Thread: Noob Attacking Question

Noob Attacking Question

Hi guys,

I don't have access to Utopia angel when I do attacks on my phone, so I just use the game's built in calculator. One thing I'm struggling with is calculating target's defense with partial elites out. The guide says that SoM can be off by 3%-25%, which is a huge variance.

Any tips you can share about how to calculate mod defense quickly when angel is not available? (i.e. I thinking if I should take the higher home defense value of 2 SoMs and add 10%) Also, I'm assuming the game's war room calculator accurately reflects my offense.

I apologize if this is posted in another thread. If so can someone provide me a link?

Thanks!

Post Fiend
    The SoM will give you the targets accurate defense :)

Post Fiend
    If you send 10% of your thieves you will get accurate def. Then add 4% of that to break them. So 104%. I always send 105% just incase.

I thought 10% thieves will give you an accurate SoT. Does it apply for SoM as well? If so, then why is my SoT defense different than SoM defense with elites home?

Am I missing something?

Yes, it applies to all intel ops, unless you are taking intel into war. If you check when you do a SoT or a SoM Next time, it will say "we have 100% bla bla" if you sent 10% thieves, if you sent less than that or trying to get intel into war it will give you XX%. So make sure you always have 100%

what % thieves do I need to send to get accurate SoM in war?

Veteran
    100% accuracy is harder to get when you are in war and sending thieves OUT of war (or into someone else's war, I guess). This usually happens when you're in EOWCF and start scouting plunder targets or something. There's ABSOLUTELY NO MYSTERY to any of this. When you take intel, it will tell you how accurate it is. In almost all settings, that will be 10% (for Tactician, any number of thieves).

Angel is NOT accurate anymore. It is useful for some functions (build calculator at least) but otherwise don't rely on it.

The War Room calculator gives you 100% accurate numbers for your own offense. It even strips away mods for ambushes. Try it sometime!

There is no way to fail attacks if you use the tools available to you in the game. The only way to risk failing is to start using outside tools.

Veteran
    I'm in EOWCF and just took an SOT on some other kingdom.

Early indications show that our operation was a success and we have 83% confidence in the information retrieved. Our report shows that this province has not been attacked much in the last month. Remember, there are few rewards for attacking a badly hit province, as the easily captured resources have already been taken.

Thanks, this is very helpful. I'll stick to the 10% thieves SoM and war room calculator from now on. Makes attacking on the go much easier :)

Quote Originally Posted by Xale View Post
    what % thieves do I need to send to get accurate SoM in war?
    Oh sloppy of me, this only applies if you try to take intel into other peoples wars not your own. If its your own war, 10% is enough still. And as Andurilas mentions, its both in and out and even intra kd afaik.

Thread Information