don't like it when people complain
    I have no issue with people complaining, in fact, its great to complain sometimes, but to get hot and bothered over this is a little over the top. In actual fact I'd think that someone complaining so much over such an irrelevent issue probably highlights their 'basic understanding of life'

I like to post
    Ricko, if you have spend Many hours in protection to plan your OOP, not for alone prov but for all KD and calc resources and when OOP start and aid button dont work its really piss off People. Why they spend his time to play it PRO?

If you play it at ghetto level where every one is solo his prov its dont matter so much if aid button dont work for 24h. Sure if you are one from them you cant understand why other people is this mad and pissed. OOP / first week can decide all age for competition in land chart. So this is really important.

About age restart. Its clear they wont. WE face much more major problems in past and they never restart so its naive to think they will now.

So im recommend to all Just keep complain and this way you can feel better after share pain with rest :)
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    Outplayerz is top size age in and age out without ever getting pumped. Play smarter not cry harder.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flicksand View Post
    Outplayerz is top size age in and age out without ever getting pumped. Play smarter not cry harder.
    Are you around this age? I feel its good age for solo masters :P
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Are you around this age? I feel its good age for solo masters :P

My large and in charge reputation will proceed me.

Regular
    Very interesting topic.

Thread Information