Thread: offense changing after attack

Regular

Question offense changing after attack

hello. why does offense change from one attack to the next?

just made an attack, inputted troop numbers, was sure it was 5% oversend, hit attack button, was successful. so i hit the back button on my browser, same troop numbers were there so hit attack button again, failed :'(

was curious so hit back button again to see what i sent, noticed the offense calc. at bottom was quite a bit lower than what the first successful attack was, even though it was the exact same number of troops.

other people in my kingdom have noticed the same thing in previous ages. why does this happen? what accounts for the change in offense if the troop numbers are the same?

Did you war spoil the first hit?
    Have a second army land with new land?
    Use multiple generals on first hit, but only one on the second?

Postaholic
    One reason could be that you removed your own GBP with the first hit and consequently lowered your ME. GBP changes take effect on attack, not when the actual acres come in.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Regular
    @lake, didn't use war spoils, all my armies were home for that first attack, used 1 gen both hits

@Tadpole, i suppose it is something like that, then. we are in EOWCF, razing an inactive, and i did get hit late in the war (ended approx. 12 hrs ago).

thanks for the replies.

Enthusiast
    You can check in military advisor how many you sent. Calculate the raw numbers from your first and second attack. Normally you shouldnt have failed if you send +5% on first attack.
    Another posibility is if your target's army was returning between the 2 attacks.

Forum Fanatic
    He mentioned they were razing a inactive. my guess is the inactives ME went up after the first attack

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Forum Addict
    He said that his own war room calculated the same number of troops at a different value. It was a curiosity within his own province.

Forum Fanatic
    Taddy covered why his ME went down, ME changes on both provinces is why he failed the 2nd attack sending the same number

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular

mmhm

i guess i'll clarify.

--got inactive's SOT, attacked with a few more points than 105%. success.
    --hit back button.
    --got new SOT in a different tab, again attacked with a few more points than 105%. fail.
    (i know i said 'exact same troops' but that was to make it easier, and this scenario did happen to another player as well as myself, previously).

i'm guessing because i hit back button instead of refreshing the page, the war room calc didn't show my true ME, and instead was going off of the first attack's ME. didn't know that our ME changes on attacks if we had been attacked recently. but now i know and can tell my guys what happened when it happens to them (happens a few times every age the past few ages).

thanks for the replies and i hope it helps others with the same experience.

Needs to get out more
    The other factors have to do with your enemy being active. They can cast protection spells or receive soldier aid. I'm very careful about these things. Like if we're doing max gains and I notice 4-5 enemies in my range are on I'll dope some 1 thief intel across the field and collect real data in the mix. Then I'll tap out a NW crater to duck into by hitting different targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Since u were in EOWCF. Are you a tactican? If not .. you only got 83% intel and therefore biased. I bet you put in 105% offense based on wrong intel and that could be the reason. If not .. strange since you took a fresh SoT/SoM.

Thread Information