Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: cj DB and notice -wsk-

Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Whisper this to BB and pyro.
    Tell them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKremlin View Post
    I don't follow these things THAT closely -- Anyway, Fluffy or Panda's, doesn't change my point.

When does this stop? I'm honestly curious, would you guy's say the same thing if WsK had a notice deal with the #100 land kingdom of 573 hours and "noticed" said kingdom 10 minutes before CJ could notice them. Would that be OK?

To some degree it is always going to be possible to get around the spirit of these deals to dodge / $#@#play and just generally make things stupid. I'm sure that most of us aren't lawyers and even if we were why would we want to turn this game into some facsimile of real world contract law?

WsK (I'm assuming the guy who posted above speaks for WsK -- if not let me know and I will ignore) even admitted that they are just using us to dodge CJ.
    Doesn't make a difference they agreed to it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetzy View Post
    To clarify. You would be OK with them noticing the #100 land kingdom with a 500+ hour notice clause? Just because it was "agreed" to. In spite of CLEARLY being against the spirit of the agreement?

To clarify. You would be OK with them noticing the #100 land kingdom with a 500+ hour notice clause? Just because it was "agreed" to. In spite of CLEARLY being against the spirit of the agreement?
    Of course you wouldn't be pleased that's a given. However, the agreement states it so you abide by it. The Spirit as you call it is all but dead now. It's Crazies own diplo that's screwed them on this.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They agreed to it with the intention of breaking it, so that makes it ok according to flogger.

Enthusiast
    I don't follow these things THAT closely -- Anyway, Fluffy or Panda's, doesn't change my point.

When does this stop? I'm honestly curious, would you guy's say the same thing if WsK had a notice deal with the #100 land kingdom of 573 hours and "noticed" said kingdom 10 minutes before CJ could notice them. Would that be OK?

To some degree it is always going to be possible to get around the spirit of these deals to dodge / $#@#play and just generally make things stupid. I'm sure that most of us aren't lawyers and even if we were why would we want to turn this game into some facsimile of real world contract law?

WsK (I'm assuming the guy who posted above speaks for WsK -- if not let me know and I will ignore) even admitted that they are just using us to dodge CJ.
    Fluffy noticed Panda 5 minute before our notice into EOWCF - cuz as the comunitty says it is OK.
    So they dodge us for Panda.
    I addmited allready we are using u as dodge..

Why would our dodge be any dif than fluffy vs panda?? and yes at 1st we got angry about it and even noticed fluffy and told them we will hit them into theyr hostile/war... then since the comunity was so friendlly like for fluffy dodging panda into EOWCF we retracted our notice to fluffy and chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    They agreed to it with the intention of breaking it, so that makes it ok according to flogger.
    This is a Crazies/WSK thread please stay on topic.

Post Fiend
    Lets keep things on topic :) I think flogger has yet to enter the thread! Although if we want to create a we all love flogger thread I'm sure we can figure something out.

Post Fiend
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, u should even copy to the post he said this in :P.

Forum Fanatic
    So I mean, I think that it's lame for them to notice you guys to try to dodge, but you have to realize that you guys are t10 NW. It's hard to argue that notice of any two t10 kds against eachother is not valid because they're too far apart in size. The size difference in this instance probably doesn't justify cJ attempting to break his word -- there are other things he can (should?) do.

ofc, if all WSK needs to do to get out of this situation is give cJ ~10k acres for an EOA, that's the easiest solution for everyone and a fairly small price. Then they prep for fluffy (who they gave notice to, so they have no notice deal with?) and farm them immediately after fluffy comes oow.

Everyone wins?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    This is a Crazies/WSK thread please stay on topic.
    Okay...I guess if we're ignoring totally relevant things that pertain to top kingdom diplomacy and dealbreaks and just solely focusing on two kingdoms...

In the entire history of Utopia, there has never been a president of what is or is not acceptable behavior between the two kingdoms of Crazies and WSKs. Therefore no one has done anything wrong.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cRs View Post
    we care even less about you man. We have no intention into farming u or whateva - thats not our style. You are used as a shell according to our deals, nothing more nothing less.
    I was, until reading this post, leaning in favor of telling cj to wait 72 hrs and notice then since it's ok to notice after notice expires before hostile, but clearly his argument of you breaking the spirit of the deal was validated by your comment. If u have no intention of whatevering them then you yourself admit that the notice is invalid thus giving even more validity to cjs proper notice....great :D

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    So I mean, I think that it's lame for them to notice you guys to try to dodge, but you have to realize that you guys are t10 NW. It's hard to argue that notice of any two t10 kds against eachother is not valid because they're too far apart in size. The size difference in this instance probably doesn't justify cJ attempting to break his word -- there are other things he can (should?) do.

ofc, if all WSK needs to do to get out of this situation is give cJ ~10k acres for an EOA, that's the easiest solution for everyone and a fairly small price. Then they prep for fluffy (who they gave notice to, so they have no notice deal with?) and farm them immediately after fluffy comes oow.

Everyone wins?
    11k acres seems like small amount, seems not smart to not accept it to avoid trouble where an easy solution could be had. Why cause drama when none was needed?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post

Everyone wins?
    Yea, I understand what you are saying Zaups :) And to a degree I agree with you. We ARE in the top 10 (and in the past that might have actually meant something -- there is a 3 man kingdom that just might finish in the top 10 this age...) and that is definitely different than the #100 land kingdom. What I'm trying to get at though is that all of these deals are going to have crazy little loopholes (like I said earlier, most of us aren't contract lawyers). And do we really want to end up taking that to the logical extremes? At some point you ARE going to end up with situations like noticing the #100 land kingdom.

In a vacuum I have no issue with WsK noticing us. I mean really all that is is saying that they are canceling our CF. Maybe they think they can take the land of our big guy's and that will push them up to be able to challenge the top 3? Who knows. But that isn't what is happening here. The notice is purely to exploit a loophole in the deal with CJ, that's been admitted. It really probably wouldn't matter to WsK if we were #100 in land.

Also, I realize that this isn't the first time or the last time this will happen. I get that WsK probably view what happened between Panda's and Fluffy as an equivalent situation (we can probably start another 100 post thread arguing that if we wanted) but I hope that we can discuss this situation for it's own merits.

And yes, we have plenty of options as well and I'm sure there will be some curveballs before this is over.

isnt the term notice really short for 'we notice you for war' you've already admitted you arent going to cut nw to war so its not really a notice,

Thread Information