Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resetting province during war

Resetting province during war

Hey,

Quick question.....

We are currently in a war where we chained 3 provinces to 85 acres first 24 hours of the war.
    1 owner deliberately let their province get peasant killed so he/she could reset and a 2nd paid to get it reset.

Is this considered abuse of game mechanics?

They came back much stronger then when we left them (even though 3 days protection).

Honest answer: Depends on what day of the week Bishop is asked.

Official Answer: Even if it were illegal (it's not), how do you prove they deliberately let their prov get PKed?

Also I'm sorry but I dont understand how forcing them into 72 hrs of protection is strengthening their provs. Who wars for more than 48 hrs..? Winner is already 98% determined at that point.
    Last edited by Godly; 26-05-2015 at 17:09.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by goodiegoodie View Post
    Is this considered abuse of game mechanics?
    No.

Thanks for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Honest answer: Depends on what day of the week Bishop is asked.

Official Answer: Even if it were illegal (it's not), how do you prove they deliberately let their prov get PKed?

Also I'm sorry but I dont understand how forcing them into 72 hrs of protection is strengthening their provs. Who wars for more than 48 hrs..? Winner is already 98% determined at that point.
    Banned. Take heed of warnings next time.

Op, no it is not considered abuse since the mechanic chabges.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Banned. Take heed of warnings next time.

Op, no it is not considered abuse since the mechanic chabges.
    Hee Elit! Seems like u failed on Godly.

Postaholic
    lol, just found this thread. The first PK was not intentional, we just had a T/M sitting that province and since he sucks it died from negligence...freshduck was not please about that when he got back haha. Child is literally the worst utopia player ever, god knows why we let him run this war...

The other restart was intentional obviously since we bought the restart (I didn't even know that option existed). It required 24 hours of no hostile action before it could even be used, then 3 days of protection (which he's still not out of yet). It's not really advantageous to have a province go MIA for 4 days, but I suppose that's debatable.

You guys currently have 5 sitters, so if you can do that we can restart a province. We wanted another mystic anyway :D
    Last edited by Swagger; 27-05-2015 at 21:54.

Veteran
    Funny thread

Regular
    I was only in charge because Swagger went inactive. Our kd is full of nubs like him ;)

It seems a bit harsh to have such an option available during war. I can understand it's there in eowcf but not war.

Anyways, we are built for long wars, think several weeks lets see the outcome of this reset in a long war....i think it's a benefit for you guys but we shall see in 2 weeks.

Postaholic
    Yea I agree in long wars it's beneficial, but he reset on like day 2 of the war, we had no idea this war would still be going 5 days later (we will keep our banner picture updated for fun :D ).
    It's a very fun and even war. Both sides have their advantages.

But you can't really try to pin "abusing game mechanics" on us when you're running a 25 man kd with 20 players. We are both using money to leverage our positions in war, which I can't decide is good or bad for the game :/

oh cry me a river and see u at EoA!!! (u cant even know if it is done deliberate or just inactive...and the payed for , wasnt present at the beginning of the war, but would have prolly died anyway...DELIBERATE or INACTIVITY)

Regular
    Yeah, I would gladly have accepted and discussed your criticism if you weren't blatantly abusing sitting to a much greater degree. I was looking through some of your past threads and it appears you've always struggled to find those last five players. I'm glad you found a workaround (I consider what you do good for the game as it brings money in), but don't go calling out other kingdoms when you're already pushing the boundaries of what's fair.

Veteran
    I think they just expected to roll over us, and when it didn't work they go to whining.

I am not sure where all this hostility is coming from to be honest.

I asked an honest question and there is no indication of me saying you abused anything.

The only thing i mentioned is that a player "deliberately" let his province die to get the reset. This assumption is based on the activity of the province pre war and during war. Someone doesn't just go from super active to totally inactive unless something bad happens which i of course cannot tell behind my computer. Therefore i made an assumption...that's what people do.

Yes, my allot of my posts are ****, i am often bored and love to troll, however this thread is clearly not one of them.

Using sitting to better align wave times of people who are in different time zones, on holiday or busy is no abuse, it's what the function is designed for.

Anyway.....i think I've gotten my point across and the almighty utopia god has approved the action and i accepted that. Not sure why you are so angry about it and still have the urge to spit in my eyes?

Thread Information