Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesters break war deal with FS

I guess to clarify, I dont play in ED.

Forum Fanatic
    More drama more dealbreaks.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    I understand why ED is here getting their jabs in but the situation isn't exactly the same lol. It sounds like jesters fully agreed to a war with FS and then backed out.
    From my understanding, the deal was to cap acres at 75k during the FS EOWCF period (they would do the same), then give FS a 3 day Fort while both sides maintain 75k acre cap and prepared to break ceasefire and move towards war. The "what we do between CF break and war declaration" part was not discussed.

FS started exploring as soon as they broke CF and proceeded to bounce down the Jester cow. Two sound tactics to gain an advantage in war, but the issue comes from the fact that there was no actual declaration agreed upon. No button deal, no tactics deal, nothing. The deal involved an acre cap and a ceasefire break on a certain date. The "assumption" was that war would come from it all, but FS played their hand too soon and jumped the gun on their moves to gain a war advantage. The cow bouncing was expected; the heavy exploration was not. That made FS look like a much less appealing war target to pursue; they effectively shot themselves in the foot by trying to gain an advantage before securing a button deal or declare deal.

Then the bounces just continued, on and on, forcing Jesters to respond in kind, with both sides simply bouncing nonstop to remove potential UB provinces. FS went for their advantage by bouncing, Jesters bounced just to keep up. After two days, neither side was any better off and they were in the same position they started in, except with a bunch of bounce-damaged provinces. It was perhaps around then that Jesters leadership started souring on waiting for this supposed "war" to ever happen. Many folks in Jesters were wondering just what exactly the point of all the bouncing was, when both sides were doing equal damage and war would've been so much more enjoyable.

There was a point made that Jesters sat in Fortified stance for the first 48 hours of hits, preventing FS from any meaningful tactics beyond bouncing. While this is partially true, attacks do stink into Fort, it didn't prevent FS from simply bouncing until they gave the button, if they wanted this war so badly. Instead, they meter-managed carefully, even going as far as to avoid going to Unfriendly for the first 24 hours. They complain that they couldn't hit into Fortified, but they easily could have bounced their way into war. Jesters was always ahead of them on the meter, pulling up only to avoid giving an untimely button, still allowing a kingdom full of Mystics to get Unfriendly spell access. That seems pretty generous to be honest. But FS continued to meter-manage; not the tactics of a kingdom that actually wants to war anytime soon.

So between the heavy exploration and the careful meter management, FS was not showing a willingness to war anytime soon. They were too busy trying to get any advantage possible, while Jesters was just looking for a worthy fight, but instead being forced to play the silly bouncing game all day and night. Jesters original plan was in fact to give the button to FS, since a short hostile was smarter for them, but after seeing FS start to explore and shift tactics to a long drawn out hostile, Jesters had to adjust their plan to match FS tactics to at least keep things even going into war.

FS wanted things quite uneven before war even began; in the end, it cost them the war they were after.

or so I gather. :)

Veteran
    ._.

Forum Fanatic
    This is why I hate these lame arranged war deals with acre caps and decided number of hits into fort and blah blah blah.

The Jerks.

Strategy Moderator
    FS has already taken a clear stance in favor of deal breaking this age. Now they are complaining about someone deal breaking them? FYI, deal breaking a cf deal is a lot worse than deal breaking a vague "agreed war" deal.

Post Demon
    people are overthinking this, Jesters changed their mind for whatever reason and should look to secure cf, that is all.

Enthusiast
    So basically the FS ghetto train rolled out of the station on it's way to Exploreville for the 2nd age in a row & rather than just going to war Sun Tzu finds out that KDs don't appreciate ****ty tactics (aka ZE BEST TACTICS EVAR, if you're in FS)?

Sounds like a very close story to what happened with ED and what ED were told happened with atleast 1 other KD, maybe it's time to take the hint?

PS. Ben, I haven't moved anywhere except closer to the range of vegetables I'd like to shove up certain people age after age. :)

Forum Addict
    The court of public opinion is super popularz in Utopia.

Post Demon
    people in this game make me sad ...

kd stays in fort and we are bad guys for not giving button, we get jerked around and allways same haters crawl from under the rocks and start flinging poo at us ...

Forum Addict
    Except a kingdom being in fort is not an obstacle to war. You want a war, you give a button, you don't dick around for 3 days, stance irrelevant.

Forum Fanatic
    What was the actual agreed deal?

Forum Fanatic
    so Verm plays in Jesters i take it?

The Jerks.

Forum Addict
    I just have spies everywhere.

Forum Addict
    The decision to bring this drama to the community is to justify the need for FS to get more than 1 free wave into Jester as "compensation"

If not, they may face repercussion like what happen between ED and FS. Good move, Sampun.
    Row, row row your boat

Thread Information