Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So....

Forum Fanatic
    Wouldn't the integrity of the game be better if intentional-release-and-farm-out acres were razed out after being taken?

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Wouldn't the integrity of the game be better if intentional-release-and-farm-out acres were razed out after being taken?
    Who would supervise and enforce the rules then? AND WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?! It might sound good as an idea but impossible to enforce.

I would be willing to play utopia where there are 0 allowed farmout acres, but then simians, jerks, and every other kingdom not named CR, BB and Emeriti would have to disband due to accidental farmouts.

Forum Fanatic
    accidental farmouts and intentional farmouts aren't the same thing at all though.

For curiousity Godly when did jerks last farm out, accidentally or otherwise?

The Jerks.

It's basically the same on paper. There are a lot of kingdoms that want to go for land crown, hover around #6 or #7 and are just free food because they don't understand that they don't have to war everyone that notices/engages them and aren't at the level to stand a chance at that size disadvantage. They cite FSU and then just give away all their land. It's partially piss poor game mechanics, partially ego, but at the end of the day, it's all the same **** -- except in the case I pointed out, it's usually a great deal more land, free science, and a broken EOWCF period.

I'll be perfectly clear. There are only a handful of kingdoms designed to ever have a chance to win a land crown. The rest of the players/kingdoms are what we compete for to who can farm first. Whoever accomplishes that wins the round 90% of the time.

I only cited Jerks because you play there and are making the argument. I really have no idea who you have fought this round or can remember previous rounds. The same applies to N-3/5 kingdoms in the game where N = total number of kingdoms and the 3 to 5 kingdoms are CR, Emeriti, BB, some amalgamation of Pyro/CJ and Coss/AMA if they'd ever yield serious kingdoms again.
    Last edited by Godly; 31-07-2015 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    I would be willing to play utopia where there are 0 allowed farmout acres, but then simians, jerks, and every other kingdom not named CR, BB and Emeriti would have to disband due to accidental farmouts.
    But according to Emeriti BB got farmed by them. So.. Your list is incorrect!

Forum Fanatic
    Is your current kingdom called CR godly? (srs question Idk how to refer to you guys)

I understand what you are saying - I thought you were referencing something historical. For what it's worth, as long as I've played in Jerks, I cannot recall us ever farming out or shaping the charts in that egregious manner.

These specific cases - like in this case CP releases all def and farms to you guys. I'm just saying it's pretty much no different than ovenmitt releasing and farming out. In that case, other kds pressured them to be razed out. (I think you yourself may have done the razing godly?) Isn't it the same? Wasn't there some **** with Kuhan and BB (you at the time as well) and Rage and some land being razed out too?

Why not this time? What happened to old standards about intentional farmout land getting razed? Did those standards go out the window when SWEA took 50k acres from pew?

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Is your current kingdom called CR godly? (srs question Idk how to refer to you guys)

I understand what you are saying - I thought you were referencing something historical. For what it's worth, as long as I've played in Jerks, I cannot recall us ever farming out or shaping the charts in that egregious manner.

These specific cases - like in this case CP releases all def and farms to you guys. I'm just saying it's pretty much no different than ovenmitt releasing and farming out. In that case, other kds pressured them to be razed out. (I think you yourself may have done the razing godly?) Isn't it the same? Wasn't there some **** with Kuhan and BB (you at the time as well) and Rage and some land being razed out too?

Why not this time? What happened to old standards about intentional farmout land getting razed? Did those standards go out the window when SWEA took 50k acres from pew?
    Why bring up SWEA as a breakpoint of something that didnt exist? Simians farmed out before that, there was no acres razed for example.

Needs to get out more
    I think tetley is asking Godly specifically, though I agree with korp from a relative sin basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I am an extension of ZapMunk. My acres are their acres. It was like intra hitting.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

I'm not really sure what deals we've done this round after about 2 weeks ago when I stepped down as monarch. I basically started the kingdom with about 8 players and we were just goofing around... I had no aspiration of crowning and gave away EOA CFs like it was an Oprah show. We gave Emeriti an EOA CF for free even though we kinda had them with their pants down in exchange for having munk rename his prov, just for the luls. I thought it was just cool enough of an accomplishment to be top 5 (pre AWAR) with 8 real players and 14 randoms and I didn't want to influence the outcome of the Emeriti vs BB race by hitting into Emeriti while CFing BB. Pretty much every other kingdom that asked us for a CF got an EOA CF. There were really only 2 kingdoms that just did not want to do any negotiation and we had to remove them from the game.

Somewhere along the road it turned into one of the most competitive rosters assembled in the last several years and I handed the kingdom over to people who cared about crowning because, again, why not make my friends happy.

I'd imagine that the only person who would have a legitimate beef with free farming would be CJ. None of the other kingdoms have a legit shot at crowning this round. I was told he didn't mind as he's just goofing around as well. I'm currently logging in every 24 hrs and hoping I don't waste too many ToGs or starve :D

I'm pretty sure no one can seriously consider whoever wins this round as a legitimate crown (I won't be adding it to my totals), but this is only due to the AWAR. Had there been no AWAR, we'd be nowhere close to where we are now.

I think my previous point still applies, though. There have been very few instances of crowns in utopian history that were 100% earned without any backdoor deals, land drops, abusing game mechanics by bashing weak kingdoms, or other things that only someone as honest as I am would ever admit to.
    Last edited by Godly; 31-07-2015 at 21:14.

I think my previous point still applies, though. There have been very few instances of crowns in utopian history that were 100% earned without any backdoor deals, land drops, abusing game mechanics by bashing weak kingdoms, or other things that only someone as honest as I am would ever admit to.
    Name one example of an age that was won clean...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

I'd imagine that the only person who would have a legitimate beef with free farming would be CJ. None of the other kingdoms have a legit shot at crowning this round. I was told he didn't mind as he's just goofing around as well. I'm currently logging in every 24 hrs and hoping I don't waste too many ToGs or starve :D
    Good, leave the starving to Nick_mi
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Regular
    It's like the bell curve and relative. There have been clean "wins" and not so "clean" wins. I agree that this age's land crown is pretty meaningless. But a good opportunity to train the aspiring KDs! :D

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Name one example of an age that was won clean...
    I believe age 55. Flogger beat Sanctuary, Rage, and Mercy pretty much B2B2B. Whenever that was.

Thread Information