Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Godly vs Elit

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    That doesnt say anything about your skills as a player, that does tell about leaderskills though. One thing doesnt make the other one automagically true. Im just saying, you dropping names that you heard are good leaders.
    No, I was naming people who were historically good leaders at the most competitive time of the game and there are certainly others as well. Their success is documented in our rankings pages, in the BF rankings pages, even in old UT news articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    No, I was naming people who were historically good leaders at the most competitive time of the game and there are certainly others as well. Their success is documented in our rankings pages, in the BF rankings pages, even in old UT news articles.
    Seems rather irrelevant when you were commenting about best players.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Let's get a few things clear here.

Unless you're suggesting that Sid, YF, jdorje, flogger, ASF, Dirty', Matti & Chai weren't historically great players then what you're saying is that I'm not allowed to suggest they are because I didn't know and play with them. Talk about irrelevant lol

Sir Postalot
    If there were advanced statistics like real plus minus or adjusted WARP, one could make a case that Godly would be the worst Utopian player in history.

Matty*

Syntico's Crown Count was created to end this whole debate. It's really the only quantifiable, verifiable method without having banked better data throughout the past 18 years.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Let's get a few things clear here.

Unless you're suggesting that Sid, YF, jdorje, flogger, ASF, Dirty', Matti & Chai weren't historically great players then what you're saying is that I'm not allowed to suggest they are because I didn't know and play with them. Talk about irrelevant lol
    Great leaders dont make great players, thats a stupid assumption. None of those that you mention really stick out as great players, great leaders sure but not players.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    None of those that you mention really stick out as great players, great leaders sure but not players.
    Really? jdorje is the reason we have the science system we have. ASF banked so much money he caused an overflow and lost it all, which prompted a coding change (iirc)

Yea, totally unexceptional players though lol

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Matty*
    Are we talking about different people? I'm talking about LinearA's monarch. Always seen it as Matti.
    Last edited by Palem; 17-05-2015 at 19:00.

Really? jdorje is the reason we have the science system we have. ASF banked so much money he caused an overflow and lost it all, which prompted a coding change (iirc)

Yea, totally unexceptional players though lol

Are we talking about different people? I'm talking about LinearA's monarch. Always seen it as Matti.
    And Elit has more acomplishments that either of them and yet you dont think hes worthy.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Where did I say Elit wasn't worthy? Elit's a great player, even with his diplo troubles.

I said that Godly and Elit are not two of the greatest utopians of all time. That's just as valid as saying Michael Jordan and Matthew Dellavedova aren't two of the greatest NBA players of all time.

It saddens me that you think Godly and Elit are two of the best players ever :(

I'll happily give you 2 of the best players currently playing, if only because idk who all is or isn't playing.
    Elit is one of the best players ever, judging from anything we can meassure and thats winning and that last quote indicates, that you think they are now but werent previously.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No, I said Elit and Godly (the pair) aren't two of the greatest players ever. (see previous analogy).

This is coming off as kind of hostile towards towards Godly, so I'll just reaffirm now that I think Godly is a very good player, certainly better than I am, I just don't regard him in the same category as the all time greats of the game.

Why is this thread fake tagged? Should clearly be "Pam vs Korp". :(

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    Why is this thread fake tagged? Should clearly be "Pam vs Korp". :(
    If its fair 1vs1 i dont have any problem with Change topic direction :)

Palem, i don't like to self brag but i agree with Korp. Just for me its more important ppl to knowledge me like good leader from good player.

I don't think you really know much about me but i think in combined chart for success im clear N1 on all times. People you refer can be great leaders during his times but i was success playing Solo in ghetto and win crowns and when i have build KD and lead. Im only leader Build KD in genesis with zero trades and win KD crown when all rest TOP kds was full with trades acc. I have 3 wars against 30-40% bigger KDs end with success. Im sure you remember my b2b win 3 ages ago vs Pew Pew/RBL proving KD with no bank can win vs kd with banks. Have 100% success in all my ages when build Cows. Almost every age compete with Dorje/Sanc and 100% success in result vs him. Include 1-2 wars doing WD and taking his land.

So far most important for me is ppl i have meet during all this years. Its change me in RL too. Using uto diplo in RL can work really well too :)
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Obligatory Lebowski gif:

My opinion man, is that godly would wipe the floor with any of them in today's Utopia. That's micro ofc, those guys were all great leaders, and now we can argue how leadership fits into the equation for "great player"

#NeedMoreRealest
    I find it hillarious that I called it in my post what this would turn into, and pam didn't include it in his quote of me in his reply. But back to Korp and Pam!
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

guys. can we get back on topic.

question is.. who will intra kd who first?!

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Thread Information