Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The bane of all Utopia - Cheating Kingdoms

Veteran

The bane of all Utopia - Cheating Kingdoms

Dear Bishop,

Kingdoms are aligning themselves for war win bonuses that are not earned in the spirit of the game. They are doing two things, they are warring each other at very large networth and acre disparities with the outcome predetermined. They are also targeting other competing kingdoms by dragging them into endless wars. There are 3 kingdoms that are doing this right now in this age to disrupt the competitive balance of the game.

If this is intended play for the game based on the changes, then all is fair game, but if it is not intended please restructure the game to stop this blatant cheating; it is a cheating that can not be caught. By cheating I do not mean players with multiple provinces, the cheating I am referring to is arranged wars with predetermined winners and losers. At which point you simply play the game under the constraints of the numbers and follow through with the arrangement.

Spirit of the Rules
    Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game.
    Fair & Honorable Play
    The operators of the game aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics within the game. Any instance of inappropriate language, manipulation of bugs, or acts of deception/fraud can result in immediate removal from the game. We rely on our users to help us enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for users of all ages and backgrounds.

I am posting in Utopia Talk instead of reporting because I am not sure if what is going on is within the spirit of the game and if others happen to agree with me after posting this that it is a big problem right now (or whether people agree is also irrelevant as its what the rules are, not peoples opinions); and if it is not, please let me know and I'll report it for deletions. I am trying to help you enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for all users.

If you wish to explore this further with me I would take time out for a conversation.

Thanks

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bombdigie View Post
    the cheating I am referring to is arranged wars with predetermined winners and losers.
    Can you prove that?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Can you prove that?
    Not with my level of access, but if there are ways to investigate I have some ideas in mind. I'm not trying to post as a witch hunt and it might come up with nothing, but these things are happening and its very clear that they are happening. What type of proof is needed to constitute it? The future ages of the game need changes to resolve this though, this scenario that I described if true is a problem, right?
    Last edited by bombdigie; 09-06-2015 at 00:23.

Enthusiast
    Dear Bishop,

Kingdoms are aligning themselves for war win bonuses that are not earned in the spirit of the game. They are doing two things, they are warring each other at very large networth and acre disparities with the outcome predetermined. They are also targeting other competing kingdoms by dragging them into endless wars. There are 3 kingdoms that are doing this right now in this age to disrupt the competitive balance of the game.

If this is intended play for the game based on the changes, then all is fair game, but if it is not intended please restructure the game to stop this blatant cheating; it is a cheating that can not be caught. By cheating I do not mean players with multiple provinces, the cheating I am referring to is arranged wars with predetermined winners and losers. At which point you simply play the game under the constraints of the numbers and follow through with the arrangement.

Spirit of the Rules
    Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game.
    Fair & Honorable Play
    The operators of the game aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics within the game. Any instance of inappropriate language, manipulation of bugs, or acts of deception/fraud can result in immediate removal from the game. We rely on our users to help us enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for users of all ages and backgrounds.

I am posting in Utopia Talk instead of reporting because I am not sure if what is going on is within the spirit of the game and if others happen to agree with me after posting this that it is a big problem right now (or whether people agree is also irrelevant as its what the rules are, not peoples opinions); and if it is not, please let me know and I'll report it for deletions. I am trying to help you enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for all users.

If you wish to explore this further with me I would take time out for a conversation.

Thanks
    You mean like your oop brother war last age?
    -Gurch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wingding View Post
    You mean like your oop brother war last age?
    That is just one of many examples of this bane of Utopia. So to say it doesn't exist is fallacious. We all know it exists, this isn't some conspiracy thread its a true concern about the current status of fair play in this game.

Forum Fanatic
    bomb,
    With a heavy heart I must tell you that this thread is offensively useless. You don't include any information about the alleged fake-warrers and you didn't report the matter to support (by your own admission). What you posted here is unhelpful.

They are doing two things, they are warring each other at very large networth and acre disparities with the outcome predetermined.
    Without a doubt this is against the rules.

They are also targeting other competing kingdoms by dragging them into endless wars.
    On the other hand, I don't think this disrupts the spirit of the game. Kingdoms are allowed to work together. Wars are only endless where there is either a very fair match, OR extreme victory accompanied by an unwillingness to withdraw. I don't see how either case is problematic.

The Jerks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Well I'll just say this.

Arranging wars for the purpose of gaining protection from the stance (and not actually interested in warring each other), is against the rules. However, support isn't going to delete a kingdom because you think they're cheating. If you want to email support (utopiasupport@utopia-game.com), they can look into it, but I wouldn't hold your breath since most of the communication in such kingdoms usually occurs out of game, so finding enough proof might be tough.

Regular
    Au contraire, deleting Pharma v Stoners is justified... sigh.

Veteran
    Like I said this is no witch hunt, but Bishop please enlighten us, is this the direction you envisioned? Its obvious its happening, its obvious that there is nothing that can be done about it, right now. But things can be done in the future and if we don't bring this up as a community it wont change.

Strategy Moderator
    LOL, the only top kingdom that I know of who has cheated to arrange farm wars in recent ages is Pyro. Are you suggesting Pyro is doing it again?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    LOL, the only top kingdom that I know of who has cheated to arrange farm wars in recent ages is Pyro. Are you suggesting Pyro is doing it again?
    this guy is the cheater I'm talking about and hes trying to derail this thread

Enthusiast
    Pyro 2 v 1 another kd. Thats all that needs to be said really. They have a consistent pattern of doing these things over the ages.

hat is interesting here is the conspiracies and false accusations that are being said about other kds. Just plain wrong.

Strategy Moderator
    bombdigie, maybe you should go on ICQ and spam your whole list to gb targets for you some more. You always loved doing that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Pyro 2 v 1 another kd. Thats all that needs to be said really. They have a consistent pattern of doing these things over the ages.

hat is interesting here is the conspiracies and false accusations that are being said about other kds. Just plain wrong.
    This is the second cheater kingdom. Can you look up their ip's and past age wars and interactions with each other. You might just find a fake war in a previous age with these two. I love how I didn't even have to say who they were, they came to this thread on their on inhibition, guilty conscious?

Strategy Moderator
    Maybe we should have a summary of events for those not in the loop.

1) Emeriti gave notice to Pyro. They were #1 and #3 at the time. Both prepared and started fighting.
    2) After a few waves, Pyro declares Emeriti. BB waves Emeriti into the war despite having a formal cf deal with Emeriti that doesn't even allow notice yet. BB and Pyro are alliance mates. Edit: BB Also sends a dragon on Emeriti into war since Pyro didn't have enough money left to afford one.
    3) BB helps raze kill the province Pyro chain in the war.
    4) Other kingdoms see the lame play of Pyro and BB and start helping Emeriti raze Pyro.
    5) Bombdigie whines in the forum.
    Last edited by AquaSeaFoam; 09-06-2015 at 03:27.

Thread Information