Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Story of Little Bobby Button

Postaholic

The Story of Little Bobby Button

To those of you on the fence about this conflict.. <3

It's a long read, but it is a story, so should be entertaining for you, if nothing else.

There once was a little tribal village in Africa, population of around 4000. It was a quaint beautiful place, some would say the most perfect place on earth. Wonderful homes and schools, with horses running freely.

The tribal leader in this town went by the name of Emerson Absalalvani. He was a powerful man, more powerful than all the rest, and had made friends in many of the families of this town. Some out of fear.. some out of respect. Everything was peaceful, if not boring in this town. Everyone knew that the most big and powerful man should remain the leader, and make decisions for how the town was to be run, after all.. He had done it for many years.

Now one family in this town didn't like the way things had been going.. The Buttons Family. They saw the corruption in the town, and the small power struggles quickly squashed by Emerson and his colleagues. They knew there had to be a better way. Their youngest boy Bobby Button, was only 7, he was strong and fast, better than a lot of his schoolmates in sports, and school. Anyone who knew the boy thought he would go somewhere with his life.

The buttons family made a decision.. maybe if we train Bobby to be a great fighter and leader, and teach him right and wrong and make him a good person, maybe he could one day rule this town, for the prosperity of the many. So the family decided to train him in these areas in their own home, tirelessly every night they would train, and slowly Bobby Buttons was getting more and more powerful, so powerful indeed, that his training would not go unnoticed...

One of Emerson's spies had heard things and reported back to Emerson. A meeting was quickly arranged. Something needed to be done.. and quickly! Emerson, feeling like a future threat was being raised brought forth the motion that this child should be taken.. tonight. This cause mixed emotions to Emerson's council, some thought that this would cause unrest in this quaint little town. If they take one child, whose child will be next? Is any child safe? Would he dare take a child of a council member next if I speak out? Is this the kind of precedent that wants to be set in the beautiful little town? Can we afford to lose one more child.. After all, our population is only 4000. In the end not enough members refuted, though their objections were noted, and minutes kept.

Later, behind closed doors Emerson knew what needed to be done.. but who could do it.. This can't be tied back to me, emerson thought. So I will have one of my most trusted kidnappers do the job, Sam Boura. Sam had been in the community for a long time, and though people knew he used to work for Emerson, he hadn't in many years, and deniability could be attained. This plan is perfect, emerson concluded. The child gets taken... tonight!

Now little Bobby Button was sleeping in his bed, having wonderful little dreams of Elves and Faery's and Orcs, he knew he was safe tonight. He was in his home.. every other child in this town always went to bed at night, and it was safe to do so for them, after all.. under Emerson's rule nothing wrong ever happened while someone was asleep, helpless in their bed. It was a time of recuperation after a long day.. a respected practice in the town.

This night was not like other nights... This was not like other children... Bobby Button was taken from his bed.. helpless.. alone. The plan had succeeded! Emerson took Bobby to his dungeons, and over time weakened his soul and body, ensuring that Bobby would not be a threat to his crown in this town.

Now when Bobby had gone missing, the Buttons Family was searching for answers! They knew their boy was taken and wanted to know how to get him back. They knew it was Emerson.. it always was.. It was then that they discovered the connection between Sam Boura and Emerson! Mr.Boura had kidnapped for Emerson before! The Buttons Family took the matter to the courts.. after all, they are bigger than just this town, so maybe justice will prevail there. The courts found Emerson guilty, and had him return Bobby Buttons to his family along with monetary compensation for the time away, as long as they can be sure that the Buttons family does not seek vengeance for the actions of Emerson. The Buttons Family agreed. They loved their son, and wanted him back safe and sound, as any loving family would. When Bobby returned he was not the same.. he wasn't as powerful as before, something had happened during his time away.

Years went by... the Buttons knew that something in this town had to change, this wrong could not go by unpunished. A sympathizer to their cause, House Pyrell, offered to help.. after all, they had a promising young boy in their family too who one day could become the leader of this town, and because they love their son, they wanted to protect the integrity of his training, and not have him taken while he was sleeping, as he was sure would happen again... it always did.

Together the two families went to the town hall, and started attacking, and killing all of Emerson's supporters, all the people who were apart of this atrocious act against little Bobby Buttons. As soon as the town people saw that this was happening many jumped to the aid of the Buttons Family and House Pyrell. Some Freeeaks joined in, and others who had sons of their own that they wanted to keep safe during the night, when their sons are most vulnerable.

Other families came in droves to protect Emerson and his colleagues, mostly Outsiders.. after all.. the town had been so stable for years under his watch, none of their sons had been taken during the night so why should things change? They knew that Bobby Buttons had been attacked.. but also that a court ordered agreement was made and compensation given, and then later broken.. but they didn't really know the pain of losing their son like the Buttons family did. They didn't understand that loss.

This fighting continues. Emerson is still out there. Who will help us find him.. and kill him. Our children should be safe during the night when they are most vulnerable, no matter how much strength their little body gains back during the night.

It's not too late for you to join, and make a better Utopia for tomorrow.
    Last edited by jmiedema; 17-06-2015 at 14:18.

Postaholic
    haha, i dont often like stories on UT, this i did tho ;)

Postaholic

Forum Addict
    great read!

Makes me proud to know people in my KD can write up something like this.

Post Fiend
    hehe nicely written

Haha, just made me laugh out at work, in the middle of the grand work force, everyone stopped and turned to see me sitting with utopia forums open my boss included.

I am now banned from internet for the day :( (happy i got my phone)
    War is what happens when language fails.

Postaholic
    Haha, sorry Aranfein. I must admit, I wrote the thing and I still laugh out loud when I read the name Emerson Absalalvani.

May the spirit of little Bobby Button be with you all.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    Haha, sorry Aranfein. I must admit, I wrote the thing and I still laugh out loud when I read the name Emerson Absalalvani.

May the spirit of little Bobby Button be with you all.
    you have missed the legendary opportunity of introducing the amazing character, belly button!

Postaholic
    and his brother, Pushthe, but lets face it.. he's pretty hostile..

Postaholic

My only complaint, and I'm just nitpicking, was that you didn't choose a funnier nick for my kd!

Otherwise fantastic read lol!
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Regular
    The amount of nonsensical propaganda is hilarious. You have too much time on your hands if you're writing these stories. Whatever happened to the days of old where kingdoms just attacked other kingdoms and the top wasn't organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint View Post
    The amount of nonsensical propaganda is hilarious. You have too much time on your hands if you're writing these stories. Whatever happened to the days of old where kingdoms just attacked other kingdoms and the top wasn't organized.
    60 ages passed since that. Top was always organized, except in those early ages.

Very nice post and story btw, pleasant reading out of the mayhem.

Postaholic
    @Hollopoint lol I'm pretty much just a nobody in this whole thing. I play for FS, but only joined them late last age, but I have been paying attention to all the threads (DEAR GOD TOO MANY THREADS!) on this matter. Just thought it would be comical to write it up in a different way. I was awake at 4am doing an attack. In war forums with the kd we are facing (FS vs Outsiders) Outsiders all seem to agree that yes Emeriti was wrong first in not honouring EoWCF, but that BB/Pyro were 100x worse by dealbreaking and 2v1'ing them in return.

This story is my way of trying to explain that it is OK to use excessive force if A. You were wronged first, and B. You know that the accused party is likely if not guaranteed to do the act again, especially if the community does not punish it the first time.

For acts like hitting into an EoWCF, it needs to be nipped at the bud, or else it will just be a problem going forward. We have to set a precedent (spelling?) that this community will not stand for it. If the devs arent going to give 100% protection in EoWCF (yet?), then we as a community have to ensure that bully kingdoms cant just have their way with anyone they want while in this protected state.

@Nesta, yea that is my biggest mistake in the story (You are Pyro right?) as I said it was 4am when I wrote it haha.

I have edited the story and Dub the "Pyro" Family to now be ... dun dun dun.. HOUSE PYRELL!
    Last edited by jmiedema; 17-06-2015 at 14:16.

Thread Information