Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On Ethics: A Call to Arms

Post Fiend

Exclamation On Ethics: A Call to Arms

Back in the early ages of utopia, it was common that might meant right. If you had a numerical kingdom superiority, you would just GB your enemies out of the top. Around age 15, this practice was fought, and eventually, it stopped.

Over the ages, it has periodically been tried again, and each time it was stopped. Most notably, Sonata once convinced a bunch of suckers to backstab and GB Rage to try to give Sonata a crown instead of fairly fighting Rage. That ended with Sonata mass deleting.

Now it's back again, and somehow it seems that most of the server is in favor of it. If there are three kingdoms competing for a crown and two of them are allied, why would they risk a fair war against the third when you can just GB them? Why not farm gold to your allies, give them free acres, or mass rob their opponents before they can fight your allies? Why not simply GB them?

But to all the rest of the kingdoms on the server: if BB and Pyro are the only alliance in the game and have shown that they are willing to GB rather than risk not crowning, what chance is it they'd ever let you survive in the top?

If you remain neutral in this fight, it is you that are next.

Sir Postalot
    Why is it weve played 20 straight ages in the top and no one really hates us and yall havent played in 3 years and everyone still hates yall. Therein prolly lies your answer.

Hitting in eow is bad mmmmmkay? Most of the neutrals weve built 20 ages of trust with. I dont think theyre worried
    Last edited by flogger; 11-06-2015 at 02:17.

Veteran
    How about we gb all three of these chumps instead? I vote for Armageddon!!!

Jesus, I have a few meetings and take a nap and when I come back to the boards I have no idea wtf anyone is talking about. ITs time for a new consolidated thread with a cliff notes summary in the origination post.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Veteran
    I nominate sheister to consolidate and summarize all these threads and then post nudes in the old ones to get them closed.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Hitting in eow is bad mmmmmkay? Most of the neutrals weve built 20 ages of trust with. I dont think theyre worried
    I'm mildly concerned that you've suddenly turned into Elit. Using minor incidences and major paranoia to fuel outrage.

we all know i am no fan of emermoji but when is it gonna be enough? maybe they did ask this nub to have his kd hit BB. where is the DB? when elit dealbroke CR that was totally dif. but come on. seriously how many greens are you gonna give emermoji? if you wanted too knock them out of crown contention why arent you hitting the cows? why ruin the peons age? enough is enough. for real stahp it mmmk?
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Strategy Moderator
    Why is it weve played 20 straight ages in the top and no one really hates us and yall havent played in 3 years and everyone still hates yall. Therein prolly lies your answer.

They were hated because they dictated how the top was run. No one likes being told how to play and since they were in control for so long all the ex-whoring kds that are in war kds now remember that and still hate them. Give yourself 10-15 acres of control flogger and I putting money on people building up resentment with you too.

Till then i'm curious to see which side winds an if you do how many ages it takes till the rolls are reversed. As for whoring this age its the age of the neutrals...CJ's gheto, cossless-sleepy, the elit/godly group i'll be curious if they can leapfrog BB if BB gets into a war where razes slow u down.

Veteran
    chrystal handed them the crown for a roster slot and just got pked confirmed.

Post Fiend

Simple deflection on your part - you are getting better at deflection, but this one is pretty transparent.

2v1 GB is bad mmmmmkay? It was bad when you practically begged me to help you do it to Bour's KD who had no chance vs you 1 on 1, let alone BB+Emeriti 2v1, and it was even worse when you actually did it to Emeriti ON TOP OF breaking your word (CF deal) just to get us out of the crown race with your weak-at-best out of context justification.

The reality of the matter is that you didn't want us to war/beat Pyro and then war/beat you (again).

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    chrystal handed them the crown for a roster slot and just got pked confirmed.
    me thinks not.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshrak View Post
    Simple deflection on your part - you are getting better at deflection, but this one is pretty transparent.

2v1 GB is bad mmmmmkay? It was bad when you practically begged me to help you do it to Bour's KD who had no chance vs you 1 on 1, let alone BB+Emeriti 2v1, and it was even worse when you actually did it to Emeriti ON TOP OF breaking your word (CF deal) just to get us out of the crown race with your weak-at-best out of context justification.

The reality of the matter is that you didn't want us to war/beat Pyro and then war/beat you (again).
    Leshrak - you think when i asked you to 2 on 1 them i didnt already know who they were? Are you that dense? I wanted to catch you lying and denying knowning who they were so i could decide how angry to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshrak View Post
    Back in the early ages of utopia, it was common that might meant right. If you had a numerical kingdom superiority, you would just GB your enemies out of the top. Around age 15, this practice was fought, and eventually, it stopped.

Over the ages, it has periodically been tried again, and each time it was stopped. Most notably, Sonata once convinced a bunch of suckers to backstab and GB Rage to try to give Sonata a crown instead of fairly fighting Rage. That ended with Sonata mass deleting.

Now it's back again, and somehow it seems that most of the server is in favor of it. If there are three kingdoms competing for a crown and two of them are allied, why would they risk a fair war against the third when you can just GB them? Why not farm gold to your allies, give them free acres, or mass rob their opponents before they can fight your allies? Why not simply GB them?

But to all the rest of the kingdoms on the server: if BB and Pyro are the only alliance in the game and have shown that they are willing to GB rather than risk not crowning, what chance is it they'd ever let you survive in the top?

If you remain neutral in this fight, it is you that are next.
    Why not mentioning Absalom at all? Why are you so full of ****? This post is pretty sad cause its so obvious what you are trying to do.

Sir Postalot
    Do you want to know the main reason i trust nesta? A few ages ago one of his friends 4xd me oop trying to fau. There was 0 chance i would have ever known and we compete but he offered that information to me for no benefit to his kd. I never told my kd and i understood. Had absalom been honest at any point other than being provided complete evidence to the contrary we wouldnt be here. You have munk in your kingdom, the last real incident of ****play we were possibly involved in i released a full copy of our logs and agreed we didnt deserve to win that age and bowed out and made an immensely unpopular opinion to cancel and not press a button we got that seemed unusual. Someone hacked someone and we went full disclosure and backed out. Half my kd screamed at me but thats what you should do as a leader. You didn't have the leadership to even have your ghetto cow take any punishment, let alone none of you said a damn thing to stop him which is all either of you needed to do.

Post the logs yourself with no expectation of it getting anywhere and then we can do diplomacy and see where it goes. If ya arent willing to do it because its embarrassing and contradicts the spin youve tried for the past 2 weeks, then we arent going to see eye to eye

Veteran
    Rofl!
    Last edited by bombdigie; 11-06-2015 at 03:56. Reason: Maybe I went over the top i dunno

Thread Information