Thread: Faery/Mystic

Post Fiend

Faery/Mystic

I've been out of the game for a couple of years, and when I played I mostly played as an attacker. I'm just wondering if I have a decent TM province or if I should be trying to improve it.

13.8 mtpa(4rtpa) 17.8 mwpa(5rwpa) (these include invisibility and mage's fury)
    76.09 dpa (.4635 d/nw)
    income 14.01% nw/tic
    wages 8.25% nw/tic

Let's not think builds, I understand builds and how they effect my province, I'm interested in the strength of my province. And if you must know I'm hovering around 1.3k acres.
    Last edited by LukYspDe; 07-07-2015 at 07:03. Reason: invisibility and mage's fury

Post Fiend
    +15.0% Income
    +9.9% Building Effectiveness
    +6.9% Population Limits
    +59.6% Food Production
    +2.2% Military Efficiency
    +60.4% Thievery Effectiveness
    +123.2% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

science is probably worth mentioning

Regular
    It depends a lot on what sort of kingdom you are in and how you're playing the game (what your goal is, what your kd's goal is and how they synergize)

However, I would suggest that you increase your defence. 464dpnw isn't enough to deter strong attackers randoming you (Orcs, UD). If you think about it, they can hit you at 110% of your nw and still have max gains so they'd only need about 440opnw to break you, and that's low for a well-built province.

Of course, if you have provinces in your kd around your nw with good offence who can provide a deterrent then maybe you have enough def.

Post Fiend
    I'm the highest NW TM in my KD, and I have multiple Heavy offensive attackers above me. My main role is to be an offensive TM, I'm actually in the process of raising my d/nw; I have a lot of schools in my build that i'm slowly phasing into forts and libraries. And I also experimented with homes (I was running 10% homes and 5% less forts and noticed my d/nw dropped from .50 to .46, I calculated a few numbers and basically from what I can tell, homes are doing more damage than good)

TY for your post RiffArt, I appreciate it greatly and I hope to hear from you again.
    Last edited by LukYspDe; 07-07-2015 at 08:53.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Looks alright as long as you get your defense up a little. Also you should be aware that Faery/Rogues could likely eat you up if you go against some strong ones and don't have some (not a ton because you've got good tpa and CS) WTs up.

Post Fiend
    Good to know, thx Palem.

Post Fiend
    I'm increasing my d/nw now, I was afraid I was playing too selfish before.

Veteran
    It's not selfish to avoid being eaten up as a TM.

Veteran
    Defense, wpa, and sciences are weak in my opinion.

Post Fiend
    I'm just curious about RiffArt's 464dpnw and 440opnw. What does it mean? And I don't think homes do more damage on a Fae/Mystic build. Even 10% homes is too small for him. Just my own opinion though.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    defense per networth and offense per networth

Post Fiend
    There is no way for a T/M to be totally unbreakable at his NW level, since if I'm not wrong the def/nw tends to taper off at around 0.55-0.6 due to having only 5 def elites/specs at best. Of course you could do something like 18 elites/dspecs per acre but then you'd be pushing 0.7 at best while failing as a t/m. Meanwhile an attacker can go over 0.7 with some minor difficulty, and when you add in the NW range of + or - 25%, means that all the attacker needs is just above 0.525 off/nw to break you by having just a bit more acres/nw. Still, pushing your def/nw as high as you can means less chance of getting hit OOW. In war just make sure that your kd doesn't pick a fight with attackers who have more off than you have def, or you got to OP them down hard first so you don't get hit.

Post Fiend
    these were my numbers going into war:
    14.83 mtpa 19.13 mwpa
    .50 d/nw

Forum Fanatic
    It is impossible to be 100% safe against an attacker of equal nw, but if you're playing faery you typically want to be bigger than most attackers you face.

The best defense would be to tear down attacker threats to your t/m, and make sure a kingdom can't complete a full chain on your t/m - or at least, limit their targets.
    The worst threat to t/ms is that they're frail as hell in hostile, so if you mis-play hostile your t/m get massacred before war even begins. It's hard to be 100% safe against this, even if you enter hostile unbreakable bouncewaves are a thing (though they're stupid imo, most kingdoms should not bother).

You mentioned that you have heavies above you in nw, which is fairly useful. What about the attackers immediately underneath you, though?

You shouldn't discount military science as a Faery. Even though you normally don't benefit from GBP, and Forts don't stack with military science AFAIK, it's still a free ME boost, and you would want the ME if you have to exchange hits / retrain defense.

dpnw is okay to get a rough idea where you stand on average, but for a faery it's mostly about whether attackers can break you at all, and how much they have to sacrifice to do so. you should be looking at 0.55-0.6 at least, but if you really tweak your numbers you can do significantly better. A lot of that nw weight is consumed by having high wpa and tpa.

since Faeries have a wpa+tpa boost now, you don't need as much to target attackers, and your primary ops threat are other faeries. rogues are priority number one to watch out for. generally, you will need about 10 successive land hits to make a chain on a t/m really work, and if you can crack a faery/rogue outright you've saved your kingdom a lot of annoyance in the long-term. so, if you have the attackers to do it, you should probably look at that as your defense, in addition to healthy tpa+wt, since chaining the rogue not only protects you but your whole kingdom.

Thread Information