Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: cj DB and notice -wsk-

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Is that the Kremlin I know?
    Yep, someone stole my name though :(

Or maybe I registered it and forgot the e-mail. *shrugs*

So cj asked for 11.5k acres for eoa? Seemed fair to me. Now we have this mess when wsk could have diploed for eoa with cj and prepared for either pandas or fluffy. Oh well such is utopia
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Oh good find Palem.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKremlin View Post
    Yep, someone stole my name though :(

Or maybe I registered it and forgot the e-mail. *shrugs*
    Seems likely. I think you're still supposed to come over and have some whiskey.

And for the record I can care less about wsk notice. They won't get much except dead wizzies. So when hostile ends they will be in more of a disadvantage. I'm not completely without options. I did learn from the best.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrystal Palace View Post
    And for the record I can care less about wsk notice. They won't get much except dead wizzies. So when hostile ends they will be in more of a disadvantage. I'm not completely without options. I did learn from the best.
    Did you notice that their deal leaves a gap that allows cj to notice them prior to hostile Starting after notice ends?. And that they supported pyro vs ED earlier so you can retal heavily as long as you tell them 12h before you're out and tag cj in?

Post Fiend
    Seems likely. I think you're still supposed to come over and have some whiskey.
    True :) I do like Whiskey!

Post Fiend
    Did you notice that their deal leaves a gap that allows cj to notice them prior to hostile Starting after notice ends?. And that they supported pyro vs ED earlier so you can retal heavily as long as you tell them 12h before you're out and tag cj in?
    Haha, good point. I suppose one good turn deserves another :)

So cj asked for 11.5k acres for eoa? Seemed fair to me. Now we have this mess when wsk could have diploed for eoa with cj and prepared for either pandas or fluffy. Oh well such is utopia
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKremlin View Post
    Monarch of the kingdom WSK noticed here (side note Palem -- If our location is in the name we have taken for ourselves this age can I post that here? :) )

Ridiculous.

Of course half of the diplo that goes on in this game fits that bill as well.

Clearly WsK is just noticing us to "dodge" CJ. Also that is clearly against the spirit of the deal they have with CJ (No notice into notice is fine -- it's meant to stop someone from jacking your legitimate plans to war someone, I get that).

How about this for a thought exercise though. What if WsK had a notice deal with the #100 land kingdom. Lets say that they made this deal for 573 hours knowing that they have no intention of ever using it unless they needed to dodge someone. Then they notice said kingdom 10 minutes before they get noticed by big bad CJ. No one would fault CJ for ignoring it right? I mean, that #100 land kingdom probably can't even BREAK one of WsK's provinces.

Obviously the optics aren't as bad with us. Yes we can break a few of WsKs provinces :) and who knows, if they razed every single building maybe they could even get into NW range to declare. Granted they are a fully established 25 man kingdom and we have about 17 real players but whatever. But is it really any different? They clearly only noticed us to dodge. They are also very clearly out of range. Why should CJ respect that notice any more than he would respect a notice vs the #100 land kingdom? And if we all agree that he SHOULD respect the notice where does it stop? What if someone made a notice deal with all of the top kingdoms then served some bogus 1000 hour notice and used that as cover? Sure, it would LOOK a lot worse but would it really be any different?

Anyway, I'm sure this will all work out one way or the other :)

And for the record, I get that WsK probably feels like they are getting the short end of the stick. They wanted to war Pando and CJ clearly has a stronger position vs them. But that doesn't mean they should try to dodge with some crazy notice 10 minutes before CJ can notice them and expect nobody to care.
    Thank you.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Enthusiast
    LOL...Cj getting beat at diplo...what a shame! Also, Wsk wanted to war Fluffy, not Panda...not quite sure how anyone could miss that fact after all the griping here in these forums.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Yes.

Thank you.
    The one... did u or did u not agree to a CF where it says clearlly: NO NOTICE TO NOTICE!?... you did, so why in the hell are u trying to twist things @ in ur favor. Its pointed black on white u did agree to that.. end of story. "Thank you" to quote you.

Enthusiast
    we care even less about you man. We have no intention into farming u or whateva - thats not our style. You are used as a shell according to our deals, nothing more nothing less.
    Last edited by cRs; 20-07-2015 at 22:20.

Post Fiend
    So an argument that "who would agree to such thing anyway" is moot because it was agreed to.

Likewise, regardless of the size difference in the kingdoms they choose to notice, it is still a notice. Whether it goes to war is irrelevant.

A deal is a deal. Abide by it.

Didn't my kingdom get flamed for not sticking in the "no **** notice" term? A kingdom is allowed to agree to whatever terms they so wish, and in so doing, they should be held to those terms. Basic contract law folks!!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkadian/Taylor View Post
    A deal is a deal. Abide by it.
    Whisper this to BB and pyro.
    Last edited by lampost; 20-07-2015 at 22:33.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    LOL...Cj getting beat at diplo...what a shame! Also, Wsk wanted to war Fluffy, not Panda...not quite sure how anyone could miss that fact after all the griping here in these forums.
    I don't follow these things THAT closely -- Anyway, Fluffy or Panda's, doesn't change my point.

When does this stop? I'm honestly curious, would you guy's say the same thing if WsK had a notice deal with the #100 land kingdom of 573 hours and "noticed" said kingdom 10 minutes before CJ could notice them. Would that be OK?

To some degree it is always going to be possible to get around the spirit of these deals to dodge / $#@#play and just generally make things stupid. I'm sure that most of us aren't lawyers and even if we were why would we want to turn this game into some facsimile of real world contract law?

WsK (I'm assuming the guy who posted above speaks for WsK -- if not let me know and I will ignore) even admitted that they are just using us to dodge CJ.

Thread Information