Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How greedy CJ is

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto_King View Post
    I actually agree here. Just because someone demands acres for CF doesnt mean you have to CF. Part of the game, enjoy it.
    I agree, but don't go running to the forums complaining that cJ is a big meanie because he's hitting you now after you turned down his totally reasonable offer.

Enthusiast
    You talking to me Palem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I agree, but don't go running to the forums complaining that cJ is a big meanie because he's hitting you now after you turned down his totally reasonable offer.

Official Resident Troll of cRAZiEs

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No. I'm talking to Jerks, and specifically Pendel, who made the thread. They seem to be the one's angry about cJ hitting them lol

Also, they would have dealbreak to farm out to Godly & Co. Just a headsup.

Enthusiast
    Heads Up. This message goes out to all the server. cRAZiEs is in a true hostile with Jerks. You can see via SN and all the shenanigans on this thread and not to mention our acre loss. So in other words, in the spirit of the game STFO !

Official Resident Troll of cRAZiEs

Needs to get out more
    Stop The Faeries Organization huh? You just bought yourself a *sparkly-rainbow-baby unicorn wave!

* disclaimer: that was a joke.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 04-08-2015 at 20:14. Reason: Chivalry lives, sarcasm is dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    If they were not in a position of power, why would you even consider giving them acres?! Oh alright you got me convinced. Let's just exchange acres for nudies from now on out. Sounds like fun.
    I don't understand this post. Your assertion (that land is only given when one kd is demanding it from a position of power over the other) is wrong for two reasons. Firstly, people on even ground CF for land all the time for loads of reasons; sometimes you just aren't interested in a fight at that time. Secondly, land is often given to people who aren't demanding it at all.

And you read the part of my post where I explained that the entire top throwing around free CFs is an absolute fluke and basically never happens unless you're allied or generally friendly? How could a group of experienced utopians possibly think they're entitled to a free CF with a kingdom in a superior position (who is offering a very nice/fair deal), just because the rest of the top was either involved in a huge conflict and/or was just goofing around for the age and CF'ed everybody? And before you say you don't think you're entitled to free CFs, then why would you possibly get this offended/defensive about the situation? This is very standard diplo and it's really just making Jerks look bad.
    Palem I dunno what to say to you man. I didn't mention the AWAR or say we were entitled to a free CF. (Even if CJ agreed to our suggested terms, it wasn't free. It included a hit on our biggest orc - probably could have been like 1100acres?) I'm just pointing out that lots of other KDs have been pleasant about CFs this age - including their direct competitor. So when they are like, the only KD in the top who wants to force land, we are going to have our backs up a bit.... it's not about entitlement. It's more like fairness. Why should one KD get land and not another?

The other aspect of it as I mentioned is that we just have a lot of people in the kingdom who don't have any interest in giving acres for a CF. And they don't pay much attention to the top or think about maxing the meter, farming out, chart shaping, or anything like that. For them it's fairly simple - no land deals. It's also admittedly a bit of a cop out but, as I said, it wasn't up to me. I'm just the only person who's gonna have a real talk about it on the forums.

I agree with you that compared to the deals of a usual age the 5k isn't really that bad. But it looks worse when compared to the free ones. I don't really understand your point anyways - are you suggesting that we were obligated to agree to the CF terms just because they were "good" ? Or that people aren't allowed to feel a bit upset about a "give us 5k or we'll wave you" ultimatum, or that he hit into our open relations with another kingdom?

My main point is: I don't think the 5k acres was likely to win them the crown. CJ had an opportunity to treat us reasonably well, as we have been treated by the rest of the top this age, and take the one hit offered on our largest orc. (For what it's worth, the first time I spoke to CJ, he suggested 1-2 hits for eoacf.) Instead he decided to force a conflict, which he did the last time I did diplo with him. If he just took the one hit I would have appreciated it and owed him something. He opted not to do so. Now we are retalling. I don't see what about this makes us look so bad.

The Jerks.

No. I'm talking to Jerks, and specifically Pendel, who made the thread. They seem to be the one's angry about cJ hitting them lol

Also, they would have dealbreak to farm out to Godly & Co. Just a headsup.
    I am legitimately confused on this. How would they have to dealbreak? Isn't CFs done between kingdoms and thus can be renegotiated at any time if both parties agree? (Please don't turn this into a lawyer thread) CFs between 2 kds arent with the whole server so if Jerks and Expendables were to decide they wanted to end their EOA CF early in order to donate acres wouldn't they be within their rights to do so?

I find great humor in the fact that Expendable diplo is considered so good this age when they have or had Elit (I cant keep up with my BFF) and everyone agreed AMA lost crowns because of diplo. Even if he didnt do the diplo I am still amused.

I love how Ghetto_King is trying to claim dibs hostile to keep Expendables out, that's really cute :P

I wish Pandas had won the age but I guess I'll settle for #Crown4Zauper
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Instead he decided to force a conflict
    No no no.

This is what I'm trying to say. cJ didn't force a conflict on you. He offered a totally reasonable deal for a CF and you declined it. You initiated the conflict and then you have a thread accusing cJ of double hostiling you. This is why it makes Jerks look bad.

Am I saying you have to agree to a fair CF deal? Of course not. However, starting to complain once the kingdom that you refused to CF (because they wanted some acres) starts hitting you (for acres) makes you look like a bunch of whiny entitled players.

And to answer your other question:
    Why should one KD get land and not another?
    Because the former didn't bother to ask.

You said said that it's more about "fairness" than entitlement, but I disagree. Expendables gave you an absolutely wonderful deal. Crazies offered you good deal. You're suggesting that it's not fair that they offered you a good deal, rather than an absolutely wonderful deal. That's called entitlement. You think you deserve special privileges that others normally are not granted.

@BoH
    I suppose they could mutually agree to end the EoACF, but that would reflect poorly on Expendables. I honestly doubt they would.

Palem why don't you shut up we all seen your level of gameplay and understanding I personaly raped your ghettos on multiple occasions so imo you should stay out from the talks of the pros.
    CJ has been power playing entire age and till now he got away with it, not anymore.
    The thing here is that CJ should have been raped the moment we got done with Emiriti, instead we wee more than fair and let him play his power game but he is crossing the line here. When we say no free land and in case their direct competitors did not get a single acre from us I think is more than fair.
    Not to mention that they waved is while we were in hostile with another kingdom that was opping us actively, and we were not done with them at all, so what gives him the right to mess in our payback hostile?
    I said in the first post I say it again - CJ will not win land or nw chart I promisse that!
    Jerks - #officialjerks

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    lol @ Pendel being a pro and not understanding what a powerplay is.

Regular
    it looks like "pro" qq would be a good consolation prize for the cj kd. Or at the very least pure gold for us onlookers...

From my perspective it looks like you're the one trying to create bad blood. 5k acres for a CF is a super nice deal. It's not cJ's fault that Expendables gave out EoWCF's like they're candy because they wanted Godly and Elit (or whoever it was) to have an acre race and there was a huge conflict that involved basically the entire top and they all wanted to stay safe during and after. If he wants to win, he needs to secure acres and he can't do that by just giving out CFs for nothing with larger kingdoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    its people like you who ruin the game, threatning to farm out to a enemy just trying to force someones hand. You should recognize the position you are in rather and just bend over. Just patethic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiney View Post
    Strategies differ. Expendables give out CFs like free and random out to capitalise on their orc gains. We didn't CF the entire top so like duh, obviously those people who post in the forums are gonna like expendables more because how many in the ghetto come to the forums to post. Doesn't take a genius to see this.
    Expendibles decided to give eoacf like candies because they were a chillax ghetto at the start of age.. and was probably intending to grow big and never to compete for land crown.. they gave eoacfs because it helped themselves as much as it helped the others.. and was intending to prolly have 8-10 core and be a oversized ghetto. awar happened, and thats when they realized they had an edge to crown because many land chart competitors were taken out of the race.. and they had the perfect setup for that... orc gains to try to outwhore the server. that is their choice. does it bring more friends? perhaps.

cRAZiEs started the age wanting to be in the warring tier. our setup speaks volumes. it was only after our 1st war vs wsk in week 4-5 that we realized that perhaps we should try to land crown given how the awar made things so chaotic. we didnt give CFs like free because that isnt our strategy in this competitive game. At the end of the day, it's all about an acres game, and my kingdom wont be able to compete with expendibles if it's just pure whoring. you might say i've been greedy and evil.. and to each their own.

at the end of the day. i always tell this to people. what's happening now is similar to the gameshow 'survivor'. basically there's 2 kingdoms left, and the tribal council (those who were voted off the show earlier.. i.e kingdoms this age who i've warred or taken acres from.) needs to 'vote' who wins the age. and my statement is simple. I played the game and it's up to the server to judge how they see things.. and these includes people who I have/had bad blood or conflicts with.. would they do the same as me given they were in the same shoes as me? do I know it's a 'popularity' contest from mid-late age onwards. Yes.. both Expendibles and cRAZiEs know that..

I dont understand why Jerks feel that they are entitled to an almost free eoacf. You decided to fight back instead of taking up a very good deal. okay. done. but yeah you come to the forums and QQ about it. And for someone who keeps threatening to farm out to #:# (expendibles) just to try to get an almost free eoacf, and for someone who uses the c*** word in every other sentence on whatsapp. I dont know what else to say.
    Last edited by TheOne; 04-08-2015 at 23:41.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Needs to get out more
    Not Survivor; I hate that show. This is a no holds barred hotdog eating contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    What about Big Brother? Same end-game format :D

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Expendibles decided to give eoacf like candies because they were a chillax ghetto at the start of age.. and was probably intending to grow big and never to compete for land crown.. they gave eoacfs because it helped themselves as much as it helped the others.. and was intending to prolly have 8-10 core and be a oversized ghetto. awar happened, and thats when they realized they had an edge to crown because many land chart competitors were taken out of the race.. and they had the perfect setup for that... orc gains to try to outwhore the server. that is their choice. does it bring more friends? perhaps.

cRAZiEs started the age wanting to be in the warring tier. our setup speaks volumes. it was only after our 1st war vs wsk in week 4-5 that we realized that perhaps we should try to land crown given how the awar made things so chaotic. we didnt give CFs like free because that isnt our strategy in this competitive game. At the end of the day, it's all about an acres game, and my kingdom wont be able to compete with expendibles if it's just pure whoring. you might say i've been greedy and evil.. and to each their own.

at the end of the day. i always tell this to people. what's happening now is similar to the gameshow 'survivor'. basically there's 2 kingdoms left, and the tribal council (those who were voted off the show earlier.. i.e kingdoms this age who i've warred or taken acres from.) needs to 'vote' who wins the age. and my statement is simple. I played the game and it's up to the server to judge how they see things.. and these includes people who I have/had bad blood or conflicts with.. would they do the same as me given they were in the same shoes as me? do I know it's a 'popularity' contest from mid-late age onwards. Yes.. both Expendibles and cRAZiEs know that..

I dont understand why Jerks feel that they are entitled to an almost free eoacf. You decided to fight back instead of taking up a very good deal. okay. done. but yeah you come to the forums and QQ about it. And for someone who keeps threatening to farm out to #:# (expendibles) just to try to get an almost free eoacf, and for someone who uses the c*** word in every other sentence on whatsapp. I dont know what else to say.
    "competitive game"

When your sole competition for the crown is a KD you call a 'chillax ghetto' elsewhere in your post, can you really in the same post decide that this is a competitive game?

Thread Information