Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion: BB actions Emeriti by waving into war

Needs to get out more
    Current kingdom is TFC of Absalom Recruiting ~ we've chosen sides!

...I feel like the boogieman

@ cough. I was being sarcaustic :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Your forces arrive at lucky number 7 (x:x). A tough battle took place, but we have managed a victory! Your army burned and destroyed 264 acres!
    We lost 719 soldiers and 1,702 Knights in this battle.
    We killed about 1,101 enemy troops. We also imprisoned 191 additional troops in our Dungeons.
    Our forces will be available again in 18.40 days (on January 21 of YR4).

OUTLAW COUNTRY
    Last edited by Palem; 08-06-2015 at 20:14.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Current kingdom is TFC of Absalom Recruiting ~ we've chosen sides!

...I feel like the boogieman

@ cough. I was being sarcaustic :-)
    Updated:
    Current kingdom is TFC of Absalom is Faeryplay

oh wow. Are we going to have an ersatz alliance war? its been a really long time.....
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

What goes around comes around. One too many ****play's from Abs. Not that it's rare.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    If history is any indicator, Absalom will soon come oow, declare BB, and absolutely murder them. These gangbangs almost never work out as planned...
    Im open to merging clans octobrah.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Regular
    what alliance??

the pool of players is too small for alliances..

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    We wanted the fight (we explored in eowcf for it), Emeriti didn't (yr10 cf declined, razes from friends start). Pretty easy for anyone to see.
    Emeriti was fine with fighting you straight out of your farm war but wouldn't have taken YR2. A long cf would have been even better for them and they countered with a silly YR10 expecting you to come back with something in the middle of that and YR2. Emeriti just wanted Bour to get a cf so you wouldn't dodge Emeriti to try and farm him instead.

Clerics are strongest if they can be heavily pumped early age. Straight out of your farm war, you'd have had the early age part, but not the heavily pumped part at all. You had just explored 50% land in war on no military after big war gains. You would have been very fat coming out and Emeriti had a strong chance to beat you (especially considering how much they outplayed you in the two previous wars.)

Bour offered you the land and more back immediately after his razes for a cf, so you could have easily just cf'd him and took the free land and fought Emeriti if that's really what you wanted to do. But you didn't want that, did you. That's why you refused Emeriti's offers of letting you adjust the cf timing to your liking and ensuring you had any other reparations needed to not have your position hurt.

Sir Postalot
    So if i rob you and the worst that can happen is I give you your money back whats the incentive not to rob you?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    So if i rob you and the worst that can happen is I give you your money back whats the incentive not to rob you?
    Emeriti didn't rob you. They didn't hit you. They didn't deal break you. They advised a big farm kingdom to cf you with urgency before they got themselves farmed. That's it. You've bragged many times about the ghettos you befriend and advise against your competition.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    Emeriti didn't rob you. They didn't hit you. They didn't deal break you. They advised a big farm kingdom to cf you with urgency before they got themselves farmed. That's it. You've bragged many times about the ghettos you befriend and advise against your competition.
    dude 5-6 years ago. Was like 15 ages ago. Full on in the abs vs non abs days. Who have we fought since. Pyro for 3-4 ages and CR for 3-4 ages before that. Were ghettos dogging them other than the usual Ghetto cats crowd? I had a multi in age 5 too. Got me.
    Last edited by flogger; 08-06-2015 at 23:25.

I just got told about this and read up on it, as an outsider looking in it seems like a pretty straight forward deal break.

Also for the record I can appreciate the use of #feyrplay... gave me a chuckle
    Last edited by DM_Benjamin; 09-06-2015 at 00:13.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Emeriti could have avoided this by offering any form of punishment for their actions. They didn't, now they are getting street justice. You could have sat out the race for land/nw and have flogger retire but you chose this.

#IStandWithBB #FeyrPlay #DenyDenyDenyCAPSDENY
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Sir Postalot
    #TeamBoH

I know my comments don't mean much, but here's my 2 cents on the situation.

Sillies currently have an eoacf with both bb and fpyro, and with what has happened (in addtional to this post by nesta http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15336788), it is only natural for me to be worried. I have voiced this out to both protector and flogger (see point #x)

Whatever I say below might piss off parties involves, but I ain't one to hold my opinions to myself

1) do I think that emeriti asked bour to raze into bb's eowcf? And who would have won that fight betwee bb and emeriti if it happened 'fairly''?

I would say that I feel that there are definitely some that encouraged bour to raze into bb's eowcf to delay and hinder bb preparations. Whether an individual or a few individuals actions can be taken as a whole kingdom, it is debatable.

Would emeriti be afraid of warring bb fairly then?

Yes I think so. I feel that it would have been a very even war and though bb explored a ton in eowcf. Human clerics with tog work very well in extended fort hostile.

2) did emeriti get that 'FSU'' warring kingdom to give them a fake war?

No. I don't think so. We may never know the true answer, but I feel that emeriti didn't need this war for their future conflicts vs bb/fpyro

3) what do I think of bb-emeriti rivalry?

I feel that this is your typical 'let's get at each others throats' kind of rivalry and both parties are willing to hit below the belt just to have an advantage.

Bb has lost twice in a row vs emeriti, and the later war loss must be quite painful considering they were in a better position

I don't really care about whichever kd getting a farm war in whatever part of the age and hence be in a better spot when both sides meet. Its part of utopia .

4) what do I think of the ongoing situation?

I feel that this GB has probably been planned for a few weeks already. However, I think its just done in a poor fashion. Bb needing to deal break just to wave into emeriti-pyro war for 'revenge'' just clearly states black and white that bb doesn't mind playing not 'fairly''

A better alternative would perhaps be just getting fpyro to go into extended hostile with emeriti, and a 'cf' is settled then bb goes in. But of course, that is not easy to manuvere and perhaps bb doesn't trust in fpyro skills

Waving into war is the easiest and clearest way to GB.

5) what do I think of nesta and fpyro now?

As someone mentioned in my retirement ghetto's old pyros GRP,

'I think pyro has become much shadier after we left'
    'If u can't win by hardwork, U win by shady methods'
    'They are desperate'

I personally think they should not be labelled pyro but instead fpyro. In fact, I have more guys from the crown winning age in my ghetto than in that kingdom now. The current fpyro kingdom is a shade of the old pyro, both in activity, skills and committment.

Nesta has an ego, and doesnt like losing.. And cannot handle failures. He will take up any opportunity to have an advantage

I would love to hear what does he think of the current situation.

6) what solution do I propose?

Bb stops hitting. Emeriti and pyro continues warring. The war ends in an mp at min time, and fpyro pulls out of the whoring raze and razes down to warring tier. They would not have won in a fair war and would have been defeated badly (even with gc aid from bb)

Bb and emeriti fights x days after max eowcf of emeriti-pyro. Exact terms to be decided.

This is probably disadvantageous to emeriti.

7) is sillies whoring this age?

Utopians may be wondering.. What's going to happen this age? Would it just be left with bb and fpyro for the whoring tier if this GB continues on and emeriti is taken out?

We never had any thoughts of whoring. Started the age with 23 with a warring setup. Won an oop war. Became huge. Dabbled around #4-#8 just chilling and letting pool rot. Then I saw our cf with wsk ends at a date where after fort foreplay, war will start on a weekend . and decided to add 25k acres in a week to have a utopia chess match

We are currently in a war with warseekers, and though war has not concluded, I would expect us to win this war unless we start messing up.

We have not thought what to do after war.

we're willing to stop growth for 1 week if somehow all 3 kingdoms of bb-emeriti-fpyro all drops out of the land charts.

8) do I need think will deal break me later in the age?

Yes I do. As stated from his post located at http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15336788

Flogger and Protector has assured me that they will step in if Nesta dealbreaks.
    Last edited by TheOne; 09-06-2015 at 02:26.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Thread Information