Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove "no honour gains" from Anon hits.

Postaholic

Remove "no honour gains" from Anon hits.

What topic says.

Anon is used extensively for honour kingdoms to land drop and avoid competing with larger kingdoms. Which in my humble opinion is a bad thing for the game. Intra hits removing honour = excellent change. Increasing honour gains OOW = excellent change (though wish gains were even higher). Now make anon take honour as well and the allure of land dropping for competitive kingdoms will diminish even further.

Re-balance anon by decreasing acre gains another few %.

Alternatively, just change anon to take honour OOW, keep intact in war - makes rebalancing of Orc and UD slightly less necessary.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 25-07-2015 at 17:09.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

I like anon how it is, thank you!
    #magi

Postaholic
    Motivation?
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Forum Fanatic
    Mobilize the ghetto and have them leech honor from kingdoms that land drop. There are fewer kingdoms that efficiently LD than I can count on one hand, so it should be easy enough to pick at them. There are enough ghetto players that like honor points. It's also possible to action them by razing into war, vulturing every time an LD kingdom exits war, or actioning the kingdoms that LD for them.

Of course the other way is to get a landdropper to fight a landdropper, and have both of the kingdoms go at it. More fun for everyone.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Mobilize the ghetto and have them leech honor from kingdoms that land drop. There are fewer kingdoms that efficiently LD than I can count on one hand, so it should be easy enough to pick at them. There are enough ghetto players that like honor points. It's also possible to action them by razing into war, vulturing every time an LD kingdom exits war, or actioning the kingdoms that LD for them.

Of course the other way is to get a landdropper to fight a landdropper, and have both of the kingdoms go at it. More fun for everyone.
    Community action against land droppers is unheard of. Don't see that happening.

Landdrop culture is frequent enough too. Just ask the land charting kingdoms, they get dozens of offers each age. Land dropping skews both the honour and the land charts, and implementation of mechanism to minimise it is a good thing; for growth chart to be more than a popularity and ghetto-connection contest, for honour chart where good kds grow and are forced to face each other to a higher extent rather than to relay on farm outs, for the speed of the game (land drops takes time), for less skilled kingdoms where tiering prevents them from being utterly crushed by skilled kds who should be much larger than them.

See no real reason why this shouldn't be implemented. I welcome input though :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Just bring back old school community actions, raze killing and permanent kills. Not as much damage these days with invites and all :(

Forum Fanatic
    What if anon just didn't gain extra honor from relations? That way anons still take honor, just a lot less. I don't think significant rebalancing in any other way would be necessary.

How do you use anon to landdrop? You lose honor when you hit, not when you get hit. I am confused.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    The obvious way.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    How do you use anon to landdrop? You lose honor when you hit, not when you get hit. I am confused.
    ...wut? You don't lose honor for making hits...lol

How to landdrop with Anon:
    1. Find a kingdom that's willing to take your acres.
    2. Ask them to take those acres using Anon.
    3. They go farming with Anon on.

Voila, you've lost a bunch of acres and suffered no honor loss.

So the proposal is to increase the gain nerf so the other kingdom has to hit a million times to drop land for you? Bear with me here, on strong painkillers so not thinking optimally, but the suggestion seems to work against itself.
    FYI: not a huge fan of things being drastically different in war.
    Last edited by Bishop; 28-07-2015 at 06:20.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

The suggestion is that you should recieve honor when making annon hits, so landdropping would be slightly discouraged.

Is it currently a big problem and would removing the honor nerf on anon be easily gotten around if you wanted a drop?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a "huge" problem, but outside of just considering it to be kind of lame, landdropping is something I really don't care all that much about lol

Postaholic
    Bishop: It is large enough. Both honor crowns (almost all honor contending kingdoms land drop to get into range of easier opponents, or to fix spread by offering free anon hits. And they do this at no cost, pure benefit, for themselves) and land crowns (getting to the honor kds that wants to drop first is a very good source of acres for the top land contenders) are affected quite severely by land-drops.

And the proposed change would have a large impact. I can't think of an alternative way to land drop without loosing honor if anon was adjusted. It wouldn't solve the problem of land drops fully (casual, non honor chasing kds could still drop to avoid competition), it would however solve the problem of land drops in the honor tier being unequivocally good. It'd turn land dropping to a strategic move - you drop, but you also loose massive honor, and not a go-to staple tactic almost always beneficial for the honor competitors.

A side effect would be less land dropping acres for the growth tier, which I think everyone agree is bad, including the growth kds, who seem to dislike the land drop meta, but have to abide to stay competitive.

Pyros land crown was much a result from their superiority in finding land drops, including them sending server wide messages asking if people wanted free drops. During the same age CR (kingdom I played in at the time) dropped new kingdoms weekly. Several of them in the WW or honor race. Current top honor kd land dropped earlier this age. In fact, I'd say most of the honor tier land drops at least once per age to get in range of targets, or to attempt to decrease war difficulty in their chase for easy honor. Razes destroying both land and honor limited it a bit, but in turn made dropping a larger part of land crown (earlier, small kds could raze each other. Now they have to turn to the big boys who actually want acres).
    Last edited by Tadpole; 30-07-2015 at 13:23.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Thread Information