Thread: Soldier Desertions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffArt View Post
    Could you clarify this for me. i.e. we release 1 def spec, so 2999*0.1 = 299.9 deserters > 299 soldiers so I'd have expected specs to desert still. Unless the calculation is FLOOR(2999*0.1) = 299 deserters => 30 soldiers desert. Otherwise you'd need to release 100 def specs before the soldiers deserted.
    Start 3000 defensive specs and 299 solders.

Release 1 spec to soldier. Do not release the soldier.

Now 2999 defensive specs and 300 soldiers.

---------------------------------------------

It is also unlikely that it will be ever be done with 1 unit. Having something like 4000 specs and 200 soldiers is more likely. In that case 183 defensive specs released will give you total 383 soldiers and 3817 defensive specs. The math is quicker if you ignore the peasant change which always gives you a margin larger than rounding. If you release 200 specs to soldiers and it rounds up you desert 40 soldiers instead of 39 soldiers. Releasing 183 specs and deserting 39 soldiers hurts but it is much cheaper than deserting 400 specs and the left over soldiers can protect your elites and thieves.

Sending specs to the dragon to drop population and/or having kingdom mates send a soldier ball might be better than releasing if those are options.
    Last edited by pathetic sheep; 09-06-2015 at 07:19.

Thread Information