Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: mysterious case of the missing pyro

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    No discussion of moderator action, at all. Get on topic.
    moderators moderating in moderation moderate moderately

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    What was the ingame message? It's not really relevant if Nesta was directly involved. It's more a question if the guy doing the plunder is friendly with Pyro or was in talks to join them. What's the answer to these questions?

Sheister, during the earlier deal break and hitting into war stuff by BB, they announced that they were taking a stand against ALL unfair play and that they would action anyone in the future as well who played unfair including their own allies. I doubt anyone actually believed them, but since they made that claim to try and help them gain support, it's fun now to remind them of it even though they've already proven they will defend their allies when they **** play (like when they helped Pyro keep the land from their double hostile.)
    ASF -- I get the feeling that you don't really care about the situation with Pyro and are just willing to do anything to paint BB / ext. in a bad light. That's fine but why not leave it out of this thread, it really has nothing to do with them. Even if you think Pyro deserves to be GBed for what happened (a stretch) WE are the ones who were fighting them and WE certainly aren't asking for any assistance. Prot and I had a quick chat about things and honestly it's none of your business as it had no bearing on the actual conflict.

Yes, the original message we got from the province in question made it look realllly bad. Which is one of the reason's we defected and razed instead of just resetting like our original plan. You know what also contributed? The fact that Nesta (or maybe pyro in general, I wasn't directly involved in the diplo) acted like we had killed their cat because we had the nerve to actually hit them. In spite of the fact we had no deal with them and we all know they would have hesitated exactly 0 seconds to do the same to us or anyone else on the server.

Let me be clear, 0 issue with Pyro going after us but they also don't get to whine and complain (at least without some ridicule) when we do what we have to do to make sure they don't gain and yes, we might be a little bit more vindictive when they act so arrogantly.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKremlin View Post
    ASF -- I get the feeling that you don't really care about the situation with Pyro and are just willing to do anything to paint BB / ext. in a bad light. That's fine but why not leave it out of this thread, it really has nothing to do with them. Even if you think Pyro deserves to be GBed for what happened (a stretch) WE are the ones who were fighting them and WE certainly aren't asking for any assistance. Prot and I had a quick chat about things and honestly it's none of your business as it had no bearing on the actual conflict.
    The reason ASF is so interested is because it appears Pyro did what Emeriti did, the notable exceptions of plunder instead of razes, and not having a gangbang follow.

Needs to get out more
    I could support the idea of an AquaSeaFoam sticky and/or some kind of top player manifesto forum. It might stink having AquaSeaFoam comment in your thread but for us in the peanut gallery it's worthwhile content.

Keep doing what your doing and just hit the ignore button when you're feeling sensitive. It's a great tool.
    Pyro, CP; rock on.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Ultimately if (and that's a big if) I had to choose sides it would be protector all day everyday. Just saying.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrystal Palace View Post
    Ultimately if (and that's a big if) I had to choose sides it would be protector all day everyday. Just saying.
    :(.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The reason ASF is so interested is because it appears Pyro did what Emeriti did, the notable exceptions of plunder instead of razes, and not having a gangbang follow.
    Not really and its by now obvious that ASF takes every chance throw **** on BB. Mod sanctioned ranting and derailing in threads :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    :(.
    You know I'm always on your side!

Post Fiend
    At the risk of taking this off topic again. That isn't really the case. What Pyro did and what Emeriti did weren't the same thing at all.

I don't like that you are making it seem like I'm defending Pyro... grrr. I don't think they handled themselves very well in this situation and probably during the "AWAR" as well. They deserve everything that is coming to them and probably more. Trying to make these apple and oranges comparisons aren't helping anyone's case though. Its super obvious that there are biases all over the place so maybe it makes more sense to just drop it and let things fall where they may in the actual game? I'm sure next round will be quite interesting and there is no need to try to manufacture more drama than already exists.

Needs to get out more
    I guess it's easier for us because kingdoms like ours are far enough away from the awar to have enjoyed the show. Like a fireworks display, you're not close enough till debris is falling down around you. In our case we had a couple of contenders sprawled in our range.

If it were me I think the fun would be irresistable. There were uninvolved kingdoms in range which could've been dragged in by proxy. Total chaos isn't the way every age should go, but this was a good one to let it all hang out. We see everyone return to the norm with little drama to conclude the age...thus far.

An open approach if I may; and this is only theory. Let's say the super kingdoms that've taken intel from the bigger ghettos have acre farms(kingdoms that won't retal them) that come to take our ghetto acres. Instead of retaliating against these acre farms we could retal the super kingdoms directly. Thus bypassing retal driven farm wars and making the race at the top more interesting. I guess the acre farm kingdoms could drive harder but the process would be more harrowing due to nw differences, CF arrangements and yada, yada. I just don't follow things well enough to know who farms who up there.

Don't forget: fun forward. If cJ can't take time to run a war let flogger or call in a retired ringer for a roll of the dice.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 30-07-2015 at 00:58. Reason: This might be the wrong thread?!?
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I guess it's easier for us because kingdoms like ours are far enough away from the awar to have enjoyed the show. Like a fireworks display, you're not close enough till debris is falling down around you. In our case we had a couple of contenders sprawled in our range.

If it were me I think the fun would be irresistable. There were uninvolved kingdoms in range which could've been dragged in by proxy. Total chaos isn't the way every age should go, but this was a good one to let it all hang out. We see everyone return to the norm with little drama to conclude the age...thus far.

An open approach if I may; and this is only theory. Let's say the super kingdoms that've taken intel from the bigger ghettos have acre farms(kingdoms that won't retal them) that come to take our ghetto acres. Instead of retaliating against these acre farms we could retal the super kingdoms directly. Thus bypassing retal driven farm wars and making the race at the top more interesting. I guess the acre farm kingdoms could drive harder but the process would be more harrowing due to nw differences, CF arrangements and yada, yada. I just don't follow things well enough to know who farms who up there.

Don't forget: fun forward. If cJ can't take time to run a war let flogger or call in a retired ringer for a roll of the dice.
    I suspect Expendables has about 25 people that could lead a war, maybe they could lend one to cJ. #HistoricKingdom

I can't believe they are going to crown. You may have enjoyed the fireworks but how can a retirement ghetto (or whatever you want to call a kd only 1/2 filled start of age) that CF'd all the top kds, win the age? They still had people defect or killed off just a few weeks ago. #saD #ThanksEmeriti #ThisIsAllYourFault #NotFloggersFault #Crown4Zauper

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Not really and its by now obvious that ASF takes every chance throw **** on BB. Mod sanctioned ranting and derailing in threads :)
    One sentence is a rant? I didn't even express any strong emotions or opinions lol
    And I'm not derailing anything. CP vs Pyro is over. The fallout is being discussed and I'm discussing the fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKremlin View Post
    At the risk of taking this off topic again. That isn't really the case. What Pyro did and what Emeriti did weren't the same thing at all.
    Really? They're not at all the same thing? From here it looks like they both had friendly provinces sitting in different kingdoms that hit into their friendly kingdom's enemy. Whatever their motivations were, that seems like exactly the same thing.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I suspect Expendables has about 25 people that could lead a war, maybe they could lend one to cJ. #HistoricKingdom
    I don't think I'd want to have my war run by anyone who's name ends in _mi. Or haplo. Or probably some other nubs!
    I can't believe they are going to crown. You may have enjoyed the fireworks but how can a retirement ghetto (or whatever you want to call a kd only 1/2 filled start of age) that CF'd all the top kds, win the age? They still had people defect or killed off just a few weeks ago. #saD #ThanksEmeriti #ThisIsAllYourFault #NotFloggersFault #Crown4Zauper
    The situation is pretty remarkable -- a testamount to the fact that strong whoring can still put you on par with good farmwars. 6 of the provs weren't in the kd 4 weeks ago (mar1yr7) -- representing 29,752 acres. All of those were started as fresh provs and grown; a few had to be defected or eliminated to make room. 5 weeks ago (mar1yr6), it's 9 provinces (52,113 acres).

Put differently -- 60% of the way through the age, they were a kd with ~64% of the provinces that they currently have.

As I understand it, there are discussions with cJ to see whether it makes sense to war for crown.

Sir Postalot

Really? They're not at all the same thing? From here it looks like they both had friendly provinces sitting in different kingdoms that hit into their friendly kingdom's enemy. Whatever their motivations were, that seems like exactly the same thing.
    well for one pyro hadnt recruited anyone for a few weeks for next age or for the current age. So someone claiming to be a new recruit was just a lie. People can read the forums and I gather it's more likely it was just someone trying to fsu or make them look bad, poorly. (Although asfnub and palemnub fell for it so maybe not that poorly)

For Seconds who just posts im joining another kingdom then makes a meaningless plunder into the kd Theyre warring the tick war starts when the other side hasnt hit for 24h and apparently were ready to
    Reset because it was a meaningless fight. Surely we can agree no leader would say "hey, 1x plunder some meaningless prov because it would really help"

On the flip side the other friendly was sitting in their council channel, got told to raze by emeriti's monarch and steward, in a fight between the clear #1 and #2 kingdoms (we were both 33k and #3 was like 22k at the time)

Sir Postalot
    On the flip side cr has been able to pretty much outclass the server as far as whoring goes for the past 5 ages or so. They have players and leaders who can NW deflate and grow better than anyone. It's cost them in a few age defining fights because the rules of the game are quite stupid and reward topfeeding, but in an age where none of the opposing kingdoms wars result in any big acre changes outside of the ww bonuses, and with them not needing science or wizards, it'll win them this age. Congrats
    Last edited by flogger; 30-07-2015 at 02:44.

Thread Information