Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Undead Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by trolltide View Post
    Human has potential, but huge sustain issues. EoA Human changes pre-nerf were great, but not so much now.

With dwarf, yes to a certain extent.

The tankability with 1 extra defense on the elite is nice to have, but Undeads make up for that with +1 on the offensive side.

I prefer having TW/build space/plague immunity + spreading over a dwarf. I would really like the dwarf for the +30% BE, but would rather go elf than dwarf at that point. If you want the tankability, i say don't half-ass it.

Outside of war, negligible losses on offense is nice to pump sci. More people avoid you due to plague factor.

As far as A/t is concerned, elf rogue is the best choice for a supporting role attacker, but if you wanted a heavy attacker - UD rogue is solid.
    again trying to go higher end off and offensive theives is the issue. You wont last or be useful. you fail to even acknowledge it. So many better option than ud

/me high fives Zauper

I really liked elf rogue for early age fun.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by trolltide View Post
    I prefer having TW/build space/plague immunity + spreading over a dwarf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    ...Want to NS as a high offense attacker? Just play orc, then you get a usable personality. Especially when your argument is 'well, if they chain it then they aren't chaining one of my (more dangerous) provinces' -- because that acknowledges that there are better provinces than yours. Why not just run another one of those instead?

Want to be an effective a/t? You probably should look at a better turtle race -- halfling, human, dwarf, or even elf.

The importance of town watch is often missed. With orc you lose all your military when you get chained. I find that people I play with often fail to handle getting chained. If more of the opposition is tied up chaining my province then they have already lost the war when they are ready to move on to another target. I like to slug it out by myself with 4 or 5 tiny enemies. Often they lose all their thieves as they are chained down, sometimes they even release them. With undead warrior I got stuck with excess offense and could not exploit the vulnerability.

I look for turtles when looking for war targets. Of course there is no need to waste offense attacking the turtles. I am O.K. with letting turtles in the losing enemy kingdom believe that they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    The importance of town watch is often missed. With orc you lose all your military when you get chained. I find that people I play with often fail to handle getting chained. If more of the opposition is tied up chaining my province then they have already lost the war when they are ready to move on to another target. I like to slug it out by myself with 4 or 5 tiny enemies. Often they lose all their thieves as they are chained down, sometimes they even release them. With undead warrior I got stuck with excess offense and could not exploit the vulnerability.

I look for turtles when looking for war targets. Of course there is no need to waste offense attacking the turtles. I am O.K. with letting turtles in the losing enemy kingdom believe that they are great.
    Im sure any "good" kingdom would love for you to look for their turtles and ignore them so they can keep land while they just farm off your poorly ran UD/Rog. Again it works vs bad/ghetto kingdoms. I think we can all admit that, but its not an optimal combo and by far is worse than others listed.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post

Things working vs bad players (for example, kingdoms that are too lazy to MV TW, or intra-fireball to contain overpop, or landlust, or use soldiers to prevent desertions, or or or...) are still not optimal strats. Playing as rogue because chained provs release thieves? Seems weak. Again -- just play orc, and you'll have access to thieves. And still get the warrior 5th general. And have higher gains to force another round of desertions on them. Much more impactful than... trying to PK a chained prov.

Can you play undead/rogue and be fine? Sure. But don't pretend it's optimal.

It's like ignoring turtles. Can it work if the kingdom you're warring is bad? Sure. But it's not an optimal strategy. Safe provs that are resilient to ops win wars.

Needs to get out more
    Thx for the insight Zauper. Safe to say most of us never war kingdoms that employ such tactics nor belong to kingdoms that use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    I guess the idea of a skeleton with a cloak on, hiding in the shadows, theiving and stabbing people in their beds and stuff is kind of cool.

The Jerks.

Thread Information