Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone help?

Can someone help?

I am new to utopia RP boards, (but not to whole RP thing, on terms of RP i can say i am quite weathered and not to mention i love reading and writing stuff) I am willing to join in to one of the games out there (seems a good amount of reading is in order :) ) but i dont know if i would be welcome or not if i put my post in one of the games.

I'll be checking this thread for answers on a daily basis, if anyone can show me the way around here I would be very glad.

Thanks in advance...

Haha, well, I'm pretty active in these boards, and I don't see the RP boards being updated all too frequently.
    I'm not too sure though...
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

I see.

Thanks for the warning, thats the fate of RP usually isnt it :)

I suppose.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    we are a small group still very much active here, but unfortunately only one thread that is active, and this week a lot of people have been having trouble finding their time here (me included) for various reasons.

but welcome! :)
    If you want to join a thread, I suggest you peek at Skysail. Geco is GM and if it looks interesting fill our a char sheet and see if he'll accept it :)

i never understood point of these boards :(
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

And I've never understood the point of all the other boards.

Aposai, assuming you have RP experience then you should definitely fit in quite easily. One thing that's different about these boards (besides the small player base and slower post rate) is the quality of the writing and stories. It might not look it at first, but this is the most advanced storytelling group I've come across when it comes to RPing. I looked at some other sites (like the Roleplayer Guild) but the skill here dwarves what you will find there.

Many of us have been here for 5+ years, so we know each other well, and would be happy to have you if you're interested.

I see, so this is a slow paced but well designed storytelling area. Something i like indeed.

I'll start reading the skysail as SoHee advised and fill in my character if i think I can catch up with the story and the quality.

Thanks for the replies.

Veteran
    we like to think we're well designed, anyway. ;)

Welcome to URP, Aposai! Feel free to start a story too if you wish. I advise, though, waiting a little bit just to get the quirks of the board down, as I believe every one of them has its own. I think everyone who writes here has looked at various boards in curiosity but have always come back because of quality. Maybe familiarity, or style... Who knows. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

If it catches your eye, you should fit nicely.

By the way - if we come off harsh at times - remember that we're rather close-knit. We debate. We're rather abrasive feeling to newcomers, I think, because of our closeness. We're used to not picking our words clean of insults and say it like it is. Almost like family. They say you can't pick your family, and I think very similarly of RP. It is what it is.

Most of all: Don't take anything we say personally. ;)

--------

On a side note, a few of us are involved in NaNoWriMo. Unfortunately, I am not able to get in on the action myself, as I am traveling abroad in Asia at the moment with unreliable internet access - or time to do it, frankly.

Thusly, many of us are preoccupied with typing approximately 234 words every free hour for the next 21 days (excluding 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours on working days for jobs, and 3 hours a day on meals and prep. Let's also not forget (but not included in calculation) travel time to and from work/school, getting dressed in the morning, hygiene, and bed-time routines.).

In hours it would be the equivalent of just under 9 full 24 hour days. Lotta work, actually.

Read 90 posts out of 182 of the skysail that makes half finished half to go. :) Surely it will take sometime before i contribute to the story as i am not intending to post anything untill i finish previous posts.

So far i have seen a steam-punk universe brushed up with magic and such fantasy stuff goes down there (or vice versa), and steampunk is just my thing as well as fantasy.

I have almost designed out my character, it was actually designed beforehand for another story but seems fitting to this setting with some minor modifications. A touch in its history there, a touch in its personality as well as abilities and it is good to go; of course with the approval of the GM.

I hope you dont have anything against artificial characters though, since such a character would be quite fitting in to a steampunk story empowered by magic, i wasnt able to resist the temptation, and hell warforged is one of my favorite races (Although i am not intending to use their ugly shapes, a more humanoid appearence is what i am thinking about).

The character would probably be an enigmatic one, holding many secrets to itself and struggling between its humaly desires of life and feelingsand its metallic body.

I will detail it out when i am ready to post anything (meaning that when i finish reading all current posts). The character i am thinking about may change according to the story upfront, especially if i see that it is not fitting in to the story or i came up with a better, more involved design.
    Utopia: a "Mess"ive multiplayer strategy game since Mehul sold it

Now that the purpose of this thread has ended, i think mods could delete this one to free some space in the RP boards.

I wont be offended :)

sure, will just leave it for a bit to make sure everyone has caught up. poke me if i forget

thanks, I'll remind you if you forget.

Veteran
    I like steampunk, honestly. I just don't like where it goes from time to time. ;) I have an idea for a villain, or a friend. Not sure yet. Maybe even for Arlen.

anyway. to the point. Aposai -

I like your character that you posted. I hope Geco agrees. The only thing I'd be wary about is the history you've put in there about humans killing everyone off with constructs the way they did. Might have to go back and edit that after you hear from Geco.

of course i'll adjust the story the way GM wishes no worries :)
    after all mine is but a character not the ruler of that world. Also that history is supposed to be long lost forgotten history, mostly unknown by current generations, maybe elves in seclusion or ancient dwarven loremasters do know a thing or two about it. For orcs it is possibly a myth and as for humans, well they prefer to forget about their sins , so i assume other than some very enthusiastic scholars or seclusive sects nobody possibly knows about it :)

Thread Information