Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Undead Rogue?

Undead Rogue?

Sorry for this newb question... wondering if the Rogue personality would cancel undead's no advanced thief ops or not??

Thanks!

Undead
    -75% Offensive losses on attacks you make
    Spreads and is Immune to The Plague
    No Food Required

Basic Thievery (Intel operations only)

Spellbook: Town Watch, Animate Dead
    Elite: 7/2, 900 gc, 6.25NW

The Rogue
    +1 Stealth recovery per tick
    + 100% land effect from Thieves Dens
    Access to all thievery operations, including 3 unique to rogues: Greater Arson, Assassinate Wizards and Propaganda
    +75% Thievery Science Effectiveness
    Access to Vermin
    Starts with +400 thieves

It does.

So undead rogue is a viable A/T build?

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Xale View Post

Cool!
    Some people think so, however, I council against it. But if your playing as more or less a solo prov then it might work out alright.
    #magi

Needs to get out more

Cool!
    I figure if you have a choice you're in a kingdom that let's you choose. Have fun. It doesn't make you a great thief, but you get some acre efficiency out of it and an extra survivability tool for undead. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post

Cool!
    its can work if you play in small not organized kingdom when you war with same kind kingdoms. Doing NS/Prop on provinces with low tpa is fun.
    Problem with A/T strat (don't matter race combo) is you need to run like 3-4 TPA min for have any good success ever on bad provinces. Your tpa drop and you need to retrain and when you grow TPA drop so its hard to keep nonstop proper TPA. Another main problem is if you get chained and overpopulated you cant use thieves. Its why playing A/M for solo prov is more stable and good. Need less resources overall and when you are overpopulated you still can use WPA for LL if you have runes.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Fanatic
    undead/rogue is not really usable, the way it would have worked is due to cheap thieves. without that, it's way too easy to control a/t long term with massacre or chains, unless your setup can massacre better.

it's far better to play it like a normal attacker most of the time. trying to play too defensively just shoots your prov in the foot, and you would basically commit to running all your attackers as undead/rogue.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    undead/rogue is not really usable, the way it would have worked is due to cheap thieves. without that, it's way too easy to control a/t long term with massacre or chains, unless your setup can massacre better.

it's far better to play it like a normal attacker most of the time. trying to play too defensively just shoots your prov in the foot, and you would basically commit to running all your attackers as undead/rogue.
    He is new forum member and clear new to game. His question is not about kingdom plays but solo prov. I dont think he is going to play in decent Kd and in ghettoes its offten 5-6 active vs 5-6 actives so no really chain strategy in wars. Its free for all. Every one hit for land. This kind KD undead/rogue can work very well because every ghetto have few farms provs you can rob / op for free honor.
    In any decent organized kingdom its clear bad pick. for make it work you need to run at least 10 undeads/rogues and still its not good.

Xale, if you are new to game pick easy standard setups:
    First you need to know if you want to be attacker or T/M.

For useless but easy self manage prov pick Elf/Merchant or sage. For being KD useful go FA/myst or Rogue.
    For decent and easy play attacker go Dwarf/Merchant or Human/Cleric./WarHero, Both races are good for turtle.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Addict
    Xale,

Pick Undead Rogue.

Because you want to.

It doesn't matter what it has, what it doesn't have, what it might have under this or that circumstances; it has what you want to play with.

Because that's how new players learn to enjoy the game; doing what they want to.

Ignore the rest until you've played a while and feel more comfortable branching out to the endless spew of strategic suggestions the community will have to offer. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    It doesn't matter what it has, what it doesn't have, what it might have under this or that circumstances; it has what you want to play with.

Because that's how new players learn to enjoy the game; doing what they want to.
    ^What he said.

But that being said, if you should ever find yourself in an organized kd that's "trying to compete", you should understand why it's a pretty limiting choice and why others are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    ^What he said.

But that being said, if you should ever find yourself in an organized kd that's "trying to compete", you should understand why it's a pretty limiting choice and why others are better.
    Palem is a faery mystic in a kingdom of faery attackers. No one wants to war his kingdom because it looks "too organized". It is still ranked in the top 40 for networth. Where is this competition kingdoms are trying?

Undead rogue makes far more sense than a feary mystic loaded training grounds and barracks.

An undead warrior who makes 1 unique attack per real day is half as useful as an undead warrior who makes 2 unique attacks per real day. An undead rogue can be just as damaging as an undead warrior in a war if the opponents fail to counter it. If the enemy does counter thievery then they had to use resources to achieve that.

The undead warrior has 13% more offense. If you kill 11.5% of someone's defense it works out the same for you but also sets up every other attacker in your kingdom. Most of the defense will still be gone when you make the next attack. Especially if you also took their money and gave them riots.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    Where is this competition kingdoms are trying?
    They're currently doing their best to get those scaredy-cat kingdoms to war them by also looking disorganized :p

Ud/rogue was viable only for top tier well organized kingdoms but then they lost NM. Now it's pretty much useless and was always useless for randoming in a ghetto. By picking this setup, you are conceding that you have no interesting in winning in utopia and are playing for fun.

Based on the above, this begs an interesting question: why care about a good strat on an inferior race/personality choice?

You're either playing for fun and don't care about winning or you're looking for a competitive setup. Neither of those two goals have been attempted to be accomplished in this thread.

These are the following setups I'd recommend for being competitive in a ghetto:
    Avian Merchant
    Dwarf Merchant
    Human Sage

As far as "fun" setups, I don't know because I've never had fun before :P
    Last edited by Godly; 18-05-2015 at 16:09.

Needs to get out more
    You are now baby!
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Hey. when people tell you play to win, that's cool. But! I'll share that I play for fun but in a competitive spirit. One thing I do is play to challenge idioms: I try to keep my focus on bigger enemies, try to only retaliate attacks and play chivalrously as reason dictates.

Even playing as a nice guy I can manage a province up to striking range of top kingdoms. This is fun because they WILL hit you and then you're within your right to hit back. :-) I also try not to ruin the other guys fun unless it's self defense. Like, I'd never hit a top kingdom in a precarious spot if they were just grabbing acres. If it's vindictive then I play to the lowest level till we have an understanding. Even when I'm chained in the mud, if I have an enemy at my mercy I'll let him up so we can continue.

Playing undead rogue is an independent decision so don't be afraid to use your imagination; It'll help you learn mechanics. You won't have the speed of a tac, the offense of a warrior or the durability of a cleric. Thus, in combat exchanges you can blend some of your thieving skills to augment attacks. You can be Hell on fat provinces. The secret here, in an unorganized kingdom, is to blend your attacks to keep your tpa relevant. You can mix in massacre, raze, learn, plunder with trad march. Just make sure you've got acres coming in at all times. I use relay tapping and zone tactics.

Have fun. Oh, and feel free to be competitive while you're at it.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information