Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding Jerks v Crazies

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    No, you aren't.

See, that's not a very effective strategy to argue with.

The entire point of this community's need to define a "hostile" is our desire to not interfere in what would otherwise be a fair 1v1 fight. When one side is just hitting the other side, this isn't a "fight" or a "conflict" or anything that's worthy of being protected from outside interference.

Honestly, I don't even know why this community even bothers with it anymore. Here's how it plays out every age:

-One side is getting mad at the other side
    -Other side tries to run.
    -One side hits the other side
    -Other side complains that they were in a hostile
    -One side says 'No they weren't
    -Then there's some fallout that protects whichever side has stronger friends atm.
    If you define a hostile, you create loopholes that can be abused.

Here's a better question: How do you define running, and is it okay to run? If the answer is no, it doesn't matter if you're in hostile or war, you're free game, right? If the answer is yes, then it's like any other situation where you might be waving someone in conflict with another kd and should be evaluated through the same lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Confessions backed out and ED managed to not make a thread about it and go nuts on the forums because they calmly did diplo on IRC. Perhaps you should take a feather from their cap?
    Or Jesters? :P

What does that have to do with the fact you said you are against backing out on war deals though?

Regular
    The answer, generally, is I know it when I see it.

If you want to be more specific; conflict starts when conflict starts, and when that is varies on the kingdoms in question. (i.e. for a top kingdom, conflict generally starts at cfdrop rather than when kds are hit to hostile, but for a smaller kd it generally starts at UF/hostile, or just any hits being exchanged, depending on the tier). This is generally the case for kingdoms that are able to war eachother -- it's different if you're looking outside of kds in nw-range.

The issue with trying to define what a hostile is strictly is that it creates loopholes. If a 40M kd hits a 3M kd 20 times, that's not a hostile (generally, but it could theoretically be).

Broadly, a hostile ends when the conflict is concluded and kingdoms have had the majority of mana/stealth restored and troops returned home. Do you feel like if you were to be waved, right now, it would be doubling you? Your troops are still out on jerks, but you've agreed to a CF. I look at that and I view it as doubling; there is literally no difference from a gameplay perspective to whether that CF has been agreed to ingame or not, it is purely optics.
    So basically, it depends on your view of it. You could argue that cRAZiEs wasn't hostile with Jerks because of the land and NW difference between the two if you wanted. If you know it when you see it then you pretty much determine the nature of events based on your own biases. I put some very straightforward options forward for you to generally determine when a hostile starts/ends and your reply with that crap? Now we all know that you're in the corner. Hell, even Palem is calling you out on your BS and Palem generally stays the F out of the poo-flinging!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Or Jesters? :P

What does that have to do with the fact you said you are against backing out on war deals though?
    Nothing? I don't particularly like it. But... ED wasn't the one backing out, either? So... I'm confused.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If you define a hostile, you create loopholes that can be abused.

Here's a better question: How do you define running, and is it okay to run? If the answer is no, it doesn't matter if you're in hostile or war, you're free game, right? If the answer is yes, then it's like any other situation where you might be waving someone in conflict with another kd and should be evaluated through the same lens.
    When you define a hostile, you create excuses that this community can either choose to accept or deny as a valid reason why you're doing what you're doing.

As I said before, it's irrelevant though. Are you big and strong? Are your friends big and strong and will protect you? Would anyone else really care? If the answer to any of those questions is yes then what you're doing is perfectly fine because no one's going to do anything about it.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    So basically, it depends on your view of it. You could argue that cRAZiEs wasn't hostile with Jerks because of the land and NW difference between the two if you wanted. If you know it when you see it then you pretty much determine the nature of events based on your own biases. I put some very straightforward options forward for you to generally determine when a hostile starts and your reply with that crap? Now we all know that you're in the corner. Hell, even Palem is calling you out on your BS and Palem generally stays the F out of the poo-flinging!
    The reality is that things are different in different tiers.

Generally speaking, conflict begins at notice drop for the top tier. There was no notice to drop in either case. So where does conflict begin? At the first hit into the same-sized kingdom. Where does it escalate to hostile? When the second kingdom retals or the first kingdom hits several additional times.

Does that make you feel better?

e: and lol, palem is always involved.
    Last edited by Zauper; 08-08-2015 at 21:33.

So basically, it depends on your view of it. You could argue that cRAZiEs wasn't hostile with Jerks because of the land and NW difference between the two if you wanted. If you know it when you see it then you pretty much determine the nature of events based on your own biases. I put some very straightforward options forward for you to generally determine when a hostile starts/ends and your reply with that crap? Now we all know that you're in the corner. Hell, even Palem is calling you out on your BS and Palem generally stays the F out of the poo-flinging!
    What, better than your vague crap about "Its commonly accepted" "Its community accepted" when confronted you are unable to give an answer to how or why or when or what.

Nothing? I don't particularly like it. But... ED wasn't the one backing out, either? So... I'm confused.
    Like I said a couple of posts before, first you say you feel strongly about breaking war deals but when FS gets dodged after a war deal you find the smallest possible excuse for that dodge and say it was warranted. It's funny how you twist and turn everything the way it fits you at the moment, that's all, keep it up, you are doing a good job :D

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Like I said a couple of posts before, first you say you feel strongly about breaking war deals but when FS gets dodged after a war deal you find the smallest possible excuse for that dodge and say it was warranted. It's funny how you twist and turn everything the way it fits you at the moment, that's all, keep it up, you are doing a good job :D
    Matija complains about all the FS haters, brings up the topic himself in a totally different thread. Guess he as Anri was not getting enough attention lately. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Matija complains about all the FS haters, brings up the topic himself in a totally different thread. Guess he as Anri was not getting enough attention lately. :(
    Speaking of seeking attention...

Regular
    The reality is that things are different in different tiers.

Generally speaking, conflict begins at notice drop for the top tier. There was no notice to drop in either case. So where does conflict begin? At the first hit into the same-sized kingdom. Where does it escalate to hostile? When the second kingdom retals or the first kingdom hits several additional times.

Does that make you feel better?

e: and lol, palem is always involved.
    Only a little bit. Basically, you're saying in Jerks' case hostile began when they hit several times regardless of giving button (which happened and helps your argument) and wouldn't haven ended until the bulk of troops came home, so basically 1 for the beginning and 3 for the ending just like I said. Why is it so hard to admit something like that? That's your view (at least of the top tier) and you're scared to get stuck to it. Is it because you might want to redefine it later? I think this might be the case.

In law things are gray and you can argue it all day long. Here in this game things are pretty straight forward and don't need to be argued as much. You easily could have said 1/3 or 2/3 for top tier, 2/3 for mid tier, 2/4 for bottom tier or whatever you perceive to be true in each case if you wanted. Instead you say you generally know it when you see it. You defeated your own argument several times here.

Regular
    What, better than your vague crap about "Its commonly accepted" "Its community accepted" when confronted you are unable to give an answer to how or why or when or what.
    Your inability to read what I'm writing does not change the fact that I've already addressed your inquiries and don't need to repeat myself to you. Nice troll attempt, though.

Forum Fanatic
    Only a little bit. Basically, you're saying in Jerks' case hostile began when they hit several times regardless of giving button (which happened and helps your argument) and wouldn't haven ended until the bulk of troops came home, so basically 1 for the beginning and 3 for the ending just like I said. Why is it so hard to admit something like that? That's your view (at least of the top tier) and you're scared to get stuck to it. Is it because you might want to redefine it later? I think this might be the case.
    That's my view for this situation, yes. However, and I want to point you to these words because I've said them a few times before -- for the top, hostile begins at CF drop. The reason why there is confusion here is because there was no notice to serve, etc. It's also not quite the top; jerks is t10 but not really t4-5 which is where that kind of play really tends to hold true.

In law things are gray and you can argue it all day long. Here in this game things are pretty straight forward and don't need to be argued as much. You easily could have said 1/3 or 2/3 for top tier, 2/3 for mid tier, 2/4 for bottom tier or whatever you perceive to be true in each case if you wanted. Instead you say you generally know it when you see it. You defeated your own argument several times here.
    There are things you didn't say that really hold true for the top tier. Claiming I defeated my argument is almost as dumb as you seem to be acting.

In any case, read through this thread. The only support you have for your definition is well... no one? Palem doesn't even seem to support your definition, he just thinks the whole thing is dumb because people will ignore it.

Whereas people from all tiers agree with my stance.

Your inability to read what I'm writing does not change the fact that I've already addressed your inquiries and don't need to repeat myself to you. Nice troll attempt, though.
    When arguments runs out the personal attacks comes forward. :)

When arguments runs out the personal attacks comes forward. :)
    So true, which means you have no arguments at all.

Thread Information