Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Realization: The name "Emeriti" encourages the use of "Abs"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    "I didn't have time to play this and won't next age but I will spend day after day after day posting in the forums for hours"
    Man...I feel like that describes someone else...can't quite put my finger on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Man...I feel like that describes someone else...can't quite put my finger on it...
    I am playing though and never stated I havent had time to play. :) See the difference? :))

Strategy Moderator
    Korp, you may be playing but you sure aren't making much for yourself ingame. Most people don't even know where you play. If I were to play and lead a top kingdom and an alliance, it'd take me a lot more time than you likely spend on the game. On top of all that, I'd probably spend just as much time or more posting as I do now (which isn't actually all that much on average.)

Sir Postalot
    does this fantasy land where you've handed our asses to us 9 times out of 10 come with a supermodel wife and a house in the hamptons? I think you gained land 3 of those 10, including that 500 acre "farming" two ages ago

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    does this fantasy land where you've handed our asses to us 9 times out of 10 come with a supermodel wife and a house in the hamptons? I think you gained land 3 of those 10, including that 500 acre "farming" two ages ago
    My guess is that it comes with you pressing the I lose button.

Strategy Moderator
    We've gained land most of the fights. There was 3-4 times we didn't gain much besides the ww bonus and the reshuffeling of land to get big provs and provs who could random back up. That's including the 1 of 10 that you won. I am only aware of two times that you actually gained land with one being the one time you won and the other being when you were avians and min time wd up a wave. Last age you farmed out in one of the biggest farm outs in memory -- 68k acres I think that Emeriti gained?

Two ages ago we gained enough that we were a solid #2 (only behind Pyro due to the Shinra farm out) while you were way behind until late age when we warred Pyro and you arranged farm wars to catch up.

Anyway, congrats on the win this age. I understand that Utopia isn't only about winning 1v1 fights and you've successfully "changed the rules" and returned utopia to the days where your contacts and influence are as or more instrumental than your province and kingdom. Obviously having my kingdom be the first victim of this change wasn't what I wanted, but I can still show my respect to innovators.

Thumbs up

Oh man tetley, nice thread buddy.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    We've gained land most of the fights. There was 3-4 times we didn't gain much besides the ww bonus and the reshuffeling of land to get big provs and provs who could random back up. That's including the 1 of 10 that you won. I am only aware of two times that you actually gained land with one being the one time you won and the other being when you were avians and min time wd up a wave. Last age you farmed out in one of the biggest farm outs in memory -- 68k acres I think that Emeriti gained?

Two ages ago we gained enough that we were a solid #2 (only behind Pyro due to the Shinra farm out) while you were way behind until late age when we warred Pyro and you arranged farm wars to catch up.

Anyway, congrats on the win this age. I understand that Utopia isn't only about winning 1v1 fights and you've successfully "changed the rules" and returned utopia to the days where your contacts and influence are as or more instrumental than your province and kingdom. Obviously having my kingdom be the first victim of this change wasn't what I wanted, but I can still show my respect to innovators.
    was it not drixx and fake rage to lead the fake fair play alliance to gb ama not so long ago.. so hypocritical. there was no reason for that should have let cr handle their own business instead you losers in fake rage jumped at the chance to gb ama ..

Enthusiast
    I think it's a sad day when there's so few good kd's to try and eliminate a good kingdom like Emereti. Same as I was sad when Simians disbanded. The games too small and the players are too few to try and GB kingdoms into folding.

I remember the slogan for the FPA like it was yesterday :P

"25 Green!"

Most of the kingdoms that participated in the fun filled event were sour kingdoms that AMA had pawned at one time or another, or you had the kingdoms like Rusty trying to get in good with the FPA kingdoms by razing into all our wars we had with all of the other clown kingdoms. The good thing about getting GB'd by 12 kingdoms is u have 12 buttons tho!

I think players like Elit and ASF etc make the game funner and more competitive when their playing Utopia. I hope all of the kingdoms involved from both sides continue to play utopia and hold the number of players instead of dropping them.

Just my 2 cents :P
    Last edited by Crazy Pete; 24-07-2015 at 05:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
    I think it's a sad day when there's so few good kd's to try and eliminate a good kingdom like Emereti. Same as I was sad when Simians disbanded. The games too small and the players are too few to try and GB kingdoms into folding.

I remember the slogan for the FPA like it was yesterday :P

"25 Green!"

Most of the kingdoms that participated in the fun filled event were sour kingdoms that AMA had pawned at one time or another, or you had the kingdoms like Rusty trying to get in good with the FPA kingdoms by razing into all our wars we had with all of the other clown kingdoms. The good thing about getting GB'd by 12 kingdoms is u have 12 buttons tho!

I think players like Elit and ASF etc make the game funner and more competitive when their playing Utopia. I hope all of the kingdoms involved from both sides continue to play utopia and hold the number of players instead of dropping them.

Just my 2 cents :P
    Best post ever
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Needs to get out more
    Perhaps this awar has helped decide The Virtual Kingdom theme next age: Fantasy Island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Strategy Moderator
    Crunch, I don't know much of anything about the old FPA or RBL's involvement in it. I wasn't playing or even reading the forums at that time. I think you're probably right that they were involved, but I doubt they were leading it although I don't really know.

Needs to get out more
    AMA was pretty dangerous I recall and the wave they hit CR rendered all CRs elves to the bottom. AMA was aligned with elves center and CR had theirs distributed at different nw intervals prior to the AMA wave. it was a shame because CR reportedly could handle the wave, but the alliance got involved. If only after the fact...

CRs version of the AMA alignment in subsequent ages shows they get it. I'm sure it's all old school strategy, but nobody else was using the AMA formation in the top. I loved watching them work and diplo was always secondary to fun in my neighborhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    AMA was pretty dangerous I recall and the wave they hit CR rendered all CRs elves to the bottom. AMA was aligned with elves center and CR had theirs distributed at different nw intervals prior to the AMA wave. it was a shame because CR reportedly could handle the wave, but the alliance got involved. If only after the fact...

CRs version of the AMA alignment in subsequent ages shows they get it. I'm sure it's all old school strategy, but nobody else was using the AMA formation in the top. I loved watching them work and diplo was always secondary to fun in my neighborhood.
    Leaving all dealbreaking talk apart, We had been pumping for a long time and had pretty insane science. It was a classic case that AMA had to war that age, CR secured the right CF's and pumped so come late age it was probably gonna be a CR win in a war at close acres. Thats when all the dealbreaking stuff happened and the rest is history

We loved Elf Warheros in CR, I personally played one and it was fun turtling them up
    Last edited by DM_Benjamin; 25-07-2015 at 05:20. Reason: spelling
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Forum Fanatic
    But ASF you concede that it's an easy slide from "Kingdom for and by old ABS members; former ABS player 'retirement ghetto'" to "ABS kingdom" right? Especially with the name Emeriti lol

The Jerks.

Thread Information