Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noticing into EOWCF

Strategy Moderator
    If you want "no notice in notice, hostile, war, pw" then you specify it. Many or even most cf deals these days do indeed specify it, but they don't all specify it. If the deal doesn't specify it, then the other party can notice you whenever they want (after any duration specified). You don't assume restrictions are there if they aren't specified. Likewise, most cf deals these days specify a notice duration to end the but not all do. If no notice is specified you don't assume it is there and expect to give notice after the duration is up.

Sir Postalot
    To answer the discussions before, the proper time needed to fight a top war is 7 days under current rules. Anything less and you're at a disadvantage. Mostly because of the degree of OVERPOP training BB first started using. I think we were the first to do true 115%.

Pandas and fluffy are warring now with about 3 peasanta per acre left. If they were facing someome as pumped as topsy is referring to, that's the equivalent of fighting with the enemy having 7 more elites per acre. Most war kingdoms usually get frustrated after their first top war of they are facing such a disadvantage.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-07-2015 at 02:52.

If the correct time is 7 days to prepare for a top war, why are the notice deals not made "7 days notice"? I think thats what RiffArt and others are wondering, myself included.

I can understand deals with YR.X attached to it would have 48hrs/72hrs etc. but if its a straight notice deal such as myself and BB has or myself and Panda had, i think i got a few more like it from the more established top/experienced leaders in the art of diplo on growth level from newer time why when they are in position to determine the "Notices" do they not request 7 days?

A notice is just a notice afterall to show courtesy that you are dropping the ingame CF, there is no reason it has to mean war or lead to war, on war tier when dropping an ingame CF its quite usually just someone cleaning out so they get chance to open up for a few more randoms/targets if option presents itself, whether it be hits/plunders/learns or OPs, it usually never leads to war.

Drafting to such extremes as you describe Flogger its only for KDs with a widely experienced core, it wont cut it if 1/3 of yours are trained 6 days before hostiles/wars begin, it takes a certain discipline which only a small handful of kingdoms can do in current utopia, Emeriti, BB, CR ? can't think of anyone else having that sort of experience/discipline (maybe 1 or 2 more given the advice/help/players to perform like that. perhaps coss if he dont rage quit so often).
    War is what happens when language fails.

Sir Postalot
    the good top kingdoms set their ceasefires up to give them 7 days. So if I know im fighting someone yr6+72, i make all my other ceasefires yr8 or longer. Having one top kd end yr6 and another end yr7 is a mistake. Most new kds to the top mess this up, see: wsk's thread. You need to plan ahead when making ceasefires at the top.

And yes, the knowledge gap is a big problem. It's really not fair for most new kingdoms to compete vs the dorks that have been doing it for 30 ages. Pyro is the only kd to make the leap recently and they made the leap by fighting the CRs and myself and learning quickly in doing so. Still was. 4-5 age process for them, most kds get discouraged in that learning process.

Us vs divinity last age is a good example. Persian wanted to be at the top, warred BB early and won, yet we ended up fighting 5 weeks later after both sides got to whore and superpump and they lost big, got discouraged and stopped trying for the top.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-07-2015 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    Does anyone else get a little stiff in the pant region seeing topsy post again?
    I got wood. If I didn't love God King Zauper so much topsy would be my number 1. Besides you Benjamin. You know you are my number 1 number 1.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

I think warrin tier wars... It's about drafting till 3-5ppa?

I think it's been some time we have seen -3ppa wars.. And practically, I think that's the max negative ppa you can go to?

Assume 50% homes pump, that's an extra 5ppa excluding mods). You would need to draft down to like 2+ppa w/ homes to hit -3ppa after homes are razed. The issue right now is modern day Utopia don't really require that deep anymore. -1 ppa to 0 ppa, yea. But -3 ppa hasn't been seen or heard.

It requires hell alot of time to do that though.

How deep were the banks drafted last age in bb vs emeriti war?

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Sir Postalot
    we got to 105-110% or so. Fortified stance stopped the need to do so at 130% BE. Emeriti spent a ton of effort in soldier swapping and releasing into peasants to inflate BE as well. Something like 100 packets sent per tick during the 48h staredown.

Whatever that was was certainly over most everyone's head, including mine, I know what they were going for but have yet to put the brain energy into figuring it out myself.

We used soldier aid to put some banks and faeries to 114% though, just leaves other kd members closer to 100-105
    Last edited by flogger; 18-07-2015 at 03:51.

Anyway, the only way a warring tier kingdom can learn the full effects of what deep drafting actually achieves.. Is to get owned in a war vs a whoring tier kd first..

With that being said, there's only 2-4 kingdoms left that have the knowledge and skill to pull off such stuff. Sure, there are other leaders who know how to do it.. But they will get their hair pulled out in order to teach/coordinate the minions

Probably expendibles, beastblood and emeriti are the only kingdoms who can do such stuff now.
    Last edited by TheOne; 18-07-2015 at 03:51.

To be continued...

-

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Emeriti spent a ton of effort in soldier swapping and releasing into peasants to inflate BE as well. Something like 100 packets sent per tick during the 48h staredown.

Whatever that was was certainly over most everyone's head, including mine, I know what they were going for but have yet to put the brain energy into figuring it out
    Challenge accepted. Let me think about this

To be continued...

-

I wont name names in my KD, but i had a bit more then a handfull trained up before notice was even given to Panda, and was bleeding gc big time, yet hostile/war came and i find the same handful not being anywhere near ready in a bunch of areas, it simply cant be done without the experienced core, the monarch can do all the prep and lay the plan etc. but if 1/4th dont follow the instructions to war at this level, its near impossible to fight proper, and the frustration from all the work the monarch has put in, watch slide out into "meh", is indeed hair pulling.

Dont get me wrong i know and understand why they are trained up and prep'd to the max, its because in war tier its usually what is needed and there is no other way to do it, simply because if you dont use your gc in war tier its 99% sure its gone before you can train.. Last age i had a growth doing 2 plunders + stealing into Hostile tag (while we were fortified to change builds and train up, but hits was late UF + Dragon both sides), when approached why they(the growth) didnt stay out, i was simply told they didnt have stealth to check news to see if every hostile tag was true, and that is a common trend over the last 5 ages where ive been leading fluffy.
    Last edited by Aranfein; 18-07-2015 at 04:08.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    Does anyone else get a little stiff in the pant region seeing topsy post again?
    Erm, no. But topsy does make me hapsy. :D

Post Fiend
    i would really love to see an age without any CF deals/notice deals. i think it would be fairly interesting for the entire server.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by pukusam View Post
    i would really love to see an age without any CF deals/notice deals. i think it would be fairly interesting for the entire server.

A new server (Genesis) without no cf would make it more attractive than wol.

Needs to get out more
    That's my point about the meta. It's achievable but only through the near vacuum of noninterference.

A kingdom mate of mine experimented with soldier swaps and it's cool if you have the activity. We're both old companions and active so it was alright. My guess was we missed a tick of maximization, so if there's a next time we'll have it down.

I'm aware of a few forethought mechanisms I'm simply not going to use. Part of the disheveled ghetto is the knowledge gap in kingdom. You'll have frustrated meta players in the same kingdom with barbarians which requires leadership that works like a trucks transmission. Simply; this is a rare trait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    I wont name names in my KD, but i had a bit more then a handfull trained up before notice was even given to Panda, and was bleeding gc big time, yet hostile/war came and i find the same handful not being anywhere near ready in a bunch of areas, it simply cant be done without the experienced core, the monarch can do all the prep and lay the plan etc. but if 1/4th dont follow the instructions to war at this level, its near impossible to fight proper, and the frustration from all the work the monarch has put in, watch slide out into "meh", is indeed hair pulling.

Dont get me wrong i know and understand why they are trained up and prep'd to the max, its because in war tier its usually what is needed and there is no other way to do it, simply because if you dont use your gc in war tier its 99% sure its gone before you can train.. Last age i had a growth doing 2 plunders + stealing into Hostile tag (while we were fortified to change builds and train up, but hits was late UF + Dragon both sides), when approached why they(the growth) didnt stay out, i was simply told they didnt have stealth to check news to see if every hostile tag was true, and that is a common trend over the last 5 ages where ive been leading fluffy.
    I wonder why you even bother whoring with such a inexperienced core buddy. Its too much work :)
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Thread Information