Thread: DME bug?

DME bug?

I have done a SOM (100% confidence) after hour changed and attacked a province, sending 3% over included the random factor on his defence and I failed. I redone a new SOM right away (100% confidence) to find out the province Defensive Military Effectiveness increased by 20%. The province hadn't been attacked before my attack, the province did recieve some aid (hadn't sent any out in return -> checked the news after 1 hour), but it would have shown up in the SOM after the hit, if it had been military aid.

Can you please explain to me how this is possible?

Below I include censored screenshot parts of the SOM's (if you need the originals please let me know)

SOM before the attack: prntscr.com/76o3sp
    SOM after my attack: prntscr.com/76o3ut

(addin the 'http' part, as aparently you can't post links if you don't have 10 posts and I'm not in the mood to spam threads in order to be able to do that.)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    1. Oversending by 3% means you could still fail.
    2. It's possible he had forts come in on that tick

So does this mean that the tick can tick in even after 3 minutes of hour change and can change a DME drastically in mintue 4? Cause both SOM's were done after hour change, after the tick should have already ticked. In such case how long does the tick take to update everything as it should be and not show outdated data in intel due to not updating properly?

(the province does seem to have forts now, they increase aprox. 16% DME)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Whoops, misread the first post. I'm not too sure what could have happened there. Even if he got MP cast and your fail gave him a little bit of GBP, still doesn't come close

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    1. Oversending by 3% means you could still fail.
    Why you gotta spread this fib? Random factor is a myth!

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Why you gotta spread this fib? Random factor is a myth!
    This isn't the forum for kidding around. DO not post in here again, thanks.

OP, 3% over isn't enough. I cant see your screenshots but the bounce and spells cast could account for a rise in DME.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

As I see it is again read only 3% over.

sending 3% over included the random factor on his defence
    so that would be 8% over in total.

But that's not the point, the point is DME increased by 20% after the hit as shown in last SOM, so his DME must have significally increased a bit before or at my hit and I'd still very like to know how can you increase 20% DME in about a minute or so after the tick has already ticked unless sth doesn't update proprely.
    The links do still work and the screenshots are visible to me, but if you would like I can send you the uncensored originals via mail.

Regular
    Plague. Reduces DME by 15%. Your target cast NB to cure plague and MP.

Hmm, yes I have checked the saved news, the province did hit an undead before that and this would be the only logical explanation left that could have happened. Didn't occur that to me, as I'm still used that Sages were immune to the plague, not Clerics.
    Last edited by Vafel; 21-05-2015 at 20:39.

Thread Information