Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My dwarf / sage

My dwarf / sage

Hello fellow utopians!!

I am here today seeking a little advice / help. My first question is, the sage bonus, +40 % SE. Is that calculated and shown on sci page? Or in angle?

My second question is, what is a good bpa to aim for? My prov is about 2 - 3 weeks old and @ 1k acres.

My third question - I am playing Heavy attacker and recently have noticed these threads with players drafting so high they are over 100 opa and what not. I have tried this going well into mid 70's DR but never break 80-90k ish opa. I want moar!!!!!

NOTE* I am also Baron, I know it gives small buffs, not sure if that makes a huge difference

---------------------------
    Utopian Date: March 22nd, YR3 (15% in the day)

Ruler Name: The Wise Queen Penelope
    Personality & Race: The Sage, Dwarf
    Land: 1,047 Acres
    Money: 3,191,928gc (45,458gc daily income)
    Food: 173,152 bushels
    Runes: 55,227 runes
    Population: 27,894 citizens (26.64 per Acre)
    Peasants: 16,530 (133% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: 134,750gc (0% tax rate)

Military Eff. with Stance: 105.04% off. / 101.04% def.
    Soldiers: 3,604 (37.9% estimated draft rate)
    Warriors: 2,421 (10,172 offense)
    Axemen: 2,580 (10,428 defense)
    Berserkers: 1,366 (8,609 offense / 4,141 defense)
    War-Horses: 3,282 (up to 3,448 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 0

Total Modified Offense: 26,015 (24.85 per Acre)
    Practical (90% elites): 25,152 (24.02 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 18,210 (17.39 per Acre)
    Practical (10% elites): 14,485 (13.83 per Acre)

Thieves: 613 (0.59 per Acre / 100% Stealth)
    Wizards: 780 (0.74 per Acre / 96% Mana)

Province is at WAR! (-75% gains and effectiveness)

----------------------------------------

1. Farms: 104 (9.9%)
    2. Banks: 290 (27.7%)
    3. Armouries: 239 (22.8%)
    4. Guilds: 259 (24.7%)
    5. Towers: 104 (9.9%)
    6. Stables: 41 (3.9%)

------------------------------------------

Server: World of Legends (Age 65)
    Land: 1,047 Acres
    Books to Allocate: 314 books

** Effects Summary (Known Science Only) **
    9.7% Income (25,907 books)
    2.3% Building Effectiveness (2,887 books)
    5.7% Population Limits (41,801 books)
    43.5% Food Production (15,826 books)
    5.1% Gains in Combat (51,692 books)
    17.3% Thievery Effectiveness (4,444 books)
    18.1% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production (4,880 books)

** Science Books in Progress **
    Alchemy: 4,244 books in progress
    Housing: 259 books in progress
    Last edited by Vonsweetz; 04-06-2015 at 15:16.

Forum Fanatic
    The science bonus is shown on the sci page.
    You should have a lot more books than that by now.

Veteran
    It's really difficult to objectively judge your province because you are obviously sitting in eow and are untrained. Train up first, get your province war-ready, and then post numbers so people can get a better idea.

How many books?

More. Always. I have >500bpa on my human just now. Just get more, always. Also, yes, sage bonus will show up on your science page.

No reason to have ospecs as dwarf. Leet offense. Aim for >10 elites per acre, 12% stables and 20% TG will get you to >100opa no problem.

Your tpa/wpa is super light. Did you grow a lot in this war? Science goes a long way towards helping that - again, I have 50% thievery and magic now on my human for around 5mtpa/3mwpa (not enormous, but compare it to yours).

I grew over 500 acres this war :S
    I'm gonna learn how to drive, I'm gonna learn how to...! Wait. Do *you* know how to drive? - Venelope Von Shweetz

Forum Fanatic
    yeah - next time, as soon as your war is over you should release any offspec you have to soldiers. From there you can aid them out to people who need to explore, or release to peasants.

Forum Fanatic
    remember FoK

The Jerks.

Veteran
    i think you mean remember that science goes past minimal.

As sage you should have sci on constantly. Mine has been running on active since the start of age, thru our first war, and thru our second until i got chained and had to turn it off for 12 hours or so. im >500 bpa atm and haven't had a chance to properly pump my sci yet. I am human tho. Dwarf doesn't get free books, but still, as a sage sci is your bonus, so pump pump pump. constantly. do learns. whatever you can.

And like noobium said, provided your kd goes the full 4 days for eowcf, release all specs/sols. start drafting halfway through, and train up 14 hours before the cf ends. go all elite offense. Keep 7-8 def spec per acre max, and provided you have a good combo of homes, tg and stable you should break 100 opa, provided you get that sci up.
    Last edited by Samsquanch; 04-06-2015 at 22:57.

Veteran
    .... rofl @ active science all war, either its a farm war or you are very selfish. Also you should be going well above active every chance you get. 500 bpa means nothing at this stage, how many acres is that 500 bpa on?

I can't run active sci and still contribute to my kingdom? With sage your main bonus is derived from the amount of science you have. If I had ****ty sci I would have less off, def, tpa, wpa, etc etc which means I would be a weaker province and not be able to help my kd as much. So yeah, I focus on my science first and foremost. why play sage otherwise? First war is a crapshoot anyway. And Bpa is relevant to your size, so what difference would it make how big i am? I'm around 900 acres at any rate, which the biggest I've been yet this age. I'm in a warring kd, we are in normal for the few hours before we war, that's it. Obviously if I could go above active I would.

What's with the attitude? Go chirp someone else.

Forum Fanatic
    If science levels are low enough then there is some incentive to run science even during war, though it's hard to justify science during a close war. That usually only applies for wars fought on YR0-1 though, after that you wouldn't run science unless the war is a foregone conclusion.

Usually though, as a Sage you should spend a decent amount of time and effort raising bpa, no matter what kind of kingdom you play in. Basically, for dwarf this means running schools as soon as you have significant science to protect, lowish draft and banks/homes when you can, and being able to adapt if you're caught pants-down. Since you build for free and raze costs are relatively cheap, it's not too big a liability to flip 15% schools for other stuff on short notice.

I'd want to be operating with at least Intensive science outside of war/fort, and preferably Extreme if I can bank gc for it.
    In war kingdoms, don't forget about learn attacking to pad your bpa. With Learn protection from schools, it's hard for anyone to target your books, but you have the means to extract considerable bpa. It's a very nice way to retaliate kingdoms that make bad randoms, and decent if willing to take some risks or vulture someone who sent out.

Thanks for all the advice!!

As soon as we exit war I will post my prov stats again. I will admit I have only had my sci above active a few times. The prices seem so high? How you do you personally prepare for a sci pump? I am going to sci pump after this war, what would be a good build? I want to attack for sci and research, or should I just stick to one of those? Whats a good raw wpa to aim for?

Build:

Homes - 8%
    Farms - 9%
    Banks - 17%
    TG - 18%
    Rax - 10%
    Guilds - 8%
    Towers - 6%
    Schools - 12%
    Stables - 12%
    Last edited by Vonsweetz; 05-06-2015 at 21:48.
    I'm gonna learn how to drive, I'm gonna learn how to...! Wait. Do *you* know how to drive? - Venelope Von Shweetz

Off the top of my head, something like

30% Homes
    7% Farms (or less if you can. ask for aid or rob people)
    24% Banks
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    24% Schools

Put wages on 50%-100%. Do Learns/plunders. Like noobium said, one way is to retal hits into your kd, that come from weaker kd's. Having a decent enough tpa to rob people can help too.

Honestly tho, the easiest way I've done it in the past is to use left over gc from my eowcf rebuild. It's easier with ToG. But typically if you come out with a couple mil gc left over, throw a bunch of WT in and run the highest level until you run out of gc.

P.S. - Even if you want to attack, I would still go with econo build. Typically as an attacker aim for 1 raw. I'd make an educated guess that most t/m worth their salt are going to have 5+ wpa raw, so even trying get 2 wpa raw as an attacker would not help too much, and the space could better be used for military. Correct me if I am wrong though.
    Last edited by Samsquanch; 05-06-2015 at 22:09.

Post Fiend
    40% homes
    5% farms
    10% banks
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    10% forts
    15% schools
    5% hospitals

30.6 pop/a total with your current pop sci, run 10 pez/acre for max BE efficiency. your income will be pretty good and you'll have about 20.6 ppa leftover for your army. 8 dspecs/a, 10 e/a and 1 tpa/wpa. pump your income/BE/pop science first, you can hit 150% BE easily at +15.3% BE sci. pump science at intensive/rushed always when oow, your income will be able to let you sustain it all the time. when about to war scrap banks for TG, then once war is declared scrap schools for rax and TG. you should be able to hit about 80+ opa with 40+ dpa without elites. scrap some guilds, towers, forts or schools for WTs before war starts if you expect heavy thief ops. adjust your build once you start getting acres for a more conventional build (less home %) as the war goes on, letting your % homes drop naturally as you gain/lose acres. high BE% means your farms are actually producing excess food at 5%.

by mid age your pop should be in the range of 34-36 pop/a, giving you 24-26 pop/a to play around for your army. go 8 dspec/a and 14 elites/a and you should hit about 115+ opa, 16 elites/a will give you 134+ opa. BE should be about 160%+.

by late age your pop should be in the range of 38-40 pop/a, allowing you to have about 28-30 pop/a for your army. BE can hit 190%+. you'll need about 10% libraries to hit this range though.

as a dwarf with the BE bonus, never run stables as they do not benefit from the bonus and you are usually better off running more TGs unless you hit over 10-15% TG.

for those who say 40% homes is stupid, here is the mod building % at 150% BE

40% homes
    5% farms (7.5%)
    10% banks (15%)
    10% guilds (15%)
    5% towers (7.5%)
    10% forts (15%)
    15% schools (22.5%)
    5% hospitals (7.5%)

when war is just declared:

40% homes
    5% farms (7.5%)
    12% TG (18%)
    10% barracks (15%)
    8% guilds (12%)
    4% towers (7.5%)
    8% forts (12%)
    8% WT (12%)
    5% hospitals (7.5%)
    Last edited by dieaready; 06-06-2015 at 17:12.

40% homes does do nice things. I checked it out and makes sense. Only thing I'd change is put the 10% forts into banks for 20% banks. As far as rest goes, not sure how u got those numbers. Could you tell me the science levels, etc needed to be hitting 160+ be and get that amount of ppa? I keep punching the numbers in but it's not adding up. Not trying to say you're lying, just curious! thanks bro

Thread Information