Thread: Thieves

Thieves

I am playing a U/WH and for some reason I cannot use any of the sabatoge stuff when I scroll down. Only the stuff under espianoge? Any thoughts?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashbox View Post
    I am playing a U/WH and for some reason I cannot use any of the sabatoge stuff when I scroll down. Only the stuff under espianoge? Any thoughts?
    Srs?

That's the racial penalty for undead, they can only use espionage thief ops. Except ud/rogue.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ^What he said. Here it is:

Undead
    Bonuses:

+570% Plague Contagiousness

-100% Food Consumption

-75% Own casualties when attacking

Always Carries and is Immune to the Plague
    Penalties:

Basic thievery only

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshrak View Post
    Srs?

That's the racial penalty for undead, they can only use espionage thief ops. Except ud/rogue.
    He's probably new, dont be a dick.

Forum Addict
    If he's new, he might as well get used to the condescending nature of the elder Utopian community early on. ;)

Postaholic
    I thought new was you started playing between age 40 and 45
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Needs to get out more
    Then I'm new with the exception that I started when the game was new for an age or so. I got serious by my standards in 53.

It comes quite naturally as I don't dissect the efficiencies, I just use what I like. After doing the meta rout for a number of years in other games I decided to come at Utopia on it's surface. Experienced gaming allows me to play by feel pretty comfortably, though my strats draw lots of criticism.

With requirements like whatsapp/insta-chat/phoning it's harder to just dip in on kingdom styles I'm curious about. A few ages ago I could drop by and see how a kingdom conducts its operations. That's all I really want anyway. I'm still toying with the idea of monarchy but the players I want are hard to find.

While I'm just blue-collar BS, my friends have been techy since the predawn of home computers. They got us all going in Utopia in my RPG group.

Particular To Topic: I've happily run undead without thieving capability several ages. My favorite was undead cleric. I ran without TG or stables and I got flack all the time. My major buildings were GS, hospitals, rax and the obligatory WT.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 15-08-2015 at 23:45.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I have been playing off and on for around 18 years now (back then it was eesite on a netscape browser). The last thing are elder community needs to be doing is showing any kind of disrespect to any one of are new players (also i don't really feel it was disrespectful for what was said). The future of this game may be on us to open are arms and welcome anyone we can. I found myself away from Utopia playing evony online, stronghold kingdoms,clash of clans, wishing the whole time it was Utopia. This time i am going to be more apart of the community. But a lot of you elders I'm sure can recall where you got lucky found a top kingdom but you didn't get to pick your race or class it was picked for you by leaders. Email or something on your answering machine telling you what your going to be. This is one of my only ages where i got to pick and it was Orc so i had some dumb Orc questions.

Post Fiend
    I stand corrected, great way to hijack another thread guys.

you have NAP w/ that kd thus no sabotage ops but intels only.

Slash, Undead is intentionally penalised for thievery.
    Even if you did pick Rogue for the sake of Rogue operations (Greater Arson, Assassinate Wizards & Propaganda) you only get those 3.

You still do not get:
    Night Strike, Arson, Incite Riots, Sabotage Wizzies, Rob Granaries Vaults Towers,
    Kidnaps, Steal Horses, Bribe Thieves, Bribe Generals, Free Prisoners.
    It's a beautiful glass, nevermind half full or empty

Quote Originally Posted by copious View Post
    Even if you did pick Rogue for the sake of Rogue operations (Greater Arson, Assassinate Wizards & Propaganda) you only get those 3.

You still do not get:
    Night Strike, Arson, Incite Riots, Sabotage Wizzies, Rob Granaries Vaults Towers,
    Rogue
    Access to all thievery operations, including 3 unique to rogues: Greater Arson, Assassinate Wizards and Propaganda

It's either you or the description in the wrong here.

Needs to get out more
    I can restart my province to find out. I'm not doing anything right now.

Anyways, I'm a fan of undead war hero as the poster is playing. It's a great balance for guys like me.

When I initially started playing Utopia I was under the impression you could be small and powerful in the tradition of other games. This is somewhat true but there are other circumstances which changed my perspective of the game...like competition.

~ acres are where the fun is. ~

It's simple for me because I'll fight anyone. You grow until someone stops you. It's a guaranteed system of adventure. The most highly regarded kingdoms in the game go for land chart which means at the apex of your search for land will be the highest level of competition.

War hero spell war spoils is gold if you know how and when to use it. I was running a human war hero so I was also toting ToG which made things pretty cool. But my major nemesis in the age I played human war hero was an undead war hero. They can be built brilliantly and carry a massive hammer of justice, lol.

To summarize; it's your ability to grab acres out of war with war spoils and retain honor that makes undead war hero cool. In war I've never felt outgunned from one personality to another, provided I get to choose the personality. Heck, I've been an attacker faery sage this age and did fine. It's funny hitting orcs and humans in war and getting the best of them despite my own reservations about faery sage attacker prowess.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by copious View Post

You still do not get:
    This is incorrect.

woops
    It's a beautiful glass, nevermind half full or empty

Thread Information