Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know how to really end the Awar

Someone post Randy Marsh apologizing to Jesse Jackson. I haven't posted 10 times I can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZPQVs-y8oQ

I don't know how to embed it, but that was the best 10 seconds of my life. Please view.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZPQVs-y8oQ

I don't know how to embed it, but that was the best 10 seconds of my life. Please view.
    cJ taught me to embed so all credit to him, just do the "insert video" copy and paste the link then remove the "s" in https
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Enthusiast
    ASF, That's quite a half ass apology man. Why should BB HAVE TO give a CF to a ghetto, just because they played dirty? Offering back the land that they destroyed gets them back to even terms...how on earth would that be justification for giving a CF to an overgrown ghetto? You guys should have suggested to bour, from the getgo, that they should raze down and not touch BB, because Emeriti needed the longer term CF with BB and would not be available to protect their friends in the ghetto. Spin it however you want, you guys are getting exactly what you deserve.

Enthusiast
    I speak for the server, and the server says we are done with this. Emeriti got wasted. BB won congrats. Nothing more to see here. Lets drop the farse awar tag and resume business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    ASF, That's quite a half ass apology man. Why should BB HAVE TO give a CF to a ghetto, just because they played dirty? Offering back the land that they destroyed gets them back to even terms...how on earth would that be justification for giving a CF to an overgrown ghetto? You guys should have suggested to bour, from the getgo, that they should raze down and not touch BB, because Emeriti needed the longer term CF with BB and would not be available to protect their friends in the ghetto. Spin it however you want, you guys are getting exactly what you deserve.

Official Resident Troll of cRAZiEs

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto_King View Post
    I speak for the server, and the server says we are done with this. Emeriti got wasted. BB won congrats. Nothing more to see here. Lets drop the farse awar tag and resume business as usual.
    Lol you're cute...and you've been around for a whole two years! Wow - you sure do climb the ranks fast to be speaking for the WHOLE server. It's over when the fat lady sings, and I don't see any fat ladies!

and no, fat lady boys don't count so all of Cj's kingdom can't declare when its over.

*note* not an insult, old pyro inside joke...
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Enthusiast
    Score is 49-0. 4th quarter. You may still be on the field but the fans have left the building. Game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    and no, fat lady boys don't count so all of Cj's kingdom can't declare when its over.

*note* not an insult, old pyro inside joke...

Enthusiast
    Chuck pound sand
    Lol you're cute...and you've been around for a whole two years! Wow - you sure do climb the ranks fast to be speaking for the WHOLE server. It's over when the fat lady sings, and I don't see any fat ladies!

Ok thanks, here we go :D

I dont buy the reasoning for advising bours actions as is

I dont buy the reasoning for advising bour actions as is suggested here.

1. Emeriti was worried about a bour "farming out" but he only explored to 3k putting him maybe 1k above the top end of BB.

2. At 3k acres the "farmout" would result in maybe a bour losing 1.5k (thats hardly a farmout)

3. At this point Emeriti was sitting on a 5k lead, and BB is exploring to close that gap.

I dont know the reason why, maybe its because Emeriti's sages needed more time to pump before facing BB Clerics. Maybe Emeriti hoped by advising bour actions that they could throw bour's kd under the bus giving them the extra time needed while BB was forced to stop, turn and face bour's threat.

maybe some of you guys have a different idea why.

but I dont buy this one
    uTools - Because lazyness is the way to go
    StingerNET ~ Exposed.tf ~ tf.uMonk
    "When haters talk, we dont even mind.. They can feel how they feel just dont cross that line."

BEAST
    aka
    da BLOOD spilla
    <3_\"/-|\['|'_|/-|2'/ /-|3_\"/-|_()\\\

Strategy Moderator
    Yeah SoShaan, that's it. Bour offering BB some extra free cow land from his #1 province and kingdom with several top 15 provinces for a cf for himself was all a trick (sarcasm). The only reason BB was delayed was because instead of taking the free land and just giving him a cf, BB insisted on killing him and his kingdom as "punishments" and that is what slowed BB -- their own choice.

As for your clerics, you forgot to mention they were insanely fat after you just went from ~15k to ~33k acres with your ww and post war explore. Emeriti and BB had no cf and Emeriti was in good position to wave BB as soon as they exited post war. This is why BB wanted a YR2 cf but Emeriti was not going to accept this and was preparing to wave you instead. Of course sages would also be happy to take a medium or long cf if offered, but it wasn't needed.

Post Fiend
    Did you forget to look into the mirror? You'll probably find one there.
    In my own comfort ghetto
    PyroManiaCs (retired)
    AC (retired)

Forum Fanatic
    I can see both sides to the argument.

Hitting into an EOWCF has always been frowned upon but normally because it gives little tactical advantage gaining 25% Land. I am unsure of BB/ASF's kd sizes but IF it had been Emeriti giving BB a button into EOWCF it would still have been bad but using someone else to hit BB is bad. I'm just assuming that as BB wanted a short CF and Emeriti wanted a YR10 cf, BB had strongest early age set up + size advantage to win early.

Why couldn't both Bour + Emeriti give BB the land back +10-15% and extra from both for compensation?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    I can see both sides to the argument.

Hitting into an EOWCF has always been frowned upon but normally because it gives little tactical advantage gaining 25% Land. I am unsure of BB/ASF's kd sizes but IF it had been Emeriti giving BB a button into EOWCF it would still have been bad but using someone else to hit BB is bad. I'm just assuming that as BB wanted a short CF and Emeriti wanted a YR10 cf, BB had strongest early age set up + size advantage to win early.

Why couldn't both Bour + Emeriti give BB the land back +10-15% and extra from both for compensation?

ABA, Emeriti didn't "use" anyone else to hit BB. Bour had several top provinces including his own province which was #1 land. BB explored up attackers in range to hit Bours big provinces down and they were the only real threat kingdom at the time that Bour didn't have a cf with. Bour tried to get a cf, but his ingame messages were read and not responded to (granted he only waited 4h before feeling he needed to force a response.) He then razed and offered all razed land back plus extra for a cf. This indeed worked to get BB to talk to him, but it didn't work for him to get a cf since BB rejected his free land offer and instead insisted that Bour give them the button and farm war them. Bour said no to this and then BB insisted that he and his kingdom be "killed". Emeriti did advise Bour that if BB woudln't cf him, he could threaten to raze into war to get his cf and an Emeriti core player suggested that if BB was not responding to his messages after 3h he should just raze them so they couldn't stall him. Emeriti apologized for their role in giving the bad advice and offered reparations themselves.

As for your question of why Bour+ Emeriti couldn't give Bb back the land plus extra, that's a question for BB.

Bour offered BB land plus extra right from when he first razed. In the end Bour did agree to give BB ~3x the land he razed back plus agreed to stay below BB's size caps of ~1000 acres for all provinces. Emeriti offered Bb additional land from Emeriti and whatever cf terms BB felt appropriate. Emeriti told BB they'd give whatever land and terms (and any other terms) BB felt needed to fully repair their position.

So yes, it's a very good question why BB couldn't have acted reasonable and takent he free land offered by Bour and emeriti and whatever else they needed to fix their position and not had to resort to deal break and waving into war. The real answer to this is a bit complex, but it is mainly because BB didn't want to have to fight Emeriti 1v1 even if BB were given the advantages by Emeriti and also because Flogger has long wanted to "alliance war Absalom" and since Absalom disbanded he felt this was as close as he could get.

Thread Information