Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: News: AWAR! RAWRWARARARAR!

i support this being at the top of our throne page

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Thumbs up

Good article.Just include land exchange to see who is getting more damage. I think munkbot has this
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    First of all his name is Bour..
    isn't bour remote

Post Fiend
    Nice work. Best thread so far explaining the situation. She Escalated Quickly, aka Meeps Kingdom, is on Emeritis side but most probably don't know who we are anyway.
    Last edited by Craigus; 15-06-2015 at 13:29.

Veteran
    My cute kingdom is oblivious to this whole matter as we do our own innocent warring thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigus View Post
    Nice work. Best thread so far explaining the situation. She Escalated Quickly, aka Meeps Kingdom, is on Emeritis side but most probably don't know who we are anyway.
    nubs

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    nubs
    Yup

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    ASF has informed me he found some points biased. Some edits have been done for clarification and more reivew will occur. Stay tuned. Thank you all for helpful comments and patience with this article and keeping any more "vigorous" discussions in the other forum.
    To be clear, Sheister didn't want to make most of the changes I suggested. I suggested that wherever he posted a claim to also post the counter claim. I also suggested where he posted selective one-sided "evidence" that he instead post the actual full facts. He didn't want to make these changes because they would alter the credibility of Pyro's story.

The main changes he actually made were just stuff like obvious factual errors like him saying that Emeriti declared Pyro when it was Pyro declaring Emeriti. He didn't want to include any facts that weren't favorable to him or any counter statements to his speculations.
    Last edited by AquaSeaFoam; 15-06-2015 at 15:57.

Sir Postalot
    Not sure what facts could be missing. Whole point of making my first thread 3 weeks ago was to have emeriti publicly doing lots of lying that we could prove to be false. Doubt anyone's gonna read it all but its all out there.

Guys please. Take that to the other forum.

ASF, I have been getting pm's asking me if I play for Emeriti, thats how "biased" I am in that article. In fairness I will review it again when I have time. Lets just back off the rhetoric here and keep it in the other forum. Try to keep things to straight comments/questions in this thread for people who are curious but want to avoid all the BS in the other forum. We have like 18 threads to be mean to each other in the other forum.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wingding View Post
    who are the "friends" on each side?
    ummmm there are lots.

Emeriti side: Rockstars?, Outsiders, and two other kingdoms who I know the location of but not the names.

Pyro/BB side: Freakstyle, and another KD who I am not sure who they are either.

there are also individual players getting involved as well.
    The unnamed kd fighting along side Pyro/BB/Freakstyle is Quilt of Awesomness or QoA who have been promised they'll never lose a war again so long as they stay away from top of growth charts. Those looking for a fair war are advised to stay clear

Regular
    The first line of your "unbiased news" should be: I play in Pyro. It shoud also be the only lane.

You should have posted ALL the facts without any attempt as a narrative and then post both side's of the story. This report lacks a lot of facts, like the exploration of BB in eowcf, the threat they were posing to my #1 province and #5 ghettokingdom, the deal agreed between my kingdom and BB after a few days to repair the situation, etc.

Honestly, you should just either let someone who is truly neutral do a real report instead of trying to sell the view of one the kingdom's view as "unbiaised"

ummmm, I did not try to sell it as unbiased. I tried to sell it as an attempt at unbiased.

The exploration is irrelevant to the actual offense. The threat posed is irrelevant to the offense.

That is like saying a person is not guilty of rape by virtue of the victim looking particularly attractive, or saying that preemptive war is justified (for those of you that like George W. Bush and what the US did in the middle east). Clearly these things are not right. So if you want to say I am biased because I did not include a false premise justification that makes you look like a criminal.... OK.

Honestly, one of the factual errors I made originally was in Emeriti's favor. I had mistakenly thought they Emeriti had nothing to do with the razes, but the ASF informed me that in fact they had suggested it. So much for me thinking of Emeriti in a better light.

Trust me, I am trying to be as neutral as I can possibly be. There is no truly disinterested person who knows anything about it so the best we have is someone willing to try. Now, you can cry and scream about it, or you can be patient and give me RELEVANT and substantive comments that are supported to add. ASF has given me two more that have not been incorporated yet because I have not thought of a clever way to incorporate them in one or two sentences instead of the wall of text I was given.

Chillax.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Regular
    ummmm, I did not try to sell it as unbiased. I tried to sell it as an attempt at unbiased.

The exploration is irrelevant to the actual offense. The threat posed is irrelevant to the offense.
    See what you did there? You don't add a FACT that don't support your interpretation (let's remember you play in PYRO) of the situation and yet you post this:

you can be patient and give me RELEVANT and substantive comments that are supported to add.
    Trust me, I am trying to be as neutral as I can possibly be. There is no truly disinterested person who knows anything about it so the best we have is someone willing to try.
    The only difference between your post and the 8 others threads that are talking about this is that you claim to try to be "neutral" while you are not.

I just did and you discarded them because they don't fit your angle of the story. Also, instead of posting incomplete news

You did not add a relevant fact other than perhaps it was motive for you to participate in the activity which is consider abhorrent and for which Emerit already apologized because it is abhorrent.

Please tell me how leaving out the motive for your crime prejudices you.

Please please PLEASE try to be logical or else take this to the other forum and start a thread there about what a bad person I am.

In addition, be aware that this article is not an attempt to go down every rabbit hole there is. The gross facts are:

An act was performed by party A. Based on that act, party B did a counter act. A and B debate that there is or is not justification for either act.

The specific elements of the debate are given in brief because no one wants to read walls of text. The denials are noted. There are no counterclaims other than the one which is noted.

The observable facts are the relative acres/nw's of the participants which is noted.

So seriously. You all are trying to make this article something it is not. Stop it.
    Last edited by Sheister; 15-06-2015 at 19:09.

Thread Information