Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob move spelled disaster for Randomination

Post Fiend
    If only more noobs would hit into my kd like that.. Q.Q

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jo.t.reid View Post
    If only more noobs would hit into my kd like that.. Q.Q
    What would you do? What is the latest trend now in utopia?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Artic Fox View Post
    What would you do? What is the latest trend now in utopia?
    declare of course..

I also try to blame the Dutch for everything. Nice read.
    PEW PEW PEW!

News Correspondent
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

1. You only had 1 land hit in there and likely not a good one.
    Opinion (lacking knowledge of any facts)... I could just ignore the ignorant remark but let's amuse it with details: 1 hit totaling 15% of my own acres. It's not an amazing grab, but it was decent. Enough to buffer 2-3 hits on me, since I had plenty of GSs.

If war started and you got chained, you would have suffered pretty bad elite loses from overpop anyway.
    Ummm, yes? But that would have happened anyways even if I grabbed a million acres... so there's really no point there. Being chained = losses regardless. I wanted to avoid losing elites to the hits themselves, not to overpopulation due to chaining.

2-3. You could have seen if he was a good learn target with 6% stealth, not wasting a general and giving the target GBP. Next time just grab some intel .
    I had a science report and SoM... I didn't check for schools because frankly, who cared? I wasn't going for science... I was going for his gold. He had ~2.9M gc and was my same NW. The science hit was a bonus since he was so under defended I could hit 4 times. It just sucked that he did have that many schools.

Still, my 4 hits didn't give them the button. The only mistake I acknowledge is that I hit a larger KD than our own. That was an oversight... we had just lost a few provinces and our KD NW had dropped 1 million in 2 RL days. I did a target search based on what I remembered to be our KD NW... Oh well, I'll learn to be more thorough and methodical.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by artic fox View Post
    what would you do? What is the latest trend now in utopia?
    ... declare asap
    Don't kill. Make peace.

Regular
    But he mentioned the kd he hit was 1m bigger.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Artic Fox View Post
    But he mentioned the kd he hit was 1m bigger.
    what is 1 million....

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    blah blah blah.
    Wow. Just wow. You would last a day in our kd and 75% of it is people that never played before. You should run all attacks by your monarch from now on. In no way does those attacks make any kind of "tactical" sense. Actually you should vote in a new king if this one doesn't kill you off.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrystal Palace View Post
    Wow. Just wow. You would last a day in our kd and 75% of it is people that never played before. You should run all attacks by your monarch from now on. In no way does those attacks make any kind of "tactical" sense. Actually you should vote in a new king if this one doesn't kill you off.
    As blunt as ever, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrystal Palace View Post
    I am new. Generally, what is the best tactical move when war is imminent, you have all generals home, and majority of the enemy kingdom is in your range?

Don't get your kd retaled by someone that can crush you?
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappa_ View Post
    I am new. Generally, what is the best tactical move when war is imminent, you have all generals home, and majority of the enemy kingdom is in your range?
    That's actually a very complex question.

If my kingdom is giving declare to the enemy then I start relaying my offense into the enemy. I divide my army into as many defense breaking groups(taps) as possible. I time my taps to return at roughly even spacing. These usually consist of army groups sent out for traditional march and ambush as a norm.

The target of the relay taps are enemies in my immediate nw. This is the foundation to create a zone. To maintain and strengthen my position I will traditional march enemies at my nw level and below. I ambush enemies above my nw range. I do this to create a nw gap that allows me to push my immediate threats into the teeth of my kingdoms chains while offering little leverage to the enemies above my range.

Enemies that grow by attacking are more susceptible to ops/sabotage. Enemies forced into the chains get their defenses ground out of them. My endeavor is to hold a position that by default keeps me land efficient. The eventuality is that my province is positioned to pull down the larger nw enemy provinces and force them to be chained.

This method has resulted in some consistent gains in war. Anyone can be chained but I've done well with relay/zone as a staple of my repitior. There's a myriad of other province tactics, but many kingdoms will have orders for you to follow. I personally thrive where I can adjust to the prevailing tides of war.

Good luck and enjoy Utopia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Raze oow destroys land, not buildings ala war. So you're not really reducing any GS effect razing oow.

Post Fiend
    Hitting larger kingdoms can't actually crush you. The mistake was giving button to a kingdom that can crash them in a war.

Thread Information