Thread: Penjing ~ Age 65 Virtual Kingdom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    @ tetley -

Indeed, I had similar thoughts. Some of my interpretations are playeresque since I know of one, for instance, who loves avian warrior. I to liked the idea of avian war hero, but I'd like to hear from a player enjoying the role. - I had to have an avian tac since it is once again viable and hails from my deepest ghetto roots. - My tacs are rovers in that they operate largely outside of kingdom waves. Cleanup and spot checks are the target of the tac. The lone halfling cleric is for those ugly tweeners we all run across in war who have stalled chains, what have you.

I can manage to shift a merchant for a war hero from dwarf to avian.

Again with elf I also agree insofar as sage, but I was convinced the faery is the only truly reliable t/m. My perspective is to use the faery as turtle-breakers (+ 5 crowbar ) so the shallow penetrating but hard hitting elves could pour in behind them. Thus my faery array is thin but arranged to chisel through the toughest opponent the kingdom may encounter. This is also why I went the extra mile with faery in the monarch position. Admittedly I don't know the math on which is most efficient with the additional mana as effects diminish with spell use.
    Edit: I'm still looking at this and admit as a faery sage myself that mana is at a premium.
    Elf still gains some acre efficiency but I may switch the weight to improve faery capabilities. Thank you.

Human cleric was my initial choice since I've played human WH and undead cleric enough to have a good feel. It's a great toe-2-toe attacker. The alternative builds I present in my version of TVK are a nod to top play. There's a couple of potential cows. This is where my use of WH on certain races had to do with establishing the second tier. In paying attention to AMA and recent CR kingdom strats I went for a fuzzy acre/honor digestion system within my limits of understanding. The heavy attacker munch up remaining defenses while the pingpong effect of acres and honor are fed up the line.

In summary I prefer the focal strat like you illustrated. Personally it's the way I'd go. The charm of the strat I illustrated is in player enthusiasm: that is, player desires presented to me or provinces I've seen in the field.

Thank you for your time :-) and welcome back.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 24-05-2015 at 13:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information