Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesters v Mythos

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    It was a good war, solid execution by Jesters! Jesters conducted the hostile much better than we did, by putting their big fae in vacation mode for the whole thing so we couldn't damage it, and by bouncing our UB fae's much more effectively.

Sorry about our drunken player who went on a rant in the War Forum... Actions will be taken!
    That sounds a lot like cheating?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedurur View Post
    That sounds a lot like cheating?
    How?

The game mechanics allow a province to go into vacation mode - the penalty is you cannot do anything 24(?) hours before hand, you are locked in for 3 days minimum and you cannot receive aid/send aid/attack dragon for 24 hours AFTER leaving.

You could argue vacation mode should not exist - you should have to set a sitter - but it does, and there are restrictions around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post
    How?

The game mechanics allow a province to go into vacation mode - the penalty is you cannot do anything 24(?) hours before hand, you are locked in for 3 days minimum and you cannot receive aid/send aid/attack dragon for 24 hours AFTER leaving.

You could argue vacation mode should not exist - you should have to set a sitter - but it does, and there are restrictions around it.
    Well as the name implies its used for VACATION, hence if your provinces didnt go away on VACATION and it was just put in VACATION MODE to avoid getting slaughtered. It would be considered abuse of mechanics.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Well as the name implies its used for VACATION, hence if your provinces didnt go away on VACATION and it was just put in VACATION MODE to avoid getting slaughtered. It would be considered abuse of mechanics.
    What Korp said, there are several cases where provinces have been deleted for the exact same (ab)use of mechanics

Just when you think a thread will survive without the regular Uto drama :D

How does one judge if prov is on vacation or in vacation mode avoiding getting slaughtered?

Forum Addict
    He was away for 2 of the 3 days, drunk as a skunk half the time judging by our Whatsapp channel. ;)

I imagine, with good understanding, that our leadership decided that nobody skilled enough to run that province was available to sit (we had several provinces being sat already, damn summer nonsense) so they opted for vacation mode instead. It would not have been a wise strategic move to try to assign a player of only average skill to try to keep a bank province afloat amidst a ton of attention. Keeping the province intact for war was more important than benefiting from its economy during the hostile phase, so vacation was smarter than inadequate hands.

But dramaholics, believe what you will, it means little in the end to anyone but you. :) If you can't survive without blaming someone, Simians is always available.

Enthusiast
    I wish I had sat in on this war...as a fly on the wall. ;)

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by inventio View Post
    I wish I had sat in on this war...as a fly on the wall. ;)
    Loudest fly I've ever met ;)

If the prov is deemed to have been deliberately set in vac mode to keep it safe or to protect it's resources until and for use in war then that would be considered breaking the game rules. It is however very hard to determine if/when that is the case. If the prov was packing lots of gold that got sent to dragon once in war then i would at the very least be suspicious ;).
    #CanWe-public @utonet

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Engman View Post
    If the prov is deemed to have been deliberately set in vac mode to keep it safe or to protect it's resources until and for use in war then that would be considered breaking the game rules. It is however very hard to determine if/when that is the case. If the prov was packing lots of gold that got sent to dragon once in war then i would at the very least be suspicious ;).
    Except it's no longer possible to pack gold for a dragon into a vacation mode province, because a province is unable to interact with a dragon or the aid mechanic for 24 hours after leaving vacation mode. Protecting resources is a concern of the past. The only thing you can protect in vacation mode is your actual province, as it should be.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Except it's no longer possible to pack gold for a dragon into a vacation mode province, because a province is unable to interact with a dragon or the aid mechanic for 24 hours after leaving vacation mode. Protecting resources is a concern of the past. The only thing you can protect in vacation mode is your actual province, as it should be.
    Except that is also abuse of the game system if you aren't actually on vacation. Bishop has in the past forced provinces out of protection in top kds because he believes (correctly?) that in those kingdoms, going on vacation is a strategic move rather than a taking a break move, as there is a high availability of sitters. He's pushed #1 provs that go vacation out so they can get hit down, he's pushed provs getting attacked out of vacation so that they can get hit down, etc.

Essentially what I'm saying is that Bishop has made it clear through actioning that he does not consider VM to be a strategic tool that you can deploy, but that it is truly only intended if you are going on vacation. As a result, saying that they didn't do something clever like use VM to protect their t/ms might be problematic :)

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Except that is also abuse of the game system if you aren't actually on vacation.
    I don't think anyone would argue that, just simply saying that you cannot truly protect resources with vacation mode anymore, so that angle is moot.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    I don't think anyone would argue that, just simply saying that you cannot truly protect resources with vacation mode anymore, so that angle is moot.
    no...all it costs is trade balance now. aid out 100k/prov boom 2.4 million gc for the dragon

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    no...all it costs is trade balance now. aid out 100k/prov boom 2.4 million gc for the dragon
    Except you can't send aid for 24 hours after coming out of vaca protection either, so... still a moot point. Keep trying though!

Thread Information