Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost all buildings

Lost all buildings

Had 2/3 built up at 700 acres, got chained and at 215 acres had lost all buildings, no razes. How is that possible?

Total Land: 215 Acres (0% built)
    In Progress: 215 Acres (100%)
    Last edited by ancol; 24-05-2015 at 20:04.

Postaholic
    You don't loose unbuilt acres first. You loose buildings, buildings in progress and empty acres at every attack (if applicable). So the above scenario is very common.

On a side note, that mechanic can have some curious effects on your build. Trying to make small adjustments to your build by overbuilding some building types and skipping others can result in a radically different build when buildings are in after chain.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 24-05-2015 at 20:08.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Needs to get out more
    Overbuilding buildings built building..building..buildings. Ok got it tadpole. Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    You're most welcome StratO ;)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

The question is not why i did not lose unbuilt acres first, but actually why i lost all built acres first instead. And it happened in 1 hr or so as well. Having 2/3 built up, i would have expected to be at 140 built acres and 70 unbuilt acres now, not 215 unbuilt

Forum Fanatic
    because per code you dont lose unbuilt first as Taddy mentioned already

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by ancol View Post
    The question is not why i did not lose unbuilt acres first, but actually why i lost all built acres first instead. And it happened in 1 hr or so as well. Having 2/3 built up, i would have expected to be at 140 built acres and 70 unbuilt acres now, not 215 unbuilt
    You loose built acres at a higher relative rate than buildings in progress. Thats why.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 24-05-2015 at 20:47.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ancol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    because per code you dont lose unbuilt first as Taddy mentioned already
    That doesn't answer the question of the propotionality of it. If you start with 2/3 build acres and 1/3 unbuilt, why do you end up with 100% unbuilt if attacks take from each category equally? Or do they not take land equally from each category and take from built acres first?

Regular
    Yes, you got it correctly. They do not take equally. A lot of things in Utopia do no make much sense. For ecample how do you carry acres to home from a trad march? From another island....

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suur View Post
    Yes, you got it correctly. They do not take equally. A lot of things in Utopia do no make much sense. For ecample how do you carry acres to home from a trad march? From another island....
    It's based on the premise of sending people physically to another island to settle the lands your army captured while the armies return to go elsewhere. Think of the roman empire/british empire etc. :D

Or maybe your wizards in your kd can make the acres magically appear and add on next to your province like with land lust?

Or yeah, your armies actually pack up all the dirt and rocks and carry it back :D Whichever explanation floats your boat.

Regular
    I know you are joking, but the possibility of ambush does not fit into your settlement idea. Also the possibility of anon attack, as like you would not remember anymore where your acres placed so you cannot find them anymore to ambush.

Strategy Moderator
    its really simple y u lose built acres first. So chains hurt more. Way back when people *****ed that semi-chaining/max gaining in war was worthless because all everyone did was leave 15% of their land unbuilt and everyone just traded unbuilt land. They made attacking "stronger" by taking all land "equally".

Regular
    I know you are joking, but the possibility of ambush does not fit into your settlement idea. Also the possibility of anon attack, as like you would not remember anymore where your acres placed so you cannot find them anymore to ambush.
    Hahaha, actually Ambush = you get enough time before the other prov settles in that land to take half back! That part makes sense to me, because when the time is up, that land is settled. Anon is a spell, spells do weird things to people! For myself, I see the lands as being scattered everywhere with multiple different provs controlling different lands everywhere and having enough theives/wizards/peasants/military to allocate to that land.

I'm just troubled by those 1 acre gains :( Keeps me up at night those 25-30 guys on that 1 acre of land.... Maybe you lose those acres first when you get hit eh?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    its really simple y u lose built acres first. So chains hurt more. Way back when people *****ed that semi-chaining/max gaining in war was worthless because all everyone did was leave 15% of their land unbuilt and everyone just traded unbuilt land. They made attacking "stronger" by taking all land "equally".
    In the scenario presented by OP, the land wasn't taken "equally" between the unbuilt and the built.

Strategy Moderator
    land was taken "equally" even in the op, he lost all his built and unbuilt land. My quotation marks though are there to note as equally doesnt mean between all land in progress and not in progress

Thread Information