It should be clear by now that there is very little left, in terms of ethics, that is sacred to the general top. Instead of scrambling around to find justification for your actions, why not just abandon all ethics and let anarchy run rampant for a change?

Make deals at your own peril, accepting that they may be broken at any time.

Forge alliances that help further your goals, accepting that others may do the same.

Play the game how YOU want to play the game to reach your goals, accepting that others may/will/should do the same.

Everyone seems to have different ideas of fair play and ethics and acceptable behavior and Coke vs Pepsi and where Hoffa is buried and what the hell ever else. Different versions and different rules are clashing all over the server. Pointing fingers and calling names and criticizing actions has become the norm. This is a community beyond repair.

I say roll with it. Stop trying to justify. Stop trying to maintain innocence. Stop trying to squeeze your decisions into a mold of order and acceptance. Create a new norm and let the community adapt or perish, plain and simple.

Find your friends, band together, take what you want. Single groups of 25 players cannot get it done on their own anymore, there's simply too much access to outside assistance and only the smart players are taking advantage of it. Everyone else needs to get on board and I mean everyone; not just the top, not just the warring tier --- everyone. Make alliances the norm again, not the scorned aberrations. MAKE PEOPLE INTERACT! You might be surprised what kind of camaraderie might be born from making alliances the most attractive option.

I'm not talking about breaking game mechanic rules; those are still above reproach, I think everyone can agree on that. It's the behavioral rules that are forfeit. All that nonsense about "the operators of the game aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics within the game" is just empty words anymore. Beyond game mechanics abuses, the operators of the game (operator actually, Bishop shoulders the entire load) haven't touched morality or behavioral ethics in years. They're leaving it up to the community and the community is failing. It's time to embrace a way that fits the mold of this community much better than the current way.

The Utopian community has been teetering on the edge for years. At the top of the cliff is arguments, disputes, anger, tension, disgust, accusations, allegations, excuses, frustration and disillusionment.

At the bottom of the cliff is none of that. At the bottom of the cliff is no apologies, no excuses, no confusion. Just freedom.

So just jump.