Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: FS vs ED: FS brings in out of hostile help?

Needs to get out more
    Seven-Zark-Seven, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Brief timeline of events

(Goes on to post an essay)
    you pulling a CJ there silverfox? :P

The Jerks.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Helluva View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. You see, dealbreak is seen as a very serious issue and agreements are the only thing keeping people's CF in place. Without it, we could all just break CF/NAP whenever it was advantageous to do so. As part of ED leadership we could never just in-game CF FS and move on without a former agreement/deal. Doing so would've just been met with reprisal later on when it would be most advantageous for FS to do so. We needed to establish terms. By the last hours of the conflict, near the end, I had become weary of our positioning (i've seen the FS stall tactic done before) I sent Ahlene (who was being sat by Yume) an ingame msg saying we'd accept the CF after they agree to an EoACF. After all, we didn't want to keep looking over our shoulder for the remaining month of the age and by that point you could smell the BS in the air.

a few times in my n00ber years I made the mistake of not getting agreements and the exact same BS play went down. Opponent KD sends CF in game and refuses to negotiate after refusing to war. We take CF and they break it weeks later and go "serves u right for waving us!"
    I've done this as a solo province. Yes ignorant, but subject to the full force of an occupied kingdom. We were exchanging attacks. I hovered over their t/ms(who I wouldn't hit anyway out of curtesy) and I offered to put a CF on the table. They stalled.

I pointed out my concessions were out of gamesmanship. I couldn't possibly be concerned about my own well being if I was soloing in a shell by choice for a full age. I also pointed out my army would attack as soon as it got home. I offered the CF with no conditions. They accepted.

There's no reputation big enough to spare a solo province. I sought no CFs as a challenge, unless attacks were exchanged and the enemy offered: that ideal held up till the CF discussed above. I had several kingdoms that would march against me on and off through the age. I was hammered and offered nothing. I made sure I always took more than I lost.*

My point is you can CF kingdoms that are neutral and/or friendly just so you aren't accidentally randomed. Your enemies should be on call 24/7. This eliminates clear pump dynamics. You have to be the better kingdom on your feet.

I have a trite saying when asked if I'm ready: I'm never ready, always ready to go.

I'm the worst province builder you may ever meet so I'm not saying this from a formidable position, but from a humble one. If you enjoy diplo then the arguments should induce joy as well. The challenge of clever diplo? I get it.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 15-07-2015 at 01:52. Reason: *Alice and Undead WH were exceptions
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Why was this a 34-page thread? Didn't FS stop retalling for a while with a CF offer open to ED?
    Clearly at some point that stops being a hostile...?

The Jerks.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Why was this a 34-page thread? Didn't FS stop retalling for a while with a CF offer open to ED?
    Clearly at some point that stops being a hostile...?
    I guess you didnt read any of the 34 pages wherein a lot was discussed

i.e. the fact diplo doesn't end at in game mechanics
    i.e. I sent an offer of eoacf in exchange for in game cf - they read but never replied. etc etc.
    redwood original. ben style.

KoC -> FAITH -> Identity Crisis -> andn00bs - > Reunion -> ZZ -> InZZo -> PewPew -> SPGC -> Havoc- -> CR -> Evil Dragons

(2003--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2015)

Forum Fanatic
    In fact I read the whole thread lol

The Jerks.

Post Fiend
    such is utopia. coming to forums to whine when ppl whack you. want to do something about it? then do it in game. gather your allies to get revenge or something.

Thread Information